Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agents I'm still interested in

Free Agents I'm still interested in

CB- Morris Claiborne
    Wouldn't break the bank on him but the former first round pick found a niche and I think he could push for an outside spot but would be an awesome nickel guy.

RB- Rex Burkhead
    After Gio and Hill were hurt Rex showed his dual threat capabilities being a nice running back but the ability to catch as well.

LB- Gerald Hodges
    Timmons is in Miami so lets get younger with the 26 year old former nittany lion.

Not a lot of guys under 28 left that interest me but I think for the right price any of these three improve our team and takes a need away from the draft.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Ford, your CB would be great Gay replacement, a check off the list..

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

Claiborne is one of those guys that seems perfect fora one- or two-year deal. You don't have to break the bank for a long-term contract, but not pay bargain basement prices either.

I loved Hodges when he entered the draft and is a player worth exploring. I just don't know if they're worried about an inside linebacker with the depth they have at the position.

I like Vince Williams but not sold on Dirty Red or Fort as a backup. I'm not even 100% on Williams as a starter. Hodges probably is looking for starters money but he likely starts for us if he signs.

The big money guys are almost all gone so lets try to pick up a few second tier guys that at the very least ad depth.

1 WR/KR/PR Patterson
    2 LB Kevin Minter ILB OLB Hodges
    3CB Verner
    4 FS Revis
    Steelers fan since 1997
    Toronto maple Leaf fan since 1989
    Toronto Raptors fan since day 1 1995
    Toronto Blue Jays fan since 1989

Agree on Burkhead..

Dude looked impressive when he played.

Steeler Nation

KC is out golfing..
    RIP CK

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    KC is out golfing..
    Been golfing sine FA period started it would seem

I'm not big on Burkhead.

I'd bring back DWill for a season before I went with Rex.
    Defense!

MTC

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    KC is out golfing..
    Or you know, going to pro days
    *Jesus is Lord*

Steeler Nation

Quote Originally Posted by ianv2012 View Post
    Or you know, going to pro days
    Or you know.. sarcasm ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app
    RIP CK

Quote Originally Posted by F83 View Post
    1 WR/KR/PR Patterson
    2 LB Kevin Minter ILB OLB Hodges
    3CB Verner
    4 FS Revis

NOT Revis at all, regardless of where you play him.......................... Empty tank and attitude

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Poe.

I'd really like to see them bring in RB Crowell (and then draft a change of pace/KR back) to add some depth behind Bell.

There are also a few DL I'd take a look at, Poe or Hankins would be nice to upgrade the line (if we're willing to break our character and spend some coin in free agency) and then Hargrave could spell inside or out. More likely we'd go 2nd tier though and I could get on board with Abry Jones or bringing back Al Woods on a cheap deal. Tuitt and Heyward always seem gassed late in games and as the season wears on from playing too many snaps.

Wouldn't mind grabbing Rambo at S if he could be had cheap to compete with Golden/Dangerfield for the depth.

Add edge rush, CB, TE and WR with our first 4 picks and we're looking pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
    Poe.
    In a heartbeat. Never happen but would completely change the defense. You put Poe, Gravedigger, Heyward and Tuitt, you ain't running and you are getting serious one on one's when you blitz. That would be the play right there. A true Nose.

More I think about it WTF would they not at least bring Poe in. He makes the loss of Timmons moot. Timmons big asset was stopping the run. You put Poetry in there even average Linebackers would stay clean. I think Williams is good and Shazier is great. Then you would have so much rotational flexibility. At least look at the numbers.

MTC

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    More I think about it WTF would they not at least bring Poe in. He makes the loss of Timmons moot. Timmons big asset was stopping the run. You put Poetry in there even average Linebackers would stay clean. I think Williams is good and Shazier is great. Then you would have so much rotational flexibility. At least look at the numbers.
    Or draft one.But with Heyward returning, wouldn't yinz almost have to change to 4-3?
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    NOT Revis at all, regardless of where you play him.......................... Empty tank and attitude

Salute the nation
    He can work at safety I think. The attitude though is...eh. So pass

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I've been saying this for the past two years. This defense needs a big ass dominant DT. Free's up space and creative blitzing from the LBers. Hampton was the cog back in the day. Imagine Shazier's speed alongside Farrior at that time. The Steelers linebacking group has some athleticism. Any DT who requires double team blocking opens up a loooooot more for the rest of the front 6

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Or draft one.But with Heyward returning, wouldn't yinz almost have to change to 4-3?
    I would love to see us sign Poe and switch to a 4 - 3 scheme. This has been my one dream for the last 8 or so years. When all staryes seeing that Dick's defense just wasn't working the way it use to...the good teams change with time .