• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just wow!!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Never thought I would read this about a Steeler team....

Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown have joined the 2000 Indianapolis Colts as the only NFL teams to have a 4,400-yard passer, 1,400-yard receiver and 1,200-yard rusher. Brown is the fourth player (fifth occasion) to have consecutive 110-plus catch seasons.

Special season offensively kids...

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Ben Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown have joined the 2000 Indianapolis Colts as the only NFL teams to have a 4,400-yard passer, 1,400-yard receiver and 1,200-yard rusher. Brown is the fourth player (fifth occasion) to have consecutive 110-plus catch seasons.

and they will only be adding to there stats, but i'm sure they would/will trade all that in for a chance at a SB victory...Lets get it done Killer B's. :)

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

The defense does nothing spectacular and really needs an overhaul; but, you're right, the offense is performing ABOVE THE LINE this year.

Anyone feel the sarcasm in my post???

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Brown is bar none the best WR in football. Ben is always a top 5 all around QB, and Bell is probably the best all around RB. Bryant may develop into a top 5 deep threat. he already is top 20 as a rookie. Heath is one of the best if not the best all around te's in the game, and the line has shown tons of improvement under Munch. they are a backup backup rb and one real beast of a linemean from potentially being one of the best O's all time, IMO. next two years should be fun. Hope we get a new secondary to go with that O....

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Brown is bar none the best WR in football. Ben is always a top 5 all around QB, and Bell is probably the best all around RB. Bryant may develop into a top 5 deep threat. he already is top 20 as a rookie. Heath is one of the best if not the best all around te's in the game, and the line has shown tons of improvement under Munch. they are a backup backup rb and one real beast of a linemean from potentially being one of the best O's all time, IMO. next two years should be fun. Hope we get a new secondary to go with that O....

I'd like to see a good pass rush and at least a decent CB and Safety tandem. Can't complete passes if you put 'em on their *****.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score

The 2000 Indianapolis Colts finished 10-6 and were one and done in the playoffs, losing to the Dolphins in the Wild Card round. Just saying.

Supersteeler

Reaction score

I agree with all that, but I am going to say this even though Steeler fans don't want to believe it because he is by far the most universally loved Steeler player, but you have to know that Heath is on his last legs. He still has great hands and can get open when the defense completely ignores him, which they still do sometimes, but lets face it, he is slow as molasses and is going to continue to get slower. They need a contingency plan because his days a definitely numbered and I don't think Matt Spaeth is going to scare anyone down field. I wouldn't be surprised if they selected a fleet footed pass catching TE in the early rounds of the draft, if one is available.

I don't think TE's like Heath exist any more that can block and catch equally well. They are either glorified offensive tackles who can't run and catch or glorified WR's who can't block, so you have to pick your poison. Defense is obviously a priority but it has to be a consideration at some point. Heath has another productive year or two in him but that's about it. All things being equal you still have to look to the defensive backfield first but if the value of the TE in question is much greater then they may do it.

Last edited:

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The 2000 Indianapolis Colts finished 10-6 and were one and done in the playoffs, losing to the Dolphins in the Wild Card round. Just saying.

The 2000 Colts had a very crappy def...er...nevermind;)

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The problem with these stats is that they have had some exceptional games, but **** the bed in others. The last few weeks they have been pretty consistent, so hopefully they turned the corner. The Chiefs D will be a good test for them.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Offense - above the line
Defense - below the line

obviously

but they all carry a pedigree

obviously

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes the Offense is kicking *** this season....Bell, Ben and Brown are awesome. Miller is solid as always and Bryant has shown some flashes...but still needs to make the tough catches

STEELERS R GR8

Reaction score
This offense is very special and if we make the playoffs and want to go deep in the playoffs they are going to have to keep it up. We are really going to be leaning hard on these killer B's and they have the talent to carry the load. Fun bunch to watch and it don't stop with these 3 guys Miller is so clutch and kudos to the line, they have really stepped up and jelled this year. Bring on KC and let's give them a little pay back for last year.......

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
For the first time since opening day I am really excited about an NFL game. Primarily it is because we can clinch a playoff spot with a win, no waiting on some shitstain team on the west coast to help us get in. But it is also because our O can totally **** up a defense. I would absolutely love to see us drop 40 plus on KC and again on Cinci. Lets go, lets show the bunch of NE ballsack slurping losers that Denver is not the only team that can knock of the *pats.