Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The player to make our nickel shine in this draft

Most INtelligent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Baker isn't going in round one, even TMC knows that. Melinfowu is better at covering the Tight Ends, as he's 6'4" tall. With many gifted TE pass catchers, Melinfonwu has a lot of value. And he's not a smallish guy at all. With Baker you worry about injury issues. He's not a Bob Sanders type of talent, but he plays that way.

It would be funny if the Steelers do pick Melinfonwu in round one. I'd take Watt or Ross before him if both were on the board.
    find a post where TMC stated Baker was going in round 1 or stop implying that he has. He has stated he would go ahead of the other guy you keep pimping, but not what round that would be....

Quote Originally Posted by coach
    I take it easy on ya pal, I don't want you to run away again....but I will bump some stuff after the 2017 draft, but for now I will NOT re-post your draft observations, some of which were comical misses.

Keep up the good work!
    keep this idiotic bullshit going and you will not be here any more....enough people have re-posted your thoughts on Burns and Davis, so no need to do that again...much less your thoughts on Troy when he was selected....

no one who tries to evaluate talent is always correct.....but few are as wrong as often as you are....

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post
    find a post where TMC stated Baker was going in round 1 or stop implying that he has. He has stated he would go ahead of the other guy you keep pimping, but not what round that would be....

keep this idiotic bullshit going and you will not be here any more....enough people have re-posted your thoughts on Burns and Davis, so no need to do that again...much less your thoughts on Troy when he was selected....

no one who tries to evaluate talent is always correct.....but few are as wrong as often as you are....
    I know Coach loves to troll. But he is coming across like a big dickhead as of late. Not sure if it is jealousy over TMCs knowledge that he brings to the table or that he is starving for attention or both.

But Coach for the love of got damn it mane, bring it down a level or two.

You are trying too hard..............
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolieMan View Post

Hey Cooile,

I didn't throw the first stone here and since its Easter maybe you should reflect a bit.
    A 7th ring will come after Tomlin leaves.

Hey Cooile,

I didn't throw the first stone here and since its Easter maybe you should reflect a bit.
    yinz trolled up the thread so yeah you threw the first stone.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

Hey Cooile,

Pot...Kettle...

It wasn't Easter when Coolie posted that. Today is.

You continue to poke everyone here with insight. Either keep up and provide your own insight (which you are capable of), or remain silent.

Reflect on that please.

Coach couldn't even run away poop from the board

Baker isn't going in round one, even TMC knows that. Melinfowu is better at covering the Tight Ends, as he's 6'4" tall. With many gifted TE pass catchers, Melinfonwu has a lot of value. And he's not a smallish guy at all. With Baker you worry about injury issues. He's not a Bob Sanders type of talent, but he plays that way.

It would be funny if the Steelers do pick Melinfonwu in round one. I'd take Watt or Ross before him if both were on the board.
    You suspect Baker isn't going in round one, only a pure idiot would make that statement with 100% certainty. Oh, wait. Melinfonwu is fine covering TEs. He just struggles in zone, struggles against quicker WRs, and struggles to read plays. Why would anyone worry about issues with Baker? He has started every game but one since coming to Washington. He started as a freshman, missed a start in 2015, then started every game last year. No injury history other than going in concussion protocol in 2015. Maybe his head is too big.

As for it being funny if they pick Melinfonwu, won't be funny to me because I want guys that can do multiple things in a defense, and he cannot. He is a $backer or box safety only that is slow to react. He is big and athletic, shit, so was Taylor Mays. Blah. You continue to do what you have always done, read bios, watch highlights, check the combine numbers...never learning, never evolving.

Patterson is a pro bowl kick return man, hardly a bust TMC.

He has five TD's as a return man and 24 returns of 40 yards or more. You do the math, the man can take one to the house or set the offense up with a short field.

He has also rushed for 4 touchdowns and caught 7

Not bad for 4 years in the NFL.

The Steelers would have been better off taking him over Jarivs Jones who was a F'n BUST and you know it.

On our team with Ben, Patterson would have shined more as a receiver.

I take it easy on ya pal, I don't want you to run away again....but I will bump some stuff after the 2017 draft, but for now I will NOT re-post your draft observations, some of which were comical misses.

Keep up the good work!
    So, now the bar for a first round pick is playing special teams. Shit, Shamarko Thomas did that.....Patterson blows. His poor second contract backs that up.

As for me running away, you were gone, what, a decade? That is rich.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    So, now the bar for a first round pick is playing special teams. Shit, Shamarko Thomas did that.....Patterson blows. His poor second contract backs that up.

As for me running away, you were gone, what, a decade? That is rich.
    http://gph.is/28SGQbX

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    You suspect Baker isn't going in round one, only a pure idiot would make that statement with 100% certainty. Oh, wait. Melinfonwu is fine covering TEs. He just struggles in zone, struggles against quicker WRs, and struggles to read plays. Why would anyone worry about issues with Baker? He has started every game but one since coming to Washington. He started as a freshman, missed a start in 2015, then started every game last year. No injury history other than going in concussion protocol in 2015. Maybe his head is too big.

As for it being funny if they pick Melinfonwu, won't be funny to me because I want guys that can do multiple things in a defense, and he cannot. He is a $backer or box safety only that is slow to react. He is big and athletic, shit, so was Taylor Mays. Blah. You continue to do what you have always done, read bios, watch highlights, check the combine numbers...never learning, never evolving.
    You said you'd take Baker in round one. If you think this will happen, I'll still offer the avatar bet.

By the way, I was anti-Taylor Mays, swing and miss again!

Should I bump some of your past evaluations for a laugh? Keep trolling and I think I might.

You said Rivers won't even be able to play in the NFL! As it stands when his career ends he will be good enough to be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Pot...Kettle...

It wasn't Easter when Coolie posted that. Today is.

You continue to poke everyone here with insight. Either keep up and provide your own insight (which you are capable of), or remain silent.

Reflect on that please.
    I never said he did post it then. My post was on easter.

Most INtelligent Poster

You said you'd take Baker in round one. If you think this will happen, I'll still offer the avatar bet.

Should I bump some of your past evaluations for a laugh? Keep trolling and I think I might.

You said Rivers won't even be able to play in the NFL! As it stands when his career ends he will be good enough to be considered for the Pro Football Hall of Fame
    strike 2

start bumping threads and guess what happens......

Most INtelligent Poster

oh and no fucking way Rivers has a serious shot at the HOF.....

And you stated, on the very first post of THIS thread, that Melinfonwu could be the compromise pick in round 1. So, grow some fuzzy hair on those nuts and make the bet on Melinfonwu in round 1.

Go ahead and bump whatever you like, but be ready, because I know all your alter egos Joel.

Gil Brandt just posted his top 150 players for this draft, has Baker as the 55th best player.

Obi Melinfonwu is a 3rd rounder.

Steeler Nation

There isn't anything to bump. The board reset 3 years ago. Lol.

Take it down a notch or you can take a vacation, Coach.
    RIP CK

Somebody is jealous LMAO. Don't worry coach nobody post more miscellaneous redundant threads like you. You're still no 1
    Last edited by antdrewjosh; 04-17-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Asked to describe the ideal captain, Polamalu said, “Those that walk out for the coin toss at the lowB repuS.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan81 View Post
    There isn't anything to bump. The board reset 3 years ago. Lol.

Take it down a notch or you can take a vacation, Coach.
    Nah, you can still google things. The 2016 Steelers mock draft is still out there where I took Billings, Burns, Justin Simmons, Jatavis Brown, Dadi Nicolas, Trae Elston, and Ken Crawley.

I'm not ashamed of that. I missed big on Billings. I'm not sweating the next three. We drafted Burns. Simmons looks like a future starter. Brown is a beast. Nicolas dressed for 11 games with KC (and we know about their OLBs). Elston is with the Browns, never touched the field. Ken Crawley dressed for 15 games, started 5, had 40 tackles and 8 passes defensed. I'll take that draft now. The only place I lose is Billings vs Hargrave and I win with Brown and Crawley. In fact, we have 2 starting corners with that draft.

I also gave you something on the 3rd/4th rounds that listed Sean Davis (1st guy on the list above Justin Simmons) and also had Jerald Hawkins. Were there misses on that list? Sure, but I am not afraid of being wrong, unlike Cooch.

I'd rather everyone put all the cards on the table anyway. If someone needs to get something out, have at it.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Esteemed Throbbing Member

dude. you said one of the greatest Steelers to ever play wouldn't last long and was a terrible pick due to his freakishly large head size and the distance from his head to the ground. yet you want to chide and deride? you fucking base your shitty opinions off highlights you see while waiting for your drink at the bar.

stfu already.

I love how you say you're going to bring up TMC's past opinions for a "good laugh." When we need a good laugh, we just bring up strikeouts from over the years. Keep watching your highlights, dude.