• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why is nobody ripping sCam Newton???

Ye Black Knight

Reaction score
His failure to even TRY to jump on that fumble and instead act like a complete ***** was the play that lost the game! If I'm his teammate I'm totally ripping that wuss a new ***! Yet nothing is being said about it! I'll tell you why. sCam Newton is the new golden boy and ESPN and their ilk are going to protect him at all costs. **** they were throwing the entire offense EXCEPT him under the bus. It is pathetic. I hope in the coming days more is made out of this particular play. It was one of the worst plays by a single player in NFL history imo. Any thoughts?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
That was bad. really bad.

As far as the rest of the game, credit to Denver's defense, not to mention so many dropped passes and dropped interceptions by Carolina on offense and defense. Cam didn't have a good game but then again neither did Peyton really. Tough to blame the QB when a linebacker is MVP of the game.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
He's getting called out at nfl.com for being a classless sore loser. I'm shocked shocked I say.

C

Clete

Chris Harris said the Broncos dared Newton to beat them through the air and knew he couldn't do it. He said they played Brady twice and Ben twice and Newton was not in their league.

C

Clete

The Broncos are ripping the thug. LB Danny Travathan called him selfish, he plays for himself. Taliban ridiculed him saying he is probably tearing up in a press conference and there is no superman. They questioned his effort on the fumble and his manhood saying he didn't want it. Thug and a low class person, stealing laptops, stealing exams, trash doesn't change its stripes. Plus he is too dumb to read a defense which I knew and the Broncos smelled him for.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How about when he got hit in the end zone late in the game and he threw himself to the ground in a hissy fit. Then you could see he wanted to go full tantrum but he did his best to keep it together. Total jerk.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Just saw his presser. Embarrassing. This is why you pass on players like that no matter how talented.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
The Broncos are ripping the thug. LB Danny Travathan called him selfish, he plays for himself. Taliban ridiculed him saying he is probably tearing up in a press conference and there is no superman. They questioned his effort on the fumble and his manhood saying he didn't want it. Thug and a low class person, stealing laptops, stealing exams, trash doesn't change its stripes. Plus he is too dumb to read a defense which I knew and the Broncos smelled him for.

Taliban was making comments on Cam's play...damn didnt think they cared

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this another, "If I had a son" moments ?

GI Steeler

Reaction score
Weird, I dont remember Big Ben acting like a little baby after the Green Bay SB loss. If Cam is the "new prototype," you can keep it. LMAO. what a turd

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
How about when he got hit in the end zone late in the game and he threw himself to the ground in a hissy fit. Then you could see he wanted to go full tantrum but he did his best to keep it together. Total jerk.

That too. Based on his play in the Super Bowl " Superman " is going to get his rear end handed to him by Batman in the upcoming movie.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn...after seeing the Broncos defense embarrass the Panthers, it really makes you really appreciate what Ben and the offense did against that D.

It makes you wonder what would have happened if they called the PI on Taliban in the endzone, and didn't have to settle for the FG.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Quit being racist and blaming Cam... just because you have never seen anything like him. *sarcasm

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the bloom is off the rose with the Cam Newton media love affair. He will get ripped a lot today after that press conference debacle, reporters hate being blown off more than they hate mistakes on the field.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That D totally shut down their run game and pass game. Cam had no where to go and they beat the crap out of him. It was awesome. Cam had his worst game of the season but you can't really blame the loss on him since the entire offense was totally shut down by Denver's D.

The thing that pisses me off is we lit that D up twice. If AB or even DW would have been in our game against them, we go onto beat the Cheatriots and onto the SB. No doubt in my mind. If Buttfurk doesn't get taken out by the football gods, something will.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That D totally shut down their run game and pass game. Cam had no where to go and they beat the crap out of him. It was awesome. Cam had his worst game of the season but you can't really blame the loss on him since the entire offense was totally shut down by Denver's D.

The thing that pisses me off is we lit that D up twice. If AB or even DW would have been in our game against them, we go onto beat the Cheatriots and onto the SB. No doubt in my mind. If Buttfurk doesn't get taken out by the football gods, something will.

We definately beat the cheaters and broncos then caralina, as a healthy team. SOME here were happy not to play the cheatrers as they didn't think we would win and wanted to not have huirt feelings. **** that, we would have kicked *** if healthy.

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Harris said the Broncos dared Newton to beat them through the air and knew he couldn't do it. He said they played Brady twice and Ben twice and Newton was not in their league.

First of all, I was WRONG. I predicted Carolina by 20 and that was waaaay off...

Your statement, Clete, is absolutely true. Cam was frazzled and rattled by the D all day and his performance showed it. It didn't help that his OL looked worse than the *'s as well.

There was MUCH DISCUSSION about Cam's effort to recovery his own fumble in my house last night - overall, Cam, who, I thought was a good role model for the youth of America, he showed that he, too, is still too young to be on the big stage AFTER A LOSS. His demeanor and antics during the interviews after the game was very embarrassing - to me even...

Hopefully he learns from this and, I hope, the Panthers can make it back to the playoffs next year. One thing Cam must learn is that "you cannot win everything - sometimes you're going to lose"...

Chicoman

Reaction score
Cam Newton is a great athlete and a good QB but last night in that game with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd QTR he proved without a question of doubt the one thing he is not at this point in his career and that is a team leader! After being forced to punt Newton can be seen walking frustrated down the sideline away from his teammates and coaches. A good leader regardless of the situation should have been with his offense trying to motivate them and talk them up. Instead he showed us that his leadership skills are just not there. This game was lost for the Panthers at that point. It was all up to their defense and they almost did it but IMO the Super Bowl ended with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd QTR.

After the game he showed how much of an *** he was acting like a thug gangsta in defeat with his Bellichick-Eqsue press conference...one word answers and not being gracious in defeat was completely uncalled for. A team leader should lead by example and be humble in defeat and yet the kid sat there defiant like a scolded teenager who was being questioned by his parents. Classless to the end! Cam Newton will never be a great QB with that attitude.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
I think it was a lack of maturity just as much as it was being a jerk. If you look at his mini-tantrums (TV showed one in his own end zone, and one on the sidelines), you have to wonder why he's acting like a 3 year-old. I think when he grows up a little and becomes a man, he'll be fine. Then again, some guys never grow up, so only time will tell.