Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Free Agent rumors and news

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    I don't think there are any decent CB's or OLB's left to pick up. We don't need backups. We need guys that aren't pro bowlers but can start and contribute.
    Defensively, we don't even necessarily need full-time starters. They work so many different packages, they can find players who can step in for two downs or package players. I'd also really like to see a veteran receiver added and then another in the draft. Last year's group at the end of the season was unacceptable.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet

Following
    More
    Ex-#Packers and #Jaguars CB Davon House is on a plane to Pittsburgh to visit with #Steelers today, source said. His market is heating up.✈️

Quote Originally Posted by nooneuno View Post
    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet

Following
    More
    Ex-#Packers and #Jaguars CB Davon House is on a plane to Pittsburgh to visit with #Steelers today, source said. His market is heating up.✈️
    the nice thing about him.....I think he was released so signing him has no affect on a comp pick if I remember correctly
    had a nice 1st year with the Jags then fell out of favor...

I actually drafted Davon House is "what I would have done" for the Steelers draft way back when....

Esteemed Throbbing Member

House, 27, is a former fourth-round pick of the Packers back in 2011. He spent four years in Green Bay before signing a four-year, $24.5 million contract that included $10 million guaranteed with the Jaguars back in 2015.

House was set to make base salaries of $6 million over the final two years of the agreement when the Jaguars released him in a move that freed up $6 million of available cap space.

In 2016, House appeared in all 16 games for the Jaguars and recorded 17 tackles and no sacks or interceptions. Pro Football Focus rates House as a below-average cornerback last year while playing 272 snaps for the Jaguars.
    http://nfltraderumors.co/free-agent-...n-not-packers/

Ray Fittipaldo‏Verified account @rayfitt1 57m57 minutes ago
    More
    Can confirm the Steelers have some free agents visits scheduled. CB Davon House one of them per @RapSheet.

I wonder who the "some" other is.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Wiki already lists him as a Steeler lol wishful thinking?

Just a crazy idea...cut Moats and sign Connor Barwin...yeah, I know it won't happen. Seriously though, I'm guessing it's a MLB FA. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Spence.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Ray Fittipaldo‏Verified account @rayfitt1 57m57 minutes ago
    More
    Can confirm the Steelers have some free agents visits scheduled. CB Davon House one of them per @RapSheet.

I wonder who the "some" other is.

Quote Originally Posted by ZACKB View Post
    Just a crazy idea...cut Moats and sign Connor Barwin...yeah, I know it won't happen. Seriously though, I'm guessing it's a MLB FA. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Spence.
    I am thinking ILBer too. So f they brought in a corner and a ILBer. They could focus in on BPA in the draft.

Although I still think one brings in a OLBer.

interesting that he's recognized since college as a "press man" kind of corner, if him or another one with those skills gets signed I'll truly believe they are thinking on changing D scheme

I think when the dust settles we are going to get Flowers at CB for a depth signing before the draft and bring back Sean Spence as another option vs. Vince Williams (and maybe a backup to Shazier given his health history). Remember Matakevich is still on the roster as well. He can be a tackling machine if the front gives him clean looks.

As much as they wanted to possibly spend this off-season, I'm not sure the prices of their targets is working out. So they might just end up going cheap and short-term and fill out the roster for only 2017 and do it all again in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    I think when the dust settles we are going to get Flowers at CB for a depth signing before the draft and bring back Sean Spence as another option vs. Vince Williams (and maybe a backup to Shazier given his health history). Remember Matakevich is still on the roster as well. He can be a tackling machine if the front gives him clean looks.

As much as they wanted to possibly spend this off-season, I'm not sure the prices of their targets is working out. So they might just end up going cheap and short-term and fill out the roster for only 2017 and do it all again in 2018.
    what's your take on Prince Amukamara? could he be brought for 6M/Y ? Is he worth it with so many injuries?
    when healthy he's a very good corner

House sucked last year in a major way. They should be able to get him for less than $5 million per to see if he can regain his form. Of course, we just did that the past few seasons with trades and it hasn't worked out. Maybe picking up a FA that way will.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    House sucked last year in a major way. They should be able to get him for less than $5 million per to see if he can regain his form. Of course, we just did that the past few seasons with trades and it hasn't worked out. Maybe picking up a FA that way will.
    oh yes, if we are getting a redemption project he can't be worth more than 4M/Y

Steeler Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    what's your take on Prince Amukamara? could he be brought for 6M/Y ? Is he worth it with so many injuries?
    when healthy he's a very good corner
    He signed with the Bears on Saturday.
    RIP CK

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    He signed with the Bears on Saturday.
    Da Bears... they are like this season jaguars

So Flowers, House, Clayborne, Verner. What else is left?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent LB Dont'a Hightower will visit the Steelers.
    Hightower has already visited the Titans and Jets, but both teams reportedly left the meeting assuming he would re-sign with the Patriots. The Steelers do have a need at linebacker after letting Lawrence Timmons walk, but this entire adventure seems like an effort to drive up the Pats' offer.
    Related: Patriots, Steelers
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Why bother

Free agent OLB Jarvis Jones will meet with the Cardinals on Monday.
    It is the first known interest for Jones, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.
    Related: Cardinals
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I just threw up in my mouth a little...we want to bring him back...cmon

Steeler Nation

Hightower is supposed to fly into Pittsburgh tonight. Due to the storm he may not make it though. . Wishful thinking is he makes it in and gets stuck here.. so he then signs lol
    RIP CK