Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin says team won't change philosophy just to beat the cheatriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    As if Timmons isn't going to get burned???????

Salute the nation
    Playing zone and tackling the catch is way different then Timmons playing man to man against Edelman which he wasn't.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”

Never done it? He play man on man several times during the season. That's better than saying " here Tom Brady, this is the exact defense you were hoping for have fun"

Why would you admit to changing your scheme or play to combat the Patriots? You'd just be letting them know they're in your head and got your number. No coach is going to do that publicly, non story really.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    It is the exact opposite....Ben gets EVERY excuse....I'm told there were 4TD's dropped or overturned. Ben gets this excuse, Coach T does not. With those 4TD's we get the win regardless of the D allowing 34 points, yes?

What if the D had played lights out and only allowed the *'s to score 21 points (which only happened twice during the season, btw, you know because EVERYBODY knows how to stop brady...smdh). We still lose because the O only scored 17. It matters zippo how bad or good the D played. In general, very few teams are going to hold a team that cheats and gets favored calls to under 21 points. If you score 17, it matters fuck all what else happened.

Even teams that don't cheat and get favored calls, look at the score of the winning team in each game during the season. The majority of the winners scored 21 or more points every week.

We get told that Coach T is terrible without Ben. Against the same team, the Team with Ben scored 1 more point than it did with Jones. But that is because of dropped passes, which might not have happened when Landry was playing.
    Bullshit. There are a handful on here that rush to label anyone who criticizes the coach. The same group refuse to credit Ben for anything. I'd like to see both improve some areas of their games, but do you honestly think this team's success over the last decade has more to do with the coaching than the QB? Without Ben this team is looking up at Dallas, San Fran and the *s. We'll see in a couple years if Coach T and the mighty Landry can get us anywhere near the big game. I don't understand how someone calling out the coaching staff for the defensive cluster fuck in the AFCCG is somehow making excuses for Ben. But this all rhetorical; I don't expect a bit of concession from you after reading through the thread.
    Last edited by GMC; 03-29-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nooneuno View Post
    Why would you admit to changing your scheme or play to combat the Patriots? You'd just be letting them know they're in your head and got your number. No coach is going to do that publicly, non story really.
    Except Tomlin was speaking the truth....but yeah...non story.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    Never done it? He play man on man several times during the season. That's better than saying " here Tom Brady, this is the exact defense you were hoping for have fun"
    He played Man to Man vs WRs on the out side not in the slot. There is a difference some when even say huge difference

Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneuno View Post
    Still, if you don't change your philosophy you will never beat the Pats****.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition toward drunkenness among the common people; Rather that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

"Gray lives Matter"

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Here's a short video of the steelers coaches vs the Pats

...yep. Run into wall. Get up run into wall..rinse and repeat until head cracks. In fact you can take a gameplan from 10 years ago and it will look the same as last years. Nobody is that good and nobody is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    He played Man to Man vs WRs on the out side not in the slot. There is a difference some when even say huge difference

He lined up man on man in the slot vs Buffalo, the wr ran an out and he almost jumped it for a pick six.
    I'm not saying you go into the game with him pre determined to shadow a guy, I'm fine with them trying their defensive game plan, but after the first series it was obvious it wasn't going to work so you need to adjust and make changes, if that means try something different than you do it, but we didn't do it, we just kept doing the same damn thing over and over, hell I think it was Hogan after the game saying something along the lines of "that's the defense we were expecting"

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Ark, it's true. Had the young receivers (and Brown) played a bit better the game would have been closer. I also agree, people put too much stock in the Steelers "unstoppable" offense which I think truthfully all to often seems pretty darn stoppable for one reason or another. I understand Spike's excitement for an ever escalating war of offensive skill position players, but while he points out that the Steelers are ever eager to draft the next defensive bust, they also seem perfectly prepared to draft or sign the future suspendee or injured reserved sweat-suit model for the offense.

Somehow the team has to find a reasonable balance that can manage do well on both sides of the ball because it WILL happen when one or the other team is going to shit the bed. It would be nice to know that the other guy's can reliably pick up the slack on those days.

You'd think COACH Tomlin would figure it out. He keeps banging his head against the wall but hopes for a different out come.....INSANITY. He may want to take better care of above the neck gray matter,................for his life's work.

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    You'd think COACH Tomlin would figure it out. He keeps banging his head against the wall but hopes for a different out come.....INSANITY. He may want to take better care of above the neck gray matter,................for his life's work.

Salute the nation
    TMC addressed this subject very well in his draft thread. You might want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    Dead on accurate right there. If you flipped the coaches, who wins that game. And yes you do have to build to beat the Pat's. Especially this year, you know you play them and hopefully for playoff home field. I hate when he tries to say PC shit like that. How fuckin stupid. The road to the SB has gone through NE virtually every season. Putz.
    Just like the Ravens built to beat the Steelers.

How did they do that? By mimicking our D.

We must also mimic the Pats and build up our short passing game to keep the ball away from Brady and score points quickly. Throw in some Bell for good measure.

Ben needs to buy into this and be patient. Of course none of this will happen.....never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible" ~Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Just like the Ravens built to beat the Steelers.

How did they do that? By mimicking our D.

We must also mimic the Pats and build up our short passing game to keep the ball away from Brady and score points quickly. Throw in some Bell for good measure.

Ben needs to buy into this and be patient. Of course none of this will happen.....never mind.
    Haha more blaming Ben and the offense and letting the coach and D off the hook.

Why would we blame an offense that scored 17 points in a playoff game? 34 was the LEAST the *''s scored in the playoffs this year. Against defense's not coached and drafted by the idiot Tombert they scored 34. Against the moron they scored 2 whole points more. Not bad for a team that everyone but Tomlin knows how to stop.

That game was NOT going to be won by 17 points or anything less than 30 (or 36, as it turns out) You give Ben the benefit of the doubt because of dropped passes or whatever excuse du' jure is, but the fact is, 17 ppints rarely cuts in the playoffs and, even, rarely cut it in regular season vs. The *'s.

Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    TMC addressed this subject very well in his draft thread. You might want to check it out.

Give me a POST # or a page number in that thread......................... I'll check it out

Salute the nationm

Quote Originally Posted by ark steel View Post
    Why would we blame an offense that scored 17 points in a playoff game? 34 was the LEAST the *''s scored in the playoffs this year. Against defense's not coached and drafted by the idiot Tombert they scored 34. Against the moron they scored 2 whole points more. Not bad for a team that everyone but Tomlin knows how to stop.

That game was NOT going to be won by 17 points or anything less than 30 (or 36, as it turns out) You give Ben the benefit of the doubt because of dropped passes or whatever excuse du' jure is, but the fact is, 17 ppints rarely cuts in the playoffs and, even, rarely cut it in regular season vs. The *'s.

ALL the M-O-R-E reason to sign every OFFENSIVE weapon available. NOT run of the mill but impact starters, TE is a first round need. At this point if you honestly think Green is going to be around when we play the CHEATRIOTS (at our house) in the AFCCG, then your buying ocean front land in Nebraska.!!!!!!!

Salute the nation