• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

Stoney

Reaction score
Talk about "old, slow, and done". He's is a turnover machine, never won anything with any team he's been on, and looks plain disinterested when he's on the field. I'd rather see them bring Tyler Murphy back and give him the ball at QB, at least we'll have speed and effort, while giving the kid some time in live play. Or go out and get someone that can get the ball to Brown, something Vick can't do.

**of course, all this is contingent on the extend of Ben's injury. But either way, Vick should be cut.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
It's really too bad you feel that way. Because he's what we have right now and that's probably not gonna change. Just out of curiosity, who would you have them bring in that is so much better? Tyler Murphy doesn't count as he's never even taken a regular season snap and unless it's a trick play, probably never will.

Vader

Reaction score
Vick isn't the Vick of years ago. He's not a runner anymore and his ball security sucks. I'm sure he can still throw long but you can't rely on that. The defense needs to step up because the offense isn't going to score a lot of points with Vick on the field.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And this is based on what??? Can we at least get a week of practice with the starters before we start proclaiming anything. I suggest we lean more on the running game. To expect Vick to be Ben would be crazy.

Stoney

Reaction score
Its not just how I feel, its plain for anyone to see. Tyler Murphy with no experience is better than what Vick is showing us when he is in there.

Work Matt Flynn, Rex Grossman, or do what Dallas did and trade for someone cheap who might be able to run the offense with Bell and Williams carrying the load (Jake Locker?). We need someone that at least threatens to get the ball to our receivers. Vick looks slow, lazy, and lost. And Jones just doesn't have the talent.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
and the million dollar question, who would you bring in Mr. Colbert?

Depends on if Ben is going to miss a few games. I'm okay with Vick as the back up even though I can't stand the man. Once Bryant comes back Vicks deep ball will be a factor. In addition Gilbert is now the blind side protector. Beachum has been below par lately.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I saw no where enough to make a judgement on anything. Give me a week of practice.

Vader

Reaction score
And this is based on what??? Can we at least get a week of practice with the starters before we start proclaiming anything. I suggest we lean more on the running game. To expect Vick to be Ben would be crazy.

Vick has had ONE season where he was 60% passing. In 2014 he had 53% comp. with 3 TDs, 2 picks and 3 fumbles. He had a 21.4 QBR and a 68.3 passer rating.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Face it, Vick is our QB for the moment. Spin him up and get prepared for Baltimore. More emphasis on the run game now........

Agreed. Vick is better than Landry Jones. We can win a game or two with Vick.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Vick didn't even have time to drop back. The offensive line crumbled like a cookie after the first two drives. Gonna have to establish a running game and go from there.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Vick is better than Jones, but that says what? Id rather fall into a mudpit than a shitpile, but that doesn't mean I want to fall into mud...

More to the point Ben will not be active for weeks... the steelers must cut someone to bring in a coveted 3rd QB... Archer ought to be done here

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Its not just how I feel, its plain for anyone to see. Tyler Murphy with no experience is better than what Vick is showing us when he is in there.

Work Matt Flynn, Rex Grossman, or do what Dallas did and trade for someone cheap who might be able to run the offense with Bell and Williams carrying the load (Jake Locker?). We need someone that at least threatens to get the ball to our receivers. Vick looks slow, lazy, and lost. And Jones just doesn't have the talent.

You wanna see what Murphy does when a defense throws him an exotic look ? Hes taken 0 snaps in an NFL game. Vick can manage a game. Landry cant...Murphy would be a disasters in 4 quarters. You don't want to see how bad that gets.....you really don't.

Lets wait and see what the damage is on Ben before we start tapping the waiver line or make trades. Vick will perform better Thursday night im sure of it. He knows its on him so Haley will tailor a gameplan

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Vick has had ONE season where he was 60% passing. In 2014 he had 53% comp. with 3 TDs, 2 picks and 3 fumbles. He had a 21.4 QBR and a 68.3 passer rating.

And that means absolutely nothing. He also has never been on a team with these weapons. Ride Bell and go from there

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
On one hand, this is why Vick was signed. For moments like this one. He was signed to win games if Ben goes down. Well, here we are. This will give all the haters a loud voice if he fails. They will come out of the woodwork now. Actually, they have already started.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
***** and moan all you want, he is our QB. Who else is there? Gradkowski is hurt. Jones sucks and Batch is too far into retirement. Haley better learn to have Vick roll out and use his legs at times.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Vick cannot read a defense and go through progressions quickly and teams will just blitz his old *** off. He was unpreoared fir the game today just like he admitted he was last year for the Jets, season is done if he has to play more than 2 games.

**** it....lets just got with Landry then....if you have no confidence in Vick. lets roll with Landry who knows the playbook over anybody we could bring in. Landry Jones, right ?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like Vick personally or as a QB, but we have a whole hell of a lot of offensive talent on this team so if anyone can overcome this it should be us.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Haley will alter the game plan to better suit Vick. Heath is gonna be his best friend the next few weeks. Antonio and he need to get some chemistry established...in a couple weeks things will look decent. Bell and the Oline especially need to step up....We can get thru this as long as we are near .500 by midseason

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
On one hand, this is why Vick was signed. For moments like this one. He was signed to win games if Ben goes down. Well, here we are. This will give all the haters a loud voice if he fails. They will come out of the woodwork now. Actually, they have already started.

He was signed because Jones is no where NEAR ready to wins games for us.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Vick will have reps with the first team for three days to get prepared. I'm confident he will look a lot better come Thursday night.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Landry sucks but he can at least throw timing patterns tp Antonio and get the ball out on time. Brown caught 10 passes today with Ben and then immediately was a non factor and should have been picked on a bad late read from Vick. He sucks and our offense is now shot if he is the QB.

Is this all you do? Cry in every post.

Steelz

Reaction score
Vick will have reps with the first team for three days to get prepared. I'm confident he will look a lot better come Thursday night.
Less than that.. Teams are mandatory off the day after a game and typically don't practice the day before a game. It's going to be a tough game no doubt.