Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers FA news...interesting

Steelers will pull their offer to Hightower if he leaves without signing. They don't want to be contract fodder for the P*ts.

Report: Steelers will pull offer to Hightower if he leaves without signing
    Jack BrowneMar 14 2017, 17:36
    The Pittsburgh Steelers are reportedly playing hardball with free agent Don'ta Hightower.

The linebacker visited with the Steelers recently, and Pittsburgh told him they will pull its offer if he gets on the plane without signing, NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhamwala reports.

The Steelers don't want to be used as leverage against the New England Patriots, adds NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    The problem is we had the money to pay those CB's but we elected not to.
    we didn't have the money for gilmore, the others?they are not worth what they got

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    we didn't have the money for gilmore, the others?they are not worth what they got
    Apparently they are since a team deemed them worth that value.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    Apparently they are since a team deemed them worth that value.
    yeah great for them, I'm glad it wasn't us

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

yeah great for them, I'm glad it wasn't us

Yes, we should've signed AJ Bouye to a ton of money. After all, he had one decent year after being nothing more than a sub-defender. Gilmore was decent, but not for $70 million. I'm happy they didn't give Dre Kirkpatrick $10+ million. He came onto the scene in the second half of last season, and was one of the biggest reasons we beat the bungholes at PBS last year. His four huge penalties, all in the fourth quarter, and then he got beat by Eli Rogers for the gw touchdown. Most of you guys have issues with AB and his dancing penalties, and he has yet to cost us a game. However, we should've went and threw the bank at Dre Kirkpatrick, who has lost the bungholes games with his garbage antics. Makes sense.

I understand the fine balance between "he's not worth that much" and doing something productive to improve the team. But the problem I have with the approach that so-and-so is worth only "x" dollars is that other teams are not working that way, and you pretty much guarantee getting nobody on the FA market except third-tier garbage.

If a Lexus costs $65,000, then you have to spend $65,000 to get a Lexus. That's the price. Buying a Cavalier for $10,000 and crowing about financial restraint is not the same thing.

Because you wind up owning a goddamn $10,000 Cavalier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    I understand the fine balance between "he's not worth that much" and doing something productive to improve the team. But the problem I have with the approach that so-and-so is worth only "x" dollars is that other teams are not working that way, and you pretty much guarantee getting nobody on the FA market except third-tier garbage.

If a Lexus costs $65,000, then you have to spend $65,000 to get a Lexus. That's the price. Buying a Cavalier for $10,000 and crowing about financial restraint is not the same thing.

Great analogy!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

maybe you have only 10K for your new car because the rest of the money was spent in a Lincoln (Ben), a Ferrari (AB) and a Corvette (Bell)

Quote Originally Posted by chipped ham View Post
    Yes, we should've signed AJ Bouye to a ton of money. After all, he had one decent year after being nothing more than a sub-defender. Gilmore was decent, but not for $70 million. I'm happy they didn't give Dre Kirkpatrick $10+ million. He came onto the scene in the second half of last season, and was one of the biggest reasons we beat the bungholes at PBS last year. His four huge penalties, all in the fourth quarter, and then he got beat by Eli Rogers for the gw touchdown. Most of you guys have issues with AB and his dancing penalties, and he has yet to cost us a game. However, we should've went and threw the bank at Dre Kirkpatrick, who has lost the bungholes games with his garbage antics. Makes sense.
    You don't have to spend on the top-tier players to improve the team. There are other options. The post below is perfect.

maybe you have only 10K for your new car because the rest of the money was spent in a Lincoln (Ben), a Ferrari (AB) and a Corvette (Bell)
    Then why are you window shopping for a Corvette?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Pride View Post
    Then why are you window shopping for a Corvette?
    who me? only delusionals are

who me? only delusionals are
    Everyone knew what the market value was for Dont'a Hightower, continuing to bring in players and low balling them will only hurt you in the long run and lead to less players wanting to come in for a visit in FA. If you can only afford Russ Cockrell level players than don't bring in players that are well outside of that range if you do not intend to make a legit offer.

Everyone knew what the market value was for Dont'a Hightower, continuing to bring in players and low balling them will only hurt you in the long run and lead to less players wanting to come in for a visit in FA. If you can only afford Russ Cockrell level players than don't bring in players that are well outside of that range if you do not intend to make a legit offer.
    yeah the hightower thing is kind of weird, I didn't get that either. Maybe they wanted to ask him how did the *s steal their playbook.

But it was the only case, is not like they brought him, gilmore, bouye, calais cambell and okung just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan448 View Post
    You don't have to spend on the top-tier players to improve the team. There are other options. The post below is perfect.
    Unfortunately, in this market, consumers are buying cavaliers at a Ferrari price, making things a bit more complicated.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Bye cock?

Ross Cockrell - DB - Steelers

DKPittsburghSports.com reports Steelers restricted free agent CB Ross Cockrell is drawing "plenty" of interest.

Reporter Mark Kaboly doesn't name any teams. Cockrell was somewhat surprisingly tendered at the original-round level, which is the fourth round in this instance. Teams might view that as a reasonable price for a player who has emerged as a decent No. 1 corner over the past two seasons.

It's possible the Steelers are prepared to match any offer Cockrell receives on the open market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9598/ross-cockrell

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Bye cock?

Ross Cockrell - DB - Steelers

DKPittsburghSports.com reports Steelers restricted free agent CB Ross Cockrell is drawing "plenty" of interest.

Reporter Mark Kaboly doesn't name any teams. Cockrell was somewhat surprisingly tendered at the original-round level, which is the fourth round in this instance. Teams might view that as a reasonable price for a player who has emerged as a decent No. 1 corner over the past two seasons.

It's possible the Steelers are prepared to match any offer Cockrell receives on the open market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9598/ross-cockrell

Time for the Lincoln signing............!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

that's a coveted Cock

that's a coveted Cock
    they didn't lock the cock up

so they can't covet it too much

that's the meat and bones of it

in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Great analogy!
    Except that you are buying what may or may not be a lexus (and one "good" year does not a lexus make) which would, normally go for 65k for 90k.

So, anyone know...did Hightower get on the plane???