• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Well. . . kinda what I was expecting today.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Jones played OK. He showed flashes of being a real QB and then he still looked like a rookie out there. The 4th quarter was cringe worthy. No desperation, floated too many balls and threw just some bad ones, as well.

Our D basically played the same way. There were some good stops , but forgot to cover Gronk. Blount and Brady also gauged the D.

Like I said, the outcome is what I was expecting, but the boys were in it and would have, could have, but didn't pull it out.

Bye weeks suck!

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
he could have run it a few times with open field in front of him, but didn't. Very frustrating!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
We didn't get our ***** kicked as badly as I expected. Defense played better than I expected.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
very true. I was expecting an *** kicking, but they really were in it. Not making excuses, but if we had Ben and Hayward, I think we may be singing a different tune right now.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
It was a very winnable game .We had all day to throw and he just choked up some in the 4th. We need to get healthy in a bad way and stay that way. We need Dupree back before seasons end and hopefully that frigging TE who hasn't played a down yet.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
he could have run it a few times with open field in front of him, but didn't. Very frustrating!

This^^^^^^^^ seems like he was preoccupied with making throws that weren't there and prove his critics wrong.

I said it in the thread I started: If Ben was playing we STEAMROLL these guys. The Pats are very beatable and when the steelers get players back...look out.

chipped ham

Reaction score
This game, with who was out there, was there for the taking. Jones, while he played better than I would have expected, missed on too many throws, his receivers didn't bail him out when they had the opportunities. Especially at the end of the half when it looked like Brown ran the wrong route. Ben plays this game, I think it's a lot different. At the very least, they left 10 points on the field.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
I was as happy with a loss as I've ever been. It was a good game. Landry Jones looked like a below average quarterback, which was better than I expected. He actually made some throws. Bell was great. Hamilton made some nice plays. The defense held them under 50. Timmons did a pretty good job of tackling the wide receiver he inexplicably had to cover about 15 times. I really expected to go winless without Ben, but we might be capable of a win or two without him. Not the next two games, of course, but maybe at Cleveland.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Gronk, 4 for 93 and a touchdown.

James, 2 for 18.

WHO was nullified?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

James, 2 for 18.

WHO was nullified?

This team still needs a SS

and a pass rusher...

and a new OLBer coach

and a new secondary coach

and possibly a new D coach.......

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

James, 2 for 18.

WHO was nullified?

That was mainly on one big chunk. The D played their TE's probably better than anyone has all year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
That was mainly on one big chunk. The D played their TE's probably better than anyone has all year.

Patriots had some drop balls.... some parts of the D soso, but still not good enough.

The run D was leaky and Golden had a bad game..............

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
I was surprised that Landry had all the time in the world, and still couldn't find open receivers.

Which begs the question, why is Ben seemingly always under siege?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
I was surprised that Landry had all the time in the world, and still couldn't find open receivers.

That's why he had all that time,the Patriots were dropping extra people early while still holding their run lanes. They were challenging Jones to beat them and he almost did.

Say what you want about the Pats but, they are always disciplined on both sides of the ball.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

James, 2 for 18.

WHO was nullified?

Gronk didn't have a big game like his stats indicate. Most of the pasties offense was Blount running through, and Brady dinking and dunking. Brady would go for the big play when he knew the defense would commit up front. Gronk and Bennet although had catches were held in check. The cheats could've scored more td's if Brady had his TE's open

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Gronk could have scored twice. He gave up on his second long catch. He could have pushed in if he's wanted it.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers showed some heart after falling behind 14-0, and kept it closer than I expected. Although it was the Patriots stopping themselves, really, with a fumble and two dropped first down passes on their other three early possessions.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
I told my Boot Camp coach on Saturday (he's a huge Steelers fan) that if we scored 3, I'd be happy. Anything more than 3 is a miracle. Well, I guess it was a miracle. Landry should NOT get all the blame for this loss. He hung in there. One thing I see about him is that he doesn't rally the players like Ben does. I don't see a lot of sideline chatter like you do with Ben. I wonder if that plays a part in it.

In any case, I expected a blowout and it didn't happen. And Brady didn't look as all-world as the announcers would have you believe.

bmoritz

Reaction score
This team still needs a SS

and a pass rusher...

and a new OLBer coach

and a new secondary coach

and possibly a new D coach.......

None of it will really matter without a new head coach. Just saying. They've switched everything you've listed, and the defensive showing continues to decline.