Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Felony charges dropped, Darrelle Revis, now wants to play for the Steelers

Felony charges dropped, Darrelle Revis, now wants to play for the Steelers

Less than one month after allegedly being involved in a fight that led to several felony charges, a judge in Pittsburgh has decided to dismiss all claims against Darrelle Revis following the testimony of a witness who was with the former Jets corner on the night of the alleged incident.

With his legal obstacles now out of the way, Revis will likely draw some interest in free agency, and from the sound of it, it looks like he’s hoping to get a call from the Steelers.

As he walked out of court on Wednesday, the Pittsburgh-native told NFL.com that it would be a “dream come true” to play for the Steelers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/fe...-for-steelers/

------------

Dream it! I'm calling Rooney - the limo is on the way!

Vet minimum baby, how's that sound?

But Spike he doesn't play offense.

That's OK - we get him to play slot corner/S, we can draft offense #1

We had this thread already. :)

I said then I would be happy to have Revis come in and play safety. But all depends on his price tag.

A one-year, $8 million contract type thing might work in our salary cap structure right now. Revis traditionally likes short term deals. Maybe he ends up being just a rental player for 2017 while our young players continue to get better.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

He's toast as corner. Just can't run like ehe used to. His best stuff was bump and run and tight man. We play a soft zone off man type of system.

If he wants to play safety, he's worth a workout and physical.
    A 7th ring will come after Tomlin leaves.

I am ok with him as a slot corner, but not anymore on the outside.Perhaps as a safety...........
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    A one-year, $8 million contract type thing might work in our salary cap structure right now. Revis traditionally likes short term deals. Maybe he ends up being just a rental player for 2017 while our young players continue to get better.
    He would cost 8 mil a year? why?

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    We had this thread already. :)

I said then I would be happy to have Revis come in and play safety. But all depends on his price tag.
    that was a month ago, before court - and he never said it was his"dream come true to play for the Steelers"

what the fuck Rooneys? go dig out that tin can full of money from under the back porch and get his ass on a plane NOW!

I demand entertainment!

Blog Entries
    Revis was never used properly

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    He would cost 8 mil a year? why?
    How much do you think he's worth? It's not like he's a shutdown corner anymore. He's 32 years old.

Here's Revis' cash/income history in the NFL.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...cash-earnings/

He's not getting $16-$17 million anymore like he did from the Jets. His play doesn't demand that. He's clearly an $8-10 million player now and if he still wants short-term deals, then that might work.
    Last edited by deljzc; 03-15-2017 at 04:41 PM.

I think that $8M number came from some blog rumor where they said that's how much the Steelers were willing to spend on a CB in FA this year

How much do you think he's worth? It's not like he's a shutdown corner anymore. He's 32 years old.

Here's Revis' cash/income history in the NFL.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...cash-earnings/

He's not getting $16-$17 million anymore like he did from the Jets. His play doesn't demand that. He's clearly an $8-10 million player now and if he still wants short-term deals, then that might work.
    I was actually thinking less like 3/4 mil

I think in this market with the kind of salary cap dollars available, that's probably a bit low.

Again, I'm not against rental players and I think Revis is damn close to retirement anyhow, so you could make it an imaginary 2-year deal, still give him $8 million for this year and kind of have an imaginary year next year at $5 million or something and spread the cap hit out a little bit if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I was actually thinking less like 3/4 mil
    That works for me too - but, whatever it takes

and Jets fans are pissed he said he wanted to be a STEELER!

after all the $$ we paid him over the years & loyalty we showed, did he HAVE to say it would be a "dream come true" to play for the Steelers?

He said that he dropped 10 lbs from this time last year and is working out, and got a new nutrition plan. Maybe he was just a fatty last year and out of shape. The Jets were so bad, maybe he didn't give a crap.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Oh... Revis has a guaranteed salary of $6 million from the Jets deal just for sitting on his ass this year. So you might have to beat that in order to get him to play (it's offset by a new contract).

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...ay-2017/355251
    Last edited by deljzc; 03-15-2017 at 04:55 PM.

yep the Jets are on the hook for $6 million unless he signs a new contract....so unless he REALLY gives up a hometown discount, that will probably be the starting point

A dream come true? Was it a fucking nightmare when he still had shut down corner ability? I mean we wanted him just about every time he was a free agent. guess it wasn't a dream come true then.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Oh... Revis has a guaranteed salary of $6 million from the Jets deal just for sitting on his ass this year. So you might have to beat that in order to get him to play (it's offset by a new contract).
    He might be watching games on Sunday from his couch like the rest of us then. I think I would take Terrance Newman for a 1-year 4 million dollar deal than Revis for 1-year 8 million.