• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ravens Release Mt Cody for Channeling Inner Mike Vick

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/23/7878407/terrence-cody-animal-cruelty-ravens-release

"When news broke earlier this week that the Baltimore Ravens planned to release defensive tackle Terrence Cody following the Super Bowl, many wondered why they would bother cutting him when his contract was already set to expire at the end of the league year.

We may have our answer: Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun reports that Cody is under police investigation for animal cruelty. Cody has not been formally charged and the details are unknown, though Wilson did say that the possible crime involves dogs.

The Ravens were likely already willing to part ways with their former second-round pick, who was limited by injuries to just one game in 2014 after signing a one-year deal last offseason. If the Ravens, who just finished with the Ray Rice debacle, were aware of the investigation, it makes perfect sense that they decided to go ahead and jettison Cody to avoid being caught up in yet another scandal.

In 65 career games in Baltimore, Cody had 87 combined tackles and never recorded a sack."

His contract ran out and was likely gone anyway, but it will be extremely tough for him to find a team now. We aren't the only ones with 2nd round busts.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Good ole Mt. Cody. So many on this board really thought we need to draft King Man Boobs.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I just saw that his agent said the dog died from worms and there was no cruelty involved whatsoever. A media jump to conclusions or a cover up by his camp?

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the stains might release Phil Taylor. Only mention as they both are NT's . . .

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just saw that his agent said the dog died from worms and there was no cruelty involved whatsoever. A media jump to conclusions or a cover up by his camp?

Still cruelty. Do you know how long a sick dog takes to die from worms? I suspect this guy could afford to take the animal to the vet.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Unless there is a video tape of the incident, I don't understand what happened.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Still cruelty. Do you know how long a sick dog takes to die from worms? I suspect this guy could afford to take the animal to the vet.

Maybe so then. I was assuming that it was something undetected.

Wingman

Reaction score

If the dog had heart worms he may not have know it, they are not like the normal intestinal variety.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I should have read the whole thread before responding. DBS, you're basing your comment on pure speculation. See Wingman's comment below - I actually lived that scenario and it still bothers my family to this day...
If the dog had heart worms he may not have know it, they are not like the normal intestinal variety.

My second rotti died like this - it was terrible. One day she was fine, at least to the normal pet owner, the next day she wouldn't eat - when we woke up on day three - she didn't. Died in her sleep. I've told this story here before...Still makes me sad.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I wouldnt be too quick to compare the torture Vick did to those dogs to Cody until we hear the details. It could be that it just got sick and wasn't detected soon enough. Rather hear more details before making a judgement of the man.

Chiba

Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/23/7878407/terrence-cody-animal-cruelty-ravens-release

His contract ran out and was likely gone anyway, but it will be extremely tough for him to find a team now. We aren't the only ones with 2nd round busts.

But at least this way, if / when another teams signs him, the Ravens don't get any compensatory draft pick consideration for him. He was probably at or near minimum in value for another team signing him, so there would probably have been no compensatory pick anyway, but you never know ...

Wingman

Reaction score
Isn't there a vaccine for heartworm?
It or oral medication is administered monthly. Heart worms are transmitted by mosquitoes, and both horses and dogs are susceptible. Folks that live in warmer climates are at risk all year, folks in the northern areas just during the times mosquitoes are active.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
People who are cruel to dogs should be reincarnated as a fire hydrant or your worst neighbors front lawn.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't there a vaccine for heartworm?

There is Rod but it is a lengthy administration of a poison to kill the parasite and the dog is subjected to a lot of pain and a long period of isolation. We had a pup we picked up at a shelter diagnosed with heart worms and he lived almost two years before I put him down. We just couldn't bare to put him through the treatments and they don't guarantee that they will even work.