Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L. Green......should the Steelers cut ties ?

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    green(and everybody else in the nfl) know all about concussions, yet the vast majority thinks its worth the risk . the steelers arent the one forcing him to play, its all on green.
    green either doesnt care about his health or cares just enough to get next years money and then he will become 'dizzy' or get 'sinus headaches' for the rest of the season.
    he really pulled one over on the steelers

I'm NOT so sure of your accountability in saying he pulled one over on the STEELERS. Sure, to the armature fan on the OUTSIDE looking in, this would seem the case. But use common sense here, with the millions $$$$ involved don't you think our high dollar medical staff thoroughly checked him out. He didn't just "fake" his way through to get the money. I'm sure the STEELERS took an educated risk and made the offer. Did I think the risk turned out badly, hell yes but to just think LG just bluffed his way to millions$$$$ is ludicrous.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    This guy's brain is a soup sandwich. If the Steelers allow him to take the field ever again, they are doing him a great disservice and will have some culpability for whatever permanent damage that may happen to occur.

We definitely could use a TE that can stretch the filed, every team could, but that doesn't mean you should risk turning a guy into a zombie. Draft Howard, or the kid from Clemson, Green is not the last great TE to play in the NFL.
    That's the scary thing, the fact that Green knows the risk, but probably with all the concussions his brain just doesn't comprehend. I'm sure there are some rules in the contract that saves face for the Steelers if something like a lawsuit were to pop up. As a fan, my word to Green would be you collected your money last season, go live your life now while you can. This guy is just a few hits away from being in space permanently

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I'm NOT so sure of your accountability in saying he pulled one over on the STEELERS. Sure, to the armature fan on the OUTSIDE looking in, this would seem the case. But use common sense here, with the millions $$$$ involved don't you think our high dollar medical staff thoroughly checked him out. He didn't just "fake" his way through to get the money. I'm sure the STEELERS took an educated risk and made the offer. Did I think the risk turned out badly, hell yes but to just think LG just bluffed his way to millions$$$$ is ludicrous.

Salute the nation
    seems funny that san diego had zero interest in bringing him back even tho they had an aging gates and green is supposedly a serious mismatch. san diego knows how to use a stud TE but they let him walk away.
    there was plenty of talk of green's concussions while he was rehabbing(much longer than it was suppose to be) his ankle. reports were that green may never play and is considering retirement. where do you think this all came from?
    green disputed that and said he had no concussion issues, just 'sinus headaches'. i am sure greem lied to get his big payday. i dont blame him either. the team dropped the ball on this one. i'll be shocked if green plays 50% this year, if that

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    seems funny that san diego had zero interest in bringing him back even tho they had an aging gates and green is supposedly a serious mismatch. san diego knows how to use a stud TE but they let him walk away.
    there was plenty of talk of green's concussions while he was rehabbing(much longer than it was suppose to be) his ankle. reports were that green may never play and is considering retirement. where do you think this all came from?
    green disputed that and said he had no concussion issues, just 'sinus headaches'. i am sure greem lied to get his big payday. i dont blame him either. the team dropped the ball on this one. i'll be shocked if green plays 50% this year, if that

I don't dispute most of what you are saying but the STEELERS knew the risk. Green isn't the first and won't be the last as to lying about how well they are doing.....injury / concussion / etc. wise. I'd venture to say Greens input was less than 25% of the makeup of decision. The STEELERS based their decision on medical / experienced Doctor input / experience / and yes a small percentage of how you feeling from Green. They took a risk of need vs product, the risk didn't work out. I repeat, the STEELERS took a educated risk, it didn't pan out. Green didn't just bluff his way through this. There was a normal examination to have a base to compare to a concussed examination. This allows the protocol to establish a start and a progress evaluation of said concussionee. The Chargers had this evaluation and I'm sure the base evaluation showed good signs. Do you think the Chargers where in on this too?? Why did they cut him, maybe they decided to go other directions and maybe they did decide it was to high a risk. Hind sight says you can't blame them. No in the very short time Green was on the field, you got to see his stretch and play ability. If the STEELERS could have gotten a 60% play time out of him, especially through out the play offs, well I think we'd have climbed that stairway to seven. (You get my drift). So to recap, GREEN didn't just "bluff" his way through this as there are to many check and balances for that.

Salute the nation

I would have IR'd him right after that last concussion. The Outlaw is good enough and we can draft a TE in the mid rounds. Injury settlement and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    I would have IR'd him right after that last concussion. The Outlaw is good enough and we can draft a TE in the mid rounds. Injury settlement and move on.

At this point it wouldn't be such a bad IDEA to let him make Training Camp and see what you've got at that point. I don't know the salary cap ramification of that. He's toast if he can't produce and gone if there is anything prohibiting him from participating.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    At this point it wouldn't be such a bad IDEA to let him make Training Camp and see what you've got at that point. I don't know the salary cap ramification of that. He's toast if he can't produce and gone if there is anything prohibiting him from participating.

Salute the nation
    Until he takes a hit in camp and is IR'd for the entire season.

When he was on the field, he gave them exactly what they wanted when they signed him. If he's healthy going in to camp, then I don't see why you wouldn't keep him.

FWIW...

Ladarius Green: ‘I Expect To Come Back’

It’s now been a little more than one full year since the Pittsburgh Steelers signed tight end Ladarius Green to a four-year, $20 million contract. While Green’s first season with the Steelers certainly didn’t go as many hoped it would due to ankle problems and a concussion, the tight end expects to play in 2017.

“I expect to come back,” Green told ESPN of offseason workouts, according to Jeremy Fowler.

Ahead of the annual scouting combine in Indianapolis, Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert also indicated that he expects Green will be back next season but that he needs to pass physical before offseason workouts begin.

Green, who played in all of six games last season after being activated from the Steelers Reserve/PUP list, caught 18 passes for 304 yards and a touchdown in his very limited playing time. A late-season concussion, however, resulted in Green missing the Steelers final two regular season games and all three playoff contests. Green’s history of concussions is now very concerning moving forward.

Green is scheduled to earn a base salary of $5 million in 2017 and assuming he ultimately passes a physical is expected to take part in all off the Steelers OTA practices, something he was unable to do last year due to him rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle.

For now, Green’s future in Pittsburgh looks to be green, but that could change quickly if the Steelers select another tight end in this year’s draft and especially within the first four rounds.

The Steelers provided themselves a little insurance at the position just after the start of the league year when they re-signed free agent tight end David Johnson to a two-year contract. Johnson, however, his known for his blocking and not his pass-catching ability.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdog View Post
    The Steelers provided themselves a little insurance at the position just after the start of the league year when they re-signed free agent tight end David Johnson to a two-year contract. Johnson, however, his known for his blocking and not his pass-catching ability.
    There is no way the author actually believes this, right?

He STILL hasn't passed concussion protocols?

Ladarius Green (concussion) plans to be attend offseason workouts.

Green hasn't been medically cleared, but the Steelers are expecting him back.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eparing-return

If he is STILL on cuncussion protocol.................Then we need to get him cleared for play and then CUT ties. I see an injury settlement at the very least. 1st round trade up 15 spots TE BaBy !!!!!

Salute the nation

the Steelers not just should cut ties, they should have severed them at the start of FA

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    He STILL hasn't passed concussion protocols?

Ladarius Green (concussion) plans to be attend offseason workouts.

Green hasn't been medically cleared, but the Steelers are expecting him back.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...eparing-return
    wonderful. we have a player on the roster whose brain has been rendered into tapioca, likely not going to get better anytime soon. who the fuck are the team doctors who signed off on this guy's physical??? This guy??

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    the Steelers not just should cut ties, they should have severed them at the start of FA

If Green is truely still in protocol and we waved him, wouldn't we be stuck on some kind of injury settlement??? If we waited this long and he is near or perceived to be near cleared, then keep and wave after the fact.

Salute the nation

That article is a joke. I wonder when that quote from Green was from. You'd figure they would have asked him how he is doing; if he has any more symptoms; if this is a reoccurring issue; etc. All we get is he "expects to come back". That actually makes me feel he is still having symptoms and is not doing very well.

wait until he clears and cut ties

seriously too much of a risk...........
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    That article is a joke. I wonder when that quote from Green was from. You'd figure they would have asked him how he is doing; if he has any more symptoms; if this is a reoccurring issue; etc. All we get is he "expects to come back". That actually makes me feel he is still having symptoms and is not doing very well.
    If he isn't cleared by this point, the Steelers have to go into the draft with the mindset that he isn't coming back.

draft jake Butt asa insurance policy in the 3rd
    Steelers fan since 1997
    Toronto maple Leaf fan since 1989
    Toronto Raptors fan since day 1 1995
    Toronto Blue Jays fan since 1989

I'm not saying it's right but knowing the history of this club I think they will give him another season. As with Jarvis Jones it's like they have to be hit over the head with a shovel to accept some things. The type of collision that he sustained is nearly impossible to avoid as an NFL TE. Clear the linebackers but underneath the safety is the bread and butter play. But legally or illegaly you are gonna get stroked on that play over the course of a season at least 5 or 6 times. I don't think from what I saw he can withstand it. Though I was reasonably happy with Grimble and not really sure what a third round TE would bring to the table over James, Grimble and the blocker Johnson.