• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Harrison Releases Statement via Instagram

Slash#10

Reaction score
Wish Harrison all the best! He is a self-made future HOF. Keith Butler and Mike Tomlin made the appropriate call to get younger at the OLB position and develop it's talent. Harrison was an insurance policy and the fact they haven't have to put in a claim is a good sign.

Good luck Debo finishing off your career. Nobody can erase the contributions he made while wearing the black and gold.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said, Harrison gives me 1 thing to feel some positivity for regarding the cheaters.

I just sincerely hope Rogers doesn't try to run a crossing pattern in front of Harrison.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah.

I suspect he signed with the Cheatriots as a big **** you to the Steelers. What I am not sure of is if this is the standard dick move on Belicheats part where he signs a player from an opponent and then brooms them after the matchup. Harrison is a nonperson to me now, I don't wish him I'll but I don't wish him good things.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it's a difficult situation as a fan, especially when Deebo was all we hoped for from an OLB in a Steelers uniform, most especially that pick 6 that helped us win 6.
but, moving forward, couldn't give one **** less about him at this juncture. Had he signed with essentially any other playoff caliber team, I'd not feel such disgust.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He said pretty much what I suspected.

Where are all the folks who were cheering about him making his kids return their "participation trophies". What... when the participation trophy may be an AFCC trophy or a SB Trophy it's different? If the guy has principles, let him have them. If they had no intention of playing him, they should have released him earlier in the season. Simple as that. James Harrison is not an "insurance policy". They can sign a dude of the coach for that. And as we see, they have.

I got no ill will. I hate that he signed with the cheaters. It cheapens him considerably, but if they give him a chance to compete... what are you gonna do?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm irritated with what Harrison did, even with his explanation. I won't fault the guy for wanting to play, though, especially when he doesn't have much time left. For the rest of this year, he is on the Patriots, so I hope that he doesn't have any individual or team success. If he signs elsewhere next year or retires, I have no ill will toward him. He's one of the greatest Steelers defensive players ever and has one of the biggest plays in team history.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And you KNOW they're gonna call holding now on that infamous "neck wrangle" everyone has to do on him.

******* sucks.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
A Steeler Legend. While James left on a sour note, I for one hope he can reconcile with the organization after his playing days are over.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I more believed Deebo’s side of the story all along. I hope he does well but I don’t want them to beat us or win the SB either. Guy just wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
He has right to his opinion and frankly it doesnt sound too far from the truth. Thing is he only alludes to his behaviour. Tomlin like many coaches string people a long some. You really have no idea how the season will shape out. In my opinion they could have alternated between Moats and Harrison sitting. I know Moats plays some specials but when was the last time you went wow what a sp. Teams play by Moats. Then you might realize James had value as a closer when there is no disgiuse. Pin your eaes back and bring it.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly as I imagined. No one is the villain here, they both did what they needed to do. I wish it wasn't the Patriots but so be it.

And frankly, Bud Dupree needs to shut the hell up, he can't hold 92's jock. James is due at least some modicum of respect for the years of contributions to this team.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I more believed Debo’s side of the story all along. I hope he does well but I don’t want them to beat us or win the SB either. Guy just wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Notice he went to TJ not Bud in his explanation?

And see how many times he went to talk to the coaches? that is being a malcontent

asking this and that over and over again

for him to think at his age he will get a starter gig is unreasonable, he was still under contract and being paid

and again he still acted like a ***

the backlash he has read and then responded to doesn't sway me from knowing

he is a *******

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly as I imagined. No one is the villain here, they both did what they needed to do. I wish it wasn't the Patriots but so be it.

And frankly, Bud Dupree needs to shut the hell up, he can't hold 92's jock. James is due at least some modicum of respect for the years of contributions to this team.

you want so hard to be right

sorry Deebo is a tool

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can imagine Deebo trying to mentor Dupree.

Deebo: Um, Bud, that run around the tackle move is sweet, but you're kinda putting yourself outta the play man.

Bud: **** man! I'm the fuggin' FLASH. I be like by him an **** before he even know I'm comin'.

Deebo: Sure. But let me show you this swim move. Then you can go inside and drive right to the QB or Running back.

Bud: You ******* kidding Granpa? If I go inside, I lose contain! And that big *** tackle aint gonna fall for no weak-*** swim move.

Deebo: Ya, you need to hit the weights and you need to bring some power with the inside swim. But if you use this move now and then it will make your outside move more effective.

Bud: What if I fake the swim and cut outside and go around the tackle?

Deebo: Uh, that's just the same move you're already doing every time.

Bud: Cool. We cool.

Deebo: Whatever Bud.

Bud: Yo, TJ. You see that crazy old man talking about going swimming instead of rushin' the QB? Man, he just don' give a damn no more.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
IMHO if it doesnt end with him making a big play against the steelers or him looking real good and them winning a SB it is what it is. But if those things happen Tomlin will look like an utter clown.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

I'd rather Dupree learn a bit as he low awareness on the field. Current players need to keep internal matters in house.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck James, I wish you the very best and support your decision. If all the stories are true, I would have hoped you would have handled them differently, but I would have probably done the same thing

mdk2

Reaction score
I can imagine Deebo trying to mentor Dupree.

Deebo: Um, Bud, that run around the tackle move is sweet, but you're kinda putting yourself outta the play man.

Bud: **** man! I'm the fuggin' FLASH. I be like by him an **** before he even know I'm comin'.

Deebo: Sure. But let me show you this swim move. Then you can go inside and drive right to the QB or Running back.

Bud: You ******* kidding Granpa? If I go inside, I lose contain! And that big *** tackle aint gonna fall for no weak-*** swim move.

Deebo: Ya, you need to hit the weights and you need to bring some power with the inside swim. But if you use this move now and then it will make your outside move more effective.

Bud: What if I fake the swim and cut outside and go around the tackle?

Deebo: Uh, that's just the same move you're already doing every time.

Bud: Cool. We cool.

Deebo: Whatever Bud.

Bud: Yo, TJ. You see that crazy old man talking about going swimming instead of rushin' the QB? Man, he just don' give a damn no more.

Haha I think it probably is something similar to this. It seems like Chickillo and Bud just had problems with James for more than just skipping meetings and all the other stuff.