• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Next years schedule.

Wingman

Reaction score
Next years schedule.

The Steelers 2015 opponents include the usual AFC North teams,

The Steelers 2015 opponents are now finalized with the regular season over.

At home the Steelers will have their normal AFC North matchups against the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. The Steelers will also host the Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

On the road the Steelers will take on AFC North rivals Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. The team will have some long road trips against the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams.

I post this not because I am advocating worrying about it now but because it looks very tough. Lots of long distance traveling that the team has always seemed to have trouble with. Also this year might be the best chance for a championship in the near future as the short week and the bye schedule could really be huge next season as well. I hope the team sees this and decides to go all in for this year and not to think we can do better next year. The road games are not just long trips but also some difficult places to play.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Next years schedule.

The Steelers 2015 opponents include the usual AFC North teams,

The Steelers 2015 opponents are now finalized with the regular season over.

At home the Steelers will have their normal AFC North matchups against the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. The Steelers will also host the Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

On the road the Steelers will take on AFC North rivals Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. The team will have some long road trips against the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams.

I post this not because I am advocating worrying about it now but because it looks very tough. Lots of long distance traveling that the team has always seemed to have trouble with. Also this year might be the best chance for a championship in the near future as the short week and the bye schedule could really be huge next season as well. I hope the team sees this and decides to go all in for this year and not to think we can do better next year. The road games are not just long trips but also some difficult places to play.

I'm pretty sure not one player even knows about there schedule next year....why would they?

Wingman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure not one player even knows about there schedule next year....why would they?
With all that info on the mobile devices I'll bet they know. They also have friends and family that likely talk about it as well. Since cool shades made the comments about his attire you can bet these guys likely read about things like that no matter what they say.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
You have it right on who we play, but I'm pretty sure the 6 AFC non divisional matchups locations aren't determined yet.

Wingman

Reaction score
You have it right on who we play, but I'm pretty sure the 6 AFC non divisional matchups locations aren't determined yet.

The source was steelers.com teams official web site, I am thinking they have the inside track on info. Dates are not set but they did have home and away listed.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
The opponents are deterimined. Since the 8 division realignment in 2002, the nfl follows a formula to make up the schedule.

6 games vs your division
4 games vs an entire division in nfc (rotates '14 south '15 west, '16 east, '17 north)
4 games vs an entire division in afc (rotates '14 south, '15 west, '16 east)
2 games vs teams in your conference that finished in the same place as you did ('14 kc and jets (3rd place) and '15 NE and IND(1st place))
So that is how they get the 16 game schedule for all teams.

As far as when you play teams, when your bye week is, Thursday nighters , Monday nighters, or holiday/special games, that is done by Roger Goddell, Condolezza Rice, Pope Francis, a Voodoo witch doctor, and Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick in an undisclosed underground bunker in South Dakota on the night of the last full moon before the vernal equinox.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
We'll show up for em all.........respect everyone, fear none !!!

As long as we got gas and this engine cranks, WE'LL RIDE !!!!

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
It is what it is and that schedule is absolutely brutal. Better make a run now....lol.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Brown vs. Sherman

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Things change so quickly in the NFL though, I wouldn't be surprised if our schedule turns out to be not so bad by the time the games are played.

deljzc

Reaction score
I already predicted a 9-7 record for next year and I'm sticking to that.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

The only surefire losses on that schedule are Oakland and St Louis... maybe a san fran, though they will probably have a good record next year.... and probably a Cleveland... :)

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally a schedule with all good teams. We should go 15-1 losing to Oakland...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The opponents are deterimined. Since the 8 division realignment in 2002, the nfl follows a formula to make up the schedule.

6 games vs your division
4 games vs an entire division in nfc (rotates '14 south '15 west, '16 east, '17 north)
2 games vs teams in your conference that finished in the same place as you did ('14 kc and jets (3rd place) and '15 NE and IND(1st place))

As far as when you play teams, when your bye week is, Thursday nighters , Monday nighters, or holiday/special games, that is done by Roger Goddell, Condolezza Rice, Pope Francis, a Voodoo witch doctor, and Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick in an undisclosed underground bunker in South Dakota on the night of the last full moon before the vernal equinox.

Southdakotasteel, will be busy in his bunker, too!!!!!!!

deljzc, you now have a reputation to defend for season win / loss, you might want to rethink that bid.......

Salute the nation

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score

6 games vs your division

Ya I know that, but how are the home/away set for the NE, IND, Den, KC, Oak, SD games set? It cant just rotate. If it did, we would go to NE, Ind, KC i think.

steelcan58

Reaction score
Go "all in this year"? As opposed to seeing an easy schedule and waiting until next year? C'mon man!

spencelisberger13

Reaction score
thinking about going to that Seattle game that shudd be an absolute battle!!!! Big Ben vs their D and specifically #84 vs #25 and Martavius vs their entire D. Us the defending superbowl champs vs the former champs wudd be EPIC!!!

thumbring

Reaction score
How did they get all those teams on the road? Just brutal.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
With all that info on the mobile devices I'll bet they know. They also have friends and family that likely talk about it as well. Since cool shades made the comments about his attire you can bet these guys likely read about things like that no matter what they say.

Well that might be..i still would have to go a long with my first post on the subject. Again. they just made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and you are thinking they will come together with each other and say...hey let's play extra hard because next season our schedule is really tough......Doubt it. Personally I hope this isn't the case.

awboatguy

Reaction score
"On the road the Steelers will take on AFC North rivals Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. The team will have some long road trips against the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams."

Division games are somewhat predictable, but KC, New England, Seattle, anD St Louis will be tough places to visit. All very tough stadiums/domes with great fan participation.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
Ya I know that, but how are the home/away set for the NE, IND, Den, KC, Oak, SD games set? It cant just rotate. If it did, we would go to NE, Ind, KC i think.

My understanding is that its a home/away rotation when playing an intraconference division. So in three years when we play the AFC south again, we will travel to Indy and Houston, while Jax and Ten visit the burgh.

As far as "same place" games within your conference this year that was 3rd place KC at home and 3rd place Jets on the road. My understanding is the next year we play the AFC south we will travel to the West team and the team from the east will come to us.

They did add this caveat in 2010 after the original formula made one complete cycle.

Under the original 2002 formula, half of the teams scheduled to play all the AFC West clubs had to travel to both Oakland and San Diego in the same season, while half of the clubs playing the NFC West had to make their way to both San Francisco and Seattle. In years in which a division was scheduled to play both AFC and NFC West teams, two clubs (such as the New England Patriots and New York Jets in 2008) each had to make cross-country trips to all four of the aforementioned west coast teams.

As a result, after all of the teams had cycled through playing against each other both home and away by the end of the 2009 season, the NFL tweaked the pairings to relieve teams from having to travel to the west coast more than twice in a season. Under the modifications implemented in 2010, clubs now only have to travel to play one team based on the west coast (either Oakland or San Diego) in years they play the teams in the AFC West, and only one such team (either San Francisco or Seattle) in years they play the NFC West.[7]

This ensures that each team in your conference comes to your stadium at least once every six years, and every team in the league every 8.

Last edited: