Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Free Agent rumors and news

Can't see us paying Hightower $10 million + That would be a huge FA splash for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Can't see us paying Hightower $10 million + That would be a huge FA splash for the Steelers.

I'd be interested in seeing how we deploy him. Had we drafted him over Decastro in '12, I bet he would have made his niche as an outside backer. The pats* used him as an ILB, if I'm not mistaken. I think I'd be pretty fine if they can manage a deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by chipped ham View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing how we deploy him. Had we drafted him over Decastro in '12, I bet he would have made his niche as an outside backer. The pats* used him as an ILB, if I'm not mistaken. I think I'd be pretty fine if they can manage a deal here.
    It would be a huge deal. Imagine him and Shazier roaming the middle of the field. Would be the best ILB combo in the NFL.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeXX75 View Post
    Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.
    yes because our BUSTS are just special children that require 5+ years to fully develop

bring him back????? wtf???

Can't see us paying Hightower $10 million
    more than that, likely

Hightower is looking for BIG MONEY

rumors of what he's asking:

Contract package: $67.5 million / 5 years

Overall guarantees: $35 million (last $5 million injury only)

Fully guaranteed at signing: $30 million

First three years: $42 million
    Last edited by Spike; 03-13-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Would rather have paid a CB 10+ than Hightower, hell I don't want him at 10 million.

And fuck no on Jarvis Jones, are we bringing him back as a ball boy or something.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Steeler Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Would rather have paid a CB 10+ than Hightower, hell I don't want him at 10 million.

And fuck no on Jarvis Jones, are we bringing him back as a ball boy or something.
    If they would've given Kirkpatrick 10 mil you would've bitched.
    RIP CK

If Hightower isn't happy with the long term offers, maybe we sneak in there and offer him a 1-year deal and steal him for this season. He would certainly get playing time with us to showcase his skills.

That's always a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    If they would've given Kirkpatrick 10 mil you would've bitched.
    Says who? He's not as good as Bouye, Butler, or Gilmore, but he's not far off, I would've loved if they signed him. Why do you want Hightower at 10 million?

At this point, I just want anyone that will help us improve upon last year. most impact players are gone. Poe is a pipe dream, Hightower would be great but probably never happen either. Corner? not many left. Anyone that will help us improve the defense is fine with me.

Kevin Minter slated for visit with Colts

Most of the names at the top of PFT’s Hot 100 list of available free agents have been locked up or franchise-tagged, leaving just six of the top 50 players available as of Monday afternoon.

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports reports that Minter is making a visit to Indianapolis to meet with the team. It’s the first reported visit for Minter since the start of free agency.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-with-colts/

Steeler Nation

Says who? He's not as good as Bouye, Butler, or Gilmore, but he's not far off, I would've loved if they signed him. Why do you want Hightower at 10 million?
    He immediately improves the defense and fixes the glaring hole that Timmons left.

And I say that because you've bitched about every single move so far.
    RIP CK

So long, Dontari? Chiefs sign Bennie Logan

Chiefs signed DT Bennie Logan, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Logan's addition means free agent Dontari Poe is likely to walk. Logan can slide right in at nose tackle. He's a downgrade, but not a particularly steep one.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8439/bennie-logan

He immediately improves the defense and fixes the glaring hole that Timmons left.

And I say that because you've bitched about every single move so far.
    Every single move???? You mean resigning Jones and Johnson? I loved letting Timmons go, so I didn't bitch about that. I've bitched about the moves they didn't make.
    Why would you pay Hightower 10 million? The dude should be a two down LB, not an every down guy.

Spike calls us dreamers for wanting this or that free agent,

but even with a visit, it seems like in this instance it is a pretty big dream.

Not sure I would give him 10 mil. But perhaps a 1 year contract with incentives mixed in that he could earn that, that would favor him wanting to stay.

In reality I expect the Steelers and Jets to set his market value for his return to the cheats.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Every single move???? You mean resigning Jones and Johnson? I loved letting Timmons go, so I didn't bitch about that. I've bitched about the moves they didn't make.
    Why would you pay Hightower 10 million? The dude should be a two down LB, not an every down guy.
    and to be fair there is a lot of Steelers fans upset at the lack of movement within this free agency.

Thankfully they have four visits today, and upcoming that will ease the majority of fans frustrations.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Spike calls us dreamers for wanting this or that free agent,

but even with a visit, it seems like in this instance it is a pretty big dream.

Not sure I would give him 10 mil. But perhaps a 1 year contract with incentives mixed in that he could earn that, that would favor him wanting to stay.

In reality I expect the Steelers and Jets to set his market value for his return to the cheats.
    Exactly why they should at least make an offer to Butler, even if it's just to force NE's hand like they did with us and Sanders a few seasons back.

Steeler Nation

A two down linebacker??? Why?

You bitched about Antonio Brown and Bell.
    RIP CK

A two down linebacker??? Why?

You bitched about Antonio Brown and Bell.
    Hightower definitly isn't a two down LB, the guy is a force in his prime

Two downs? Seriously? The guy is probably the best all-around inside linebacker in the game and is capable in coverage and rushing the passer. Definitely a three-down player that would easily provide an upgrade over Timmons/Williams.

I've officially learned to stop checking every couple of hours to see if there is a new development or a sneaky free agent puzzle piece...
    It is like me getting credit for being a contributer. Shit just doesn't happen.
    Prepare yourself for Jarvis and his second contract. Hey. He knows the system!