Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign RB Knile Davis

signings that we should be used to by now
    Last edited by BLITZ; 03-20-2017 at 04:34 PM.

filling out the roster rather nicely. . .

if we had a farm team, I'd expect these players to be filling out that roster, like the Pens do yearly.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Well, they did need a couple of bodies for camp. Sensabaugh will probably push Gay off the roster - at least we can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Well, they did need a couple of bodies for camp. Sensabaugh will probably push Gay off the roster - at least we can hope.
    BWAhahahahahah

You are out of your minds, neither should make the roster of a championship contender trying to improve, camp bodies at BEST

Waiver wire scrubs, and we go running full throttle to sign them? Give me a break.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    not happy with his career average..... is he even better than croissant?
    I find this hilarious - but, I do think it's a decent signing...

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Hopefully he will bond with his fellow Clemson player Bryant and help keep his nose clean.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    BWAhahahahahah

You are out of your minds, neither should make the roster of a championship contender trying to improve, camp bodies at BEST

Waiver wire scrubs, and we go running full throttle to sign them? Give me a break.
    yinz didn't see the writing on the wall?

It is the Colbert way, who is available cheap.

I heard the G-men had some interest in a resign so there is that....

then I read he struggled against the Pack in the important game......

so there is that as well....

How does a team evaluate a player in March 2016, decide he is worth 3-years, $15 million and then SIX MONTHS LATER, in October of that same year decide he isn't even worth keeping on the roster and cutting him (and his 2016 salary of $4.5 million was already guaranteed at that point....).

How is this even possible in today's NFL? How can any G.M. and coach keep their jobs doing stuff like that with an owner's money?

It's fucking embarrassing.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Just terrible.
    Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    How does a team evaluate a player in March 2016, decide he is worth 3-years, $15 million and then SIX MONTHS LATER, in October of that same year decide he isn't even worth keeping on the roster and cutting him

How is this even possible in today's NFL? How can any G.M. and coach keep their jobs doing stuff like that with an owner's money?

It's fucking embarrassing.
    and on the other side we have the Steelers, who should have cut bait with Jarvis years ago - but they continued to keep him and pay him

Davis has Kick Return ability. He has 2 career Kick Return TDs with a career average of 26.8 per return. Good pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Davis has Kick Return ability. He has 2 career Kick Return TDs with a career average of 26.8 per return. Good pickup.
    in 2013

We should have kept Deangelo!

All the ones signed have a chance to contribute, but Davis might be only KR worthy. Sens gives the Steelers another opinion at CB so happy in that aspect.

I think he has a better chance of sticking over Davis.

Nov 5, 2016

The Kansas City Chiefs are bringing back Knile Davis.

In two weeks he has been traded to the Packers, cut by the Packers, claimed by the Jets and cut by the Jets. Now he can add re-signed with the Chiefs to the list.

Fumbler, bad hands, can't catch out of the backfield......he better run em back past the 20

Quote Originally Posted by tapeANaspirin2it View Post
    Should be about the same as Croissant at RB and better for returns, eh?

How big are their heads?

Davis will be rb depth and a kick returner. Pretty sure we draft a rb to back up bell in either round 4 or round 5. I don't know anything about the other guy.

The Davis signing stinks of a Haley push. In his eyes he checked off these boxes:

Multi position capable
    Fast 40

In my eyes I see yet another fast RB who can't seem to get past the line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Fumbler, bad hands, can't catch out of the backfield......he better run em back past the 20
    No fears ... Tombert plan on shocking the NFL by re-signing Dri to act as lead blocker on the kick returns, and BOOM!! Knile knifes through the kick coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

Steeler Nation

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    The Davis signing stinks of a Haley push. In his eyes he checked off these boxes:

Multi position capable
    Fast 40

In my eyes I see yet another fast RB who can't seem to get past the line of scrimmage.
    They signed Davis to return kicks. DeAngelo played zero snaps once Bell returned from suspension until the Championship game. They aren't going to use him to spell him or anything. He's stepped in for Charles two years ago and was solid. Multiple hundred yard games.

He has 3 kick return TDs including one in the playoffs in 2015. He averages five yards a return further then our best guy. We need the better field advantage. Our returns have been horrible for years. I think the last time we returned a kick for a touchdown was 2010 when AB did it.
    RIP CK

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Championship!

(Surprised no one said it before)

The Following 3 Users Like This Post: