• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If the fix is in...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers will win this weekend and the calls will go the Steeler's way.

The highest rated game this year is PIT NE. The NFL wants desperately for this rematch to destroy the ratings.

If you think the NFL is aiding the Pats to get to the AFCC game, then you also have to recognize, that they will also aid the Steelers.

Steelers can't lose this weekend if the fix is in. Bet on it!

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think ratings are the thing or the Steelers would win the lwoB repuS every year since the Steelers lead they nfl in viewership.

The running narrative, as I perceive it, is that the nfl wants the pats***** to win to prove that spygate didn't have any effect on the SB victories.

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol this board is somethin' else

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think ratings are the thing or the Steelers would win the lwoB repuS every year since the Steelers lead they nfl in viewership.

The running narrative, as I perceive it, is that the nfl wants the pats***** to win to prove that spygate didn't have any effect on the SB victories.

The patriots have won 2 Superbowls since then. How many more does the league need to make sure they win before its safe to assume the general public accept that spywate wasnt the scandal everyone might believe it to be?

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
And if for some wild and unknown reason Mularkey, LeBeau and the Flyiing Thumbtacks pull off the upset of the century?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

The highest rated game this year is PIT NE. The NFL wants desperately for this rematch to destroy the ratings.

If you think the NFL is aiding the Pats to get to the AFCC game, then you also have to recognize, that they will also aid the Steelers.

From a follow the money angle, you are correct. BUT watch out for the ref, giving the team behind a key call.

And for that matter, the chances of New England not winning for the same reason is slim.

I'm fine with Jax next. They are a punch less offensive team, and revenge is on our mind. Let's avenge a loss, and move on to New England.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The patriots have won 2 Superbowls since then. How many more does the league need to make sure they win before its safe to assume the general public accept that spywate wasnt the scandal everyone might believe it to be?

Still stroking that cheat legitimacy.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
the steelers will win this weekend and the calls will go the steeler's way.

The highest rated game this year is pit ne. The nfl wants desperately for this rematch to destroy the ratings.

If you think the nfl is aiding the pats to get to the afcc game, then you also have to recognize, that they will also aid the steelers.

no lie dog beat it!!!! Hhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooocccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ask Goodhell and Unca Al.

Irondiesel58

Reaction score
It's time for the Patriots to lose and to lose to a team which it just cheated to win making everyone wanting the Steelers to butcher the Patriots. Besides Tue Steelers have a fan large fan base in all states. Here in N.Y. there are multiple Steelers bars and pubs. Manhattan too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a conspiracy "theorist" which means I can certainly be wrong.

But, if you look at things completely objectively - The highest rated TV game this season was the N.E. @ Pitt game. That game was decided ultimately by a non-call on a PI, but everyone remembers the controversial James overturn that Unca Al Riveron can't seem to call consistently to save his soul.

It is absolutely, from a money point of view, in the league's best interest to get a grudge game between the Steelers and P*ts. That will, should it happen, be without a doubt the highest rated playoff game short of the SB. The commercial spot money alone would be a worthwhile reason for the league to desperately WANT that matchup to occur.

Now - Did Jalen Ramsey survive the ground? Not if Unca Al slowed the film down to single frame high-def images and looked at each one individually. He undoubtedly would have seen the ball touch the ground and THEN move in Ramsey's hands. We can see that in slow-mo without the benefit of superior high-def. Yet Unca Al couldn't be bothered to overturn a call that he obviously should have caught fairly easily. Why not? I don't know. Maybe he just doesn't give a ****. Maybe he was saying "Dear God, we don't want an entire extra 15 minutes of these two incompetent offenses slogging it out cause there's a real chance this game could go for 8 hours before one of these ******* manages to score again." I don't know.

But I do know, based on his bullshit description of his ruling on the James catch, certainly the Ramsey catch and the Cooks catch earlier in the season should have been ruled incomplete following the same criteria. They were not.

Maybe he's just dumber than **** and can't remember how he rules from one game to the next? Who knows?

I do like watching the games though for obviously stupid officiating to the point of being, WTF? For example... It seems as if Marcus Mariota is physically incapable of fumbling a football. That dude is so physically, overwhelmingly talented that he can stop his physical movement in a millisecond and halt "forward progress" as the situation dictates it. So sayeth the Luckett, so sayeth the flock.

The good news is, Phil is universally a fuckup. Travis Kelce has the intellectual prowess of a rock when he's conscious. Unconscious he STILL can't lose grip on a football. That's ******* spectacular athleticism right there.

What I can say is Thank God Phil retired. Because he is nothing but a danger to himself and the rational sanity of fans when he's out there officiating. He seems to have an extremely limited grasp of the rules and his visual acuity has clearly slipped significantly. Couple that with what can only be described as a desperate need to throw in a couple of "Make up calls" and you have the ****-show that was the KC-Titans officiating debacle.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
c3b.jpg

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

I'll take the results - but, it's a shame that "BIG MONEY" is influencing the outcome of the games.

Hell, who am I kidding? This has been going on since the days of the gladiators...oh well...

Cras108er

Reaction score

Absolutely 100% agree. What folks who call us conspiracy theorists donโ€™t understand is that a โ€œfixโ€ doesnโ€™t guarantee a certain outcome, it just increases the likelihood.

There are variables that no one can control. If the Steelers come out and **** the bed, there is little anyone can do to change the outcome. However, in a competitive game, there will be opportunities to influence the outcome in one direction or the other. You better bet your sweet bippie that the NFL Machine is well aware of this potential.

I have long questioned the integrity of the game. There are just too many amazing storylines. that emerge for it to all be coincidental. But I always got hung up on how improbable it was that games could be fixed. It would require too much collusion. If it was true that games were scripted, someone would have spoken out by now. Then I realized how easy it is for the โ€œman behind the curtainโ€ (in this case Incle Al) to subtly pull levers in order to rip the balance. If done consistently and subtly enough, no one will ever know the difference - especially a bunch of rabid fans and dumb athletes.

The intent is not to favor one team over the other (the league isnโ€™t a closet Pats fan). It is to create matchups/stories that will generate the most revenue. Right now, they are actually thriving on all these bullshit calls, because fans sit around and talk about them for days afterward. Why on the world would they upset the apple cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Ain't worried about all the noise. We need a win where what the refs do can't change the outcome of the game. Georgia had Bama pinned last night and didn't finish them. Same can be said for KC v TN this weekend. We have to finish our game and not leave anything up to the refs to alter the outcome.

Cras108er

Reaction score
Ain't worried about all the noise. We need a win where what the refs do can't change the outcome of the game. Georgia had Bama pinned last night and didn't finish them. Same can be said for KC v TN this weekend. We have to finish our game and not leave anything up to the refs to alter the outcome.

Not sure why we canโ€™t seem to do that. We prefer keeping it close. Out of our 13 wins, Iโ€™d say at least 9 werenโ€™t decided until the closing moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I will say this. I believe it was a poor choice for the Steelers go to into turtle mode in the last game against the P*ts. They spent two drives just quietly trying to eat some clock and run Bell into the middle of the defense. Now, Bell (as far as I can tell) gets his best yards outside the tackles, but he does the bulk of his work inside the tackles. I can understand this. If you always run outside, you're going to have less and less success out there over time. If you feel it's a solid opportunity for you, you want to save it for when yu need it. But when you are trying to beat the ******* cheaters, you do NOT take any chances with your drive management.

Most significantly, you don't run Bell into the middle of the defense 2 out of 3 plays and just say, "Well Hell!" when you find yourself in a 3rd and long and need a big conversion. Going turtle in the 2nd half was a critical mistake and I sincerely hope they never do that against the P*ts again. If fact, I hope every team in the league makes it their sole mission for the next 30 years to destroy the cheaters by no less than 31 pts every time they play them just to remind them that cheating is frowned upon in the league.