Alcoa Corp. moving headquarters back to Pittsburgh
Turning blue states red!
Alcoa Corp. announced Wednesday afternoon that the company's North Shore office will soon serve as its global headquarters again, a decade after its predecessor Alcoa Inc. left for New York City.
The move restores Alcoa's global headquarters to a Pittsburgh office that has essentially been split in half after the original company spun out Alcoa in order to create the newly formed public company Arconic (NYSE: ARNC), which also operates out of the North Shore building. Arconic, which is headquartered in New York City, lost its CEO, former Alcoa Chairman and CEO Klaus Kleinfeld, in a corporate shakeup earlier this week.
While the company has always maintained a significant presence in the region, Alcoa's decision to bring its headquarters back to the city in which it was first launched re-establishes some bragging rights for Pittsburgh.
The company's 2016 revenue of more than $9.3 billion puts it among the Pittsburgh area's five largest public companies.
The Following 4 Users Like This Post:
Thank You President Trump!
The Following User Likes This Post:
I loved the Alcoa "fantastic finishes" and "you make the call" commercials in the 80's.
Originally Posted by oicu8ad
William Shatner as a Nazi!
1. Trump had nothing to do with this.
Originally Posted by Stewey
2. Alcoa is streamlining operations,there will be no new jobs created.
3. Alcoa will be moving a total of......yes wait for it......10... TEN!....jobs from New York to Pittsburgh.
4. Your president is still a worthless incompetent buffoon, whether in matters of the economy or foreign policy.
5. That impeachment pie is still cooking and will be DELICIOUS! We just added a little Carter Page asking for immunity from prosecution last week to sweeten it a little. Mmmmmmm.....mmmm!