Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90

Thread: Steelers FA news...interesting

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    60

    Steelers FA news...interesting

    Free agent OLB Jarvis Jones will meet with the Cardinals on Monday.

    It is the first known interest for Jones, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.


    Dont'a Hightower - LB - Free Agent

    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent LB Dont'a Hightower will visit the Steelers.

    Hightower has already visited the Titans and Jets, but both teams reportedly left the meeting assuming he would re-sign with the Patriots. The Steelers do have a need at linebacker after letting Lawrence Timmons walk, but this entire adventure seems like an effort to drive up the Pats' offer.

  2. #2
    I'm OK with Jarvis coming back at backup money. I'd like to see them try him at ILB. I think he has good instincts for the ball and could be a decent 2 down ILB or at least provide depth there as well as OLB.

    i don't see Hightower at all unless he come cheap. He's a run plugger like Vince Williams. If they thought Vince had to be upgraded so badly then they would have kept Timmons.

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  3. #3
    Jarvis won't be back. Betting he jumps on the first offer that comes his way which will be from the Cards.
    Forget about Hightower.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Brwady Has Deflated Balls.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  4. #4
    http://www.steelernation.com/showthr...and-news/page8

    Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.


    because our BUSTS are just special children that require 5+ years to fully develop!

    bring him back????? wtf???





    Hightower is looking for BIG MONEY


    rumors of what he's asking:


    Contract package: $67.5 million / 5 years

    Overall guarantees: $35 million (last $5 million injury only)

    Fully guaranteed at signing: $30 million

    First three years: $42 million

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    http://www.steelernation.com/showthr...and-news/page8

    Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.


    because our BUSTS are just special children that require 5+ years to fully develop!

    bring him back????? wtf???





    Hightower is looking for BIG MONEY


    rumors of what he's asking:


    Contract package: $67.5 million / 5 years

    Overall guarantees: $35 million (last $5 million injury only)

    Fully guaranteed at signing: $30 million

    First three years: $42 million
    Sorry, if you bench a guy down the stretch like they did. And he was fuckin benched. Why would you even consider bringing him back. And let's not even talk ILB. He is soft. He was a terrible mistake pick. Now move on and add by subtracting him. For God's sake.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  6. #6
    Good Lord, Jones personally handed the Cowboys the TD to Elliot in their win at Heinz at the end of the game. One of the worst read/reactions I have ever witnessed. If the Steelers bring him back I can never take their Free Agent approach serious again.

  7. #7
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    60
    Justin Hunter (wr) also coming in for a FA visit with us

    The Following 4 Users Like This Post:



  8. #8
    I don't want Jones back as a back up, a rookie not knowing the defense can play better.

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACKB View Post
    Justin Hunter (wr) also coming in for a FA visit with us
    Visited the Pats Fri

    Could come real cheap!

    6'4"



    Wide receiver Justin Hunter bounced between three teams last year and is back on the market as a free agent in search of a home for the 2017 season.

    Hunter’s first visit of this year’s free agency session will be with the Patriots.

    Hunter spent camp and the preseason with the Titans, who drafted him in the second round of the 2013 draft and then released him before the start of the 2016 season. He was claimed off of waivers by the Dolphins, got waived again a few weeks later and played out the rest of the year with the Bills.

    He wound up with 10 catches for 189 yards and four touchdowns in 12 games for the Bills.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ting-patriots/

  10. #10
    A red zone threat at the least

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    between $2 short & ten buck two
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    138
    Uncle Jarvis is gone and I hope for NO return. If CMVLT brings him back what does that say of hi incredibility?? Only thing we can hope for is CMVLT runs his wheels off.




    Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

  12. #12
    Hunter had a couple pretty good games with the Titans if I remember correctly.

    There has to be other OLBs available. Or at least we know now we draft one.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    I'm OK with Jarvis coming back at backup money. I'd like to see them try him at ILB. I think he has good instincts for the ball and could be a decent 2 down ILB or at least provide depth there as well as OLB.

    i don't see Hightower at all unless he come cheap. He's a run plugger like Vince Williams. If they thought Vince had to be upgraded so badly then they would have kept Timmons.
    I agree 100%.

  14. #14
    Member Coach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    5,856
    Rep Power
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACKB View Post
    Free agent OLB Jarvis Jones will meet with the Cardinals on Monday.

    It is the first known interest for Jones, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Steelers are still interested in bringing him back. A first-round disappointment, Jones recorded just six sacks in four seasons with Pittsburgh.


    Dont'a Hightower - LB - Free Agent

    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent LB Dont'a Hightower will visit the Steelers.

    Hightower has already visited the Titans and Jets, but both teams reportedly left the meeting assuming he would re-sign with the Patriots. The Steelers do have a need at linebacker after letting Lawrence Timmons walk, but this entire adventure seems like an effort to drive up the Pats' offer.
    Timmons was a very good player for us, but he's older now and pretty much a two down linebacker. Vince Williams is almost as good as Timmons right now, and will likely pass him once Timmons slows down, which could be in 1-2 years.

    Do we really need Hightower? For cheap, sure. For 4+ million a year, no thanks.
    A 7th ring will come after Tomlin leaves.

  15. #15
    Hightower wants closer to 10 mil per season. Pats will most likely re-sign him back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Brwady Has Deflated Balls.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Timmons was a very good player for us, but he's older now and pretty much a two down linebacker. Vince Williams is almost as good as Timmons right now, and will likely pass him once Timmons slows down, which could be in 1-2 years.

    Do we really need Hightower? For cheap, sure. For 4+ million a year, no thanks.
    I wouldn't throw money at ILB position given the heavy investment in Shazier but Hightower will command top $ in the market, don't know where you get that figure of less than $4M for him

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Timmons was a very good player for us, but he's older now and pretty much a two down linebacker. Vince Williams is almost as good as Timmons right now, and will likely pass him once Timmons slows down, which could be in 1-2 years.

    Do we really need Hightower? For cheap, sure. For 4+ million a year, no thanks.
    4 mil a year is expensive? I would take that and not think twice.

    You have 5 advantages to drafting Hightower.


    5 Fans of police academy could come up with snazzy nickname

    4 You would be upgrading the position.

    3 You could bring in a playmaker from a SB team.

    2 It would help the team focus in on BPA in the draft.

    1 He already knows the Steelers playbook, so it would be a easy transition..
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

    The Following 7 Users Like This Post:



  18. #18
    Hightower probably told the steelers that the Pats laugh at the game film vs the steelers. They can't believe the steelers let their receivers have free releases to catch quick throws in space. They set the film to the Benny Hill theme music and play it at parties.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Hightower probably told the steelers that the Pats laugh at the game film vs the steelers. They can't believe the steelers let their receivers have free releases to catch quick throws in space. They set the film to the Benny Hill theme music and play it at parties.
    made me lol for real
    Tomlin said "with regards to forum and social media play coordinators, my measuring cup utilizes the ingredients that success eats from. We wont supplement our recipes with foreign elements now when the meal has been served and the results already recorded." ~ The suhweeet titties guy.

  20. #20
    His soul is full of hate.


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,375
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    103
    Let Jones go get beaten and manhandled in Arizona.
    Every story needs a villain. I'm okay playing that role.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Follow @steelernation33