Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor sleeper DB article

Ike Taylor sleeper DB article

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ng-db-sleepers

Definitely worth a read. Four of his five are guys I like later in the draft.

Awuzie was a possible 1st round pick on TMC'S board if they go corner I believe. If they could get edge first round and this guy in the second that would be sweet.

PS. Ike referring to himself as a shut down corner is a touch of an overreach. Some excellent years, yes. Very good career overall. Sure. Shut down. I Wouldn't exactly say that.

Lifetime Member

I like him in round 2...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    PS. Ike referring to himself as a shut down corner is a touch of an overreach. Some excellent years, yes. Very good career overall. Sure. Shut down. I Wouldn't exactly say that.
    With the shit show we've had since he left, and what he did against EVERY other teams number one, there is no doubt in my mind Ike was not only a shut down corner, he was a shut it the fuck down corner. His lack of ints were his only knock.

Joe

The Following 8 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post
    With the shit show we've had since he left, and what he did against EVERY other teams number one, there is no doubt in my mind Ike was not only a shut down corner, he was a shut it the fuck down corner. His lack of ints were his only knock.

Joe
    You bet. Ike was the man. Just bad football catching hands.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by t-man View Post

Joe
    Ike had some very up and down years. In fact one of the biggest things you could say about Tomlin was that he resurrected Ike's carreer from what looked like the scrap heap. Ike was a great player. If you and he want to apply the term shut down OK. For starters this defense has played far too much zone for me to make that statement.

go Watt or Mcinneley rnd 1 eithier can line and rush from the edge or from the mlb spot timmons used to.
    De/DT rnd 2 Wormley/ Jones/ Tomlinson
    rnd 3 get a CB and 1 QB
    CB prospects that fit IKe Langley Lamar Witherspoon at 6"3 he ran a 4.45 if he ran that that being that lanky he won't have trouble when dropping and turning his hips, could give us 2 good tall press CB to play man and jam with Burns and Witherspoon, Tankersley is another kid with his size speed could be a CB you pencil in to play opposite of burns for a decade, start in the slot and when ready if Russ needs to be benched you have a faster as tall CB.
    QB I have my sights in the 3-4 (3rd)Webb (Watson 3rd). Webb and (4)
    Kaaya big tall and has big hands, but I think Watson once he makes the adjustment to operating under the C has the tools to be a Brees like QB, mobile, tough, is someone who thrives when the game is on the line. He has the character of a QB who after coming of a title win and a good career at Clemson will have a chip on his shoulder after despite good workouts is slated to fall from a top 15- rnd 2-3.
    Kaaya mobility his poor and he may end up another Landry Jones, good arm, but lousy footwork, Watson is someone who has a much higher ceiling and has shown when he has all the tools around him he can be dangerous both as a passer and as a runner which we have both, a Solid OL and tons of targets to throw.
    Steelers fan since 1997
    Toronto maple Leaf fan since 1989
    Toronto Raptors fan since day 1 1995
    Toronto Blue Jays fan since 1989

There will be a CB available that we should take in RD1. I am almost certain we won't. The only other thing we could possibly pick at 30 that would make me happy is one of the top four QBs. Don't see a DE worthy of RD1 left on the board at 30, so we'll probably pick a TE or WR, and then I can turn the fucking thing off.

Steeler Nation

I believe Ike had a period where he was a shut down corner. 2008 was his best season played tons of great QBs with top WRs and he always shut them down.
    RIP CK

Sure he had his inconsistent moments. I am sure most shutdown corners have.

But overall I believe he was worthy of being tagged that.

I don't think we should confuse shutdown corner with ball-hawk, two different monsters.
    Last edited by slashsteel; 04-03-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Awuzie was a possible 1st round pick on TMC'S board if they go corner I believe. If they could get edge first round and this guy in the second that would be sweet.
    Where can I find this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    Where can I find this board?
    Q&A thread has a lot of in-depth TMC draft coverage...........
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

With this draft being pretty deep at edge and CB I would prefer if all things are equal going edge first as it is a bigger need (IMO) and then coming back at CB in round two or three. And if the value wasn't there with any of those picks I wouldn't be upset getting Tabor and Kazee in the 4th and 5th if the value at CB wasn't there early. In fact I think Tabor is going to drop like a stone and 5th might be early for him.

One of Ike's best plays was an interception in XL.

Ike had some very up and down years. In fact one of the biggest things you could say about Tomlin was that he resurrected Ike's carreer from what looked like the scrap heap. Ike was a great player. If you and he want to apply the term shut down OK. For starters this defense has played far too much zone for me to make that statement.
    Ike was allowed to play man while everyone else played zone I believe
    Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”

I hope not, I'd love to have him in round two!
    A 7th ring will come after Tomlin leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    I believe Ike had a period where he was a shut down corner. 2008 was his best season played tons of great QBs with top WRs and he always shut them down.
    Ike was so good even he couldn't catch a ball thrown his way.

Quote Originally Posted by antdrewjosh View Post
    Ike was allowed to play man while everyone else played zone I believe
    I've coached a fair amount of football and I'm sure that concept exists. However, it is contrary to the the basic principals. It would be like one less guy in your zone because he could be vacated by the guy who he covers. Not saying impossible, but certainly not a regular defense.

I've coached a fair amount of football and I'm sure that concept exists. However, it is contrary to the the basic principals. It would be like one less guy in your zone because he could be vacated by the guy who he covers. Not saying impossible, but certainly not a regular defense.
    I thought I heard announcers say that or read it but I could be wrong. It's been a minute

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”