Thread: Dan Rooney has died..

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post

A giant among Men of Steel.

RIP Mr. Rooney

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

God bless Mr Rooney. It is truly a sad day for steeler nation

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Steeler Nation mobile app

The Following User Likes This Post:

RIP Mr. Rooney. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to making our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers one of the NFL's best! An entire Nation mourns the loss! RIP!

In his day and age... it is rare to find a man so universally respected. If you were not related to him (addressing him as Dad, Grandpa, Uncle, etc.), you called him Mr. Rooney. Players, legends, coaches, fellow owners, fans... everyone referred to him as Mr. Rooney. Consider this... how many people in your life are addressed in a similar fashion? Much of this is not based on accomplishments and career success. He is revered for the kind of man he was. Well done.

A sad day in the Nation

RIP

My two trips to watch Steelers games, I was as excited to see and take pictures of Mr. Rooney as
    I was the players during pre game warmups. RIP sir ��

I was born in 1972. Every since the first time I heard the name Rooney, there has been nothing but respect attached to the name by the masses. Let's hope that Art Jr. makes his grandfather and father proud. R.I.P Mr. Rooney. Job well done sir..

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diver View Post
    Links.

As I get older, one of the many things I realize is that when people like this die, we lose another link to the past, to the way it was. I am not saying one time was or is better than another, but they each have their own characteristics. We lose a little bit more of that as these older generations pass.

What a class man. The world feels like a lesser place.
    I hear you. I'm 27, but this feels like an identity loss right now. Sad. I'm wearing a Steelers hat all week in Mr. Rooney's honor. Cannot say it enough. But RIP and a big thank you for making the Steelers organization a big part of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rings View Post
    I was born in 1972. Every since the first time I heard the name Rooney, there has been nothing but respect attached to the name by the masses. Let's hope that Art Jr. makes his grandfather and father proud. R.I.P Mr. Rooney. Job well done sir..
    I was born in 1971. The Rooneys have been doing good for a long long time. Dan is the man. Good people all around.

Most INtelligent Poster

R.I.P. Mr Rooney.....the game will not be the same....

Cope, Noll, and now Dan... the greatest era of steeler leadersare lost to historynow...,and yess i am drunk .. sad sad day

I've already expressed my condolence so this isn't me being callouse just curious. Will there be ownership issues now? Who is in line after Art 2?

Steeler Nation

The Steelers have never played a game without Dan Rooney.
    RIP CK

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

RIP Mr. Rooney!! Sad day for Steelers Nation.
    As others have mentioned a total class act.

This just sucks, when I think Steelers I immediately think of him.

The words I associate with Mr Rooney are class, respect and humanity. I can only hope that's what others think of me one day.

RIP Mr Rooney and my condolences to those that had the privilege to know him.

Good-bye to a great owner, a great ambassador, and a great person.

As if this team doesn't have enough to play for. Put this at the top of the bulletin board. Nothing else matters but keeping the legacy of Mr. Rooney living on. And, nothing would do that better than winning another championship with him watching from heaven with his Dad.

Dan Rooney was Captain of the ship during the golden age of the Pittsburgh Steelers, as well as the NFL. I hope his legacy will remain as an example of how to run a sports franchise.
    You lost. Get over it.

RIP he was as down to earth with the fans as everyone else..he and The Bus are my 2 greatest memories on trips out for games as both were as down to earth as any of us..I was staying at the Hilton ( I know its not the Hilton now) and was walking back to the hotel after hanging out in town with my wife. As we walked to the doors saw a black Benz pulling up to the door and out stepped Mr Rooney..there was no one around outside but he the doorman and my wife and I ..I of course was decked out in Steelers garb...he waited at the door talking to the doorman as we came to the doorway he actually included us in the conversation he was having asked questions about family ,where we were from,what I thought of the team ..thanked us for supporting the team (like there would be any other)..walked into the lobby still talking about things..shook his hand and thanked him for taking the time to talk to us...his response was as you would expect...We wouldn't be here with out our fans.

The Following 10 Users Like This Post: