Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NASCAR 2017 Thread

Who are the rednecks gonna root for now? All the drivers are from Indiana and California pretty much. Apparently no one in NC races anymore.

The Following User Likes This Post:

I don't know, I think the rule changes are pretty good. Young guys are gonna start winning hopefully.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app
    " If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player. And you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler"

- Jack Lambert

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Me and the Missus on a short vacation, touring D.C. yesterday and today and going to the Richmond race tomorrow.

Trump_10.jpg
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 04-29-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition toward drunkenness among the common people; Rather that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Me and the Missus on a short vacation, touring D.C. yesterday and today and going to the Richmond race tomorrow.

Trump_10.jpg
    How was it?

" If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player. And you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler"

- Jack Lambert

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguins&Steelers View Post
    How was it?
    3/4 mile track so you can see most everything. Easy to get in and out. We were in the middle, tickets were $58. Higher is better. Will sit higher if we go again. Downside, the souvenier trailers were kinda far away, I never did find them.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition toward drunkenness among the common people; Rather that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776.

3/4 mile track so you can see most everything. Easy to get in and out. We were in the middle, tickets were $58. Higher is better. Will sit higher if we go again. Downside, the souvenier trailers were kinda far away, I never did find them.
    Nice! I want to go down sometime for Richmond. The only race I've ever done was Kentucky. This year I'm trying to make the Bristol night race and maybe Michigan.

- Jack Lambert

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Bristol is awesome. Dave's Family Camping is the place to be unless you're planning on a hotel. Relatively normal, clean bathrooms. Walking distance to the track and you walk through Farmer Bob's Campground which is redneck party central. Fun place to visit but you wouldn't want to try to sleep there and you hear "Hold my beer and watch this" a lot. Mrs. Burgundy once slipped on wet grass and slid the 30 yards from the road down the bank to Farmer Bob's on her backpack and got a standing O from the beer-soaked crowd at the bottom. Bristol doesn't sell out any more so you should be able to get tickets from the track website. NHRA dragstrip right next to the NASCAR track. Been there a few times too, great place for drag races. Bring ear protectors to both places.
    Bristol is 6 hours or a little less from the 'Burgh. I-79 to Rt. 19 to I-77 to I-81 takes you right there. Bristol isn't a lot bigger around than Heinz Field but seats 100,000 more people. Good times.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Major crash last night when Joey Logano lost a tire. Wrecked Danica Patrick then my man Aric Almirola plowed into both of them. Almirola was treated and released from the hospital with a compression fracture in his back.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/201...sion-fracture/

ker-pow!

As always, Danica is a wreck magnet

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    NASCAR bans legal weed company in Colorado from sponsoring race car; Race team spells weed company's name in German.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/...-long-comments

Carl Long was forced to strip the logo of a Colorado-based marijuana vaping company from his car Friday after NASCAR said it violated rules governing sponsorship and paint schemes.

The logo for Colorado-based Veedverks was plastered on Long's green and yellow #66 for tech inspection, but a NASCAR spokesman said it was never vetted and approved. And when officials learned of the hood logo, they had crew members remove it before the car went to the track.

NASCAR officials said it will not adorn the car the rest of the weekend.
    UPDATE 5-13-2017: From the Carl Long Motorsports Facebook page:

I see alot of negative comments about NASCAR !! Why?? It is our fault we cant spell . We did no research on company, just happy to get a sponsor. The people running NASCAR have been very positive in allowing us back into cup. They are putting a ton of effort into building the sport back up. If this leadership had the same mentality as before, we would still be outside..and this weekend would have never occurred. I work my butt off over 15hrs a day, every day, because its not work when you love doing what you do. Give them a break , they are not trying to beat me down, in fact all have been great in welcoming us back. I am the guy who failed NASCAR . You will find many misspelled or mistype words in my posts. We submitted a mispelled to Nascar. It would never been allowed. Just leave it to me to create a big stink .. Nascar is trying g to be great again , tune in and watch. There are some really goods seats open at Charlotte next week cheap! Come on out.
    VeedVerks.jpg
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 05-14-2017 at 05:58 PM.

NASCAR bans legal weed company in Colorado from sponsoring race car; Race team spells weed company's name in German.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/...-long-comments

VeedVerks.jpg
    Smart move for the weed company. They got way more publicity this way than if it was on his car.

- Jack Lambert

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    NASCAR All-Star race tonight at 6:00 on Fox Sports 1.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    So we have special sticky green tires that teams must use once and can only use once. What is this fuckery? NASCAR trying to become F1?

Sucks I missed it. Rowdy is probably my 2nd favorite.

- Jack Lambert