Thread: Dust off the template --- Fish waive Dion Jordan

Esteemed Throbbing Member

Dust off the template --- Fish waive Dion Jordan

Never used right...needs a new home...

Dolphins waive draft bust Dion Jordan after four seasons

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ck-dion-jordan
    James Walker
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Miami Dolphins waived former 2013 first-round pick Dion Jordan on Friday after he failed a physical, the team announced. The move will save the Dolphins $3.225 million in salary for 2017.

Miami made a trade and moved up nine spots from No. 12 to No. 3 four years ago in order to select the defensive end.

However, Jordan had just three career sacks and multiple NFL suspensions for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He hasn't played in a game since the 2014 season.

The Dolphins kept Jordan under contract the past two years because of his potential. He was eligible to return from suspension last season but arrived at Dolphins training camp with a knee injury the team was unaware of. Jordan never showed Miami's coaching staff enough last year to get on the active roster.

Jordan was a former star at the University of Oregon from 2009 to 2012 and played under former NFL head coach Chip Kelly.

His suspension issues were for PED's trying to bulk up to play DE. Bring him in and kick the tires. I know he failed a physical and that is the reason they say they cut him, but if it isn't anything serious, he could be a good fit in our scheme.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Horseshit - like we need other teams' busts!

Dolphins waived/failed physical DE Dion Jordan.

The move saves Miami $3.2 million in cap space. Jordan's departure was widely expected after missing all of last season with a knee injury. He sat out the year before for violating the league's PED policy.

Jordan, who turned 27 earlier this month, started just one game during his four-year tenure in Miami.

The former third overall pick will go down as one of the bigger draft busts in recent memory.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8384/dion-jordan

Esteemed Throbbing Member

look how the mighty have fallen. Spike's clutching my cape trying to regain some degree of importance after SSNS (yes, they offer varying degrees of membership and take PayPal) was scooped by ESPN and Supe.

hahahahah - like anybody gives a shit about this loser, why not just start another Pats thread?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerscotty View Post
    Bring him in and kick the tires.
    He's already a cripple that can't pass a physical, he'll fall over

What was said about Dion Jordan in 2013, and the lesson from it

The ex-Oregon defensive end totaled the same number of suspensions for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, three, as he did sacks in Miami.

Here is what was said after Jordan was selected.

Mike Mayock: “This young man, I think he’s got the potential to be the player that I compare him to, which is Jason Taylor, who ironically played for the Miami Dolphins. I also think he looks a little bit like an Aldon Smith, and if he puts on 20 pounds on that 6-foot-7 frame, some day he might be as good as a DeMarcus Ware. He’s got that kind of edge speed.”

Steve Mariucci: “You know, I talked to his coach Nick Aliotti the other day, his defensive coordinator at Oregon. And he said this kid loves football. He loves to play. He loves to practice. He’s fully committed right now to football. This guy has got everything that it takes not only to rush the passer but to drop into coverage at over 6-6. This guy, when he puts on a little muscle, he’s going to be dynamite.”

Marshall Faulk: “Dion Jordan is the guy that you don’t have to scheme to get a sack. He gets you a sack. And if you’re going to to compete against the New England Patriots two times a year, you have to be able to just beat a guy 1-on-1 and get a sack and not blitz Tom Brady. You need this guy.”

Jon Gruden anchored the ESPN broadcast’s reaction to Jordan’s selection.

He had his doubts.

“I really like Dion Jordan’s athleticism, but I’m shocked about this pick,” Gruden said. “When I watch Dion Jordan play, Mel (Kiper), I just don’t see him play. And this isn’t any false information. When you watch Oregon play, he doesn’t play against Cal because he’s hurt. But they play almost like hockey. He plays six plays; he’s out six plays. When you watch Dion Jordan play seven snaps in an NFL game, that’ll be the first time you’ve ever seen him do it. … He’s a great athlete, but there’s a lot of unknown right now at third overall.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esson-from-it/

And we were pissed about jarvis... Imagine that

The Following 7 Users Like This Post:

We have our own draft busts. Don't need Miami's

Steeler Nation

If he can't pass a physical then he really is no use to us.
    RIP CK

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    But Ladarius Green passed a physical.....

"It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition toward drunkenness among the common people; Rather that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litos View Post
    And we were pissed about jarvis... Imagine that
    O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    He's already a cripple that can't pass a physical, he'll fall over
    If so we can leave him on the floor with AB's playoff performance vs the Fins' playing on a loop!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    Hard to know if it is really that bad(knee). They may just be using it as an excuse to cut bait. In our quest to fix the pass rush, we should leave no stone un-turned. Wouldn't hurt us to bring him in and give him a physical of our own.

Thank you Dion Jordan, for being an even bigger bust than Jarvis Jones. Thanks for taking the heat of the Steelers for that draft year...

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Thank you Dion Jordan, for being an even bigger bust than Jarvis Jones. Thanks for taking the heat of the Steelers for that draft year...
    That draft was one to be forgotten

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

No and HeLL NO !!!!!!! I'm tired of bringing in rejects. Right now on this time frame I wouldn't bring anybody in, unless it was A HUGE impact player. Like how many of them are out there at this colander time. Right now the draft is where it's at and where it should be.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan View Post
    We have our own draft busts. Don't need Miami's
    No we just let two walk but yeah we don't need another.

This guy would look good

flipping burgers.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Sad that Jarvis has more sacks than a guy drafted ahead of him...

The rest of the draft worked out pretty well though!

TMC and I were arguing on two CB's that season. He liked Desmond Trufant. I liked Xavier Rhodes. I wish we had either of those guys now...