Thread: Questions about Fan Blitz

Questions about Fan Blitz

Hello everyone and Happy Easter! I was looking for a little info from those that have been before about the Fan Blitz on draft weekend which I am going to for the first time this year. I was wondering about the typical crowd size and specifically, lines for player auto's. In pics I've seen from past years, they don't look that bad, even for the new draft picks from rounds 1-3 that are there. But a friend of mine who has gone before said they were pretty bad. I know in past years if a player was signing at a game the lines were long. Like Barry Foster last year, I never made it to the front. I really don't want to spend all day standing in lines. And also, with the tables they are sitting at, is it even possible to get pics taken with them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and.../FanBlitz.html

Expect long lines for any Steelers event.

Autographs are hit and miss no matter where you go as well.

Go expecting to have long line and few signatures, and you should have fun not having high expectations.
    in order to shine a light so bright, darkness must be present

I haven't been there in many years, but I would imagine it is not as well attended since the Commish screwed the whole draft up by making it a 3 day event starting on Thursday.

Lifetime

Blog Entries
    It's been a few years since we did it but Dom used to have a draft day tailgate outside Heinz Field, some of the SN locals would turn up, and I'd make pancakes for breakfast.
    Frankly I never cared about getting autographs and besides, the only ones who show up for that are guys like Joe Schlabotnick the backup long snapper, you don't get Ben, Maurkice, and AB.

*EDIT*
    I just checked the date and that day I'll be on my way to the NASCAR race in Richmond.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 04-16-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    "It is not the multitude of ale houses that occasions a disposition toward drunkenness among the common people; Rather that disposition arising from other causes necessarily gives employment to a multitude of ale houses." -- Adam Smith, 1776.

Steeler Nation

Lines are usually very long, but I haven't been there in years. The one year we waited 4 hours to get to the front of the line. Thankfully my dad stood in the line while I roamed around. I was probably 14 or 15.
    RIP CK

Thanks for the info!

I was more interested in checking out the locker room, great Hall, getting on the field then getting auto graphs, but the lines seemed decent sized from what I saw. If you have younger kids 3-12 or so, the East Club lounge us great for them with a bunch of air things to jump and play in.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I was more interested in checking out the locker room, great Hall, getting on the field then getting auto graphs, but the lines seemed decent sized from what I saw. If you have younger kids 3-12 or so, the East Club lounge us great for them with a bunch of air things to jump and play in.
    Yeah, I would definitely agree with that if I had never been there before but I've been in the Great Hall many times and been in the locker room and on the edge of the field before when i did a tour of Heinz. I highly recommend doing that to anyone that hasn't. Doesn't cost much and you get to see everything

Yes, lines are usually long. More of a day to get the stadium experience than for autographs. It's a good time though. The DD tailgates were fun.