• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So we start another hockey season....

Thu, Oct 8 @Dallas 8:30 PM
Sat, Oct 10 @Arizona 10:00 PM
Tue, Oct 13 vsMontreal 7:00 PM
Thu, Oct 15 vsOttawa 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct 17 vsToronto 7:00 PM
Tue, Oct 20 vsFlorida 7:00 PM
Thu, Oct 22 vsDallas 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct 24 @Nashville 8:00 PM
Wed, Oct 28 @Washington 8:00 PM
Thu, Oct 29 vsBuffalo 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct 31 @Toronto 7:00 PM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Let's Go Pens!!!
Phil the Thrill

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
So, Dupuis is out 4-5 weeks and they sent Maata to WBS???

Also, heard Max Talbot was cut from Beantown. I wonder if he'd come back for peanuts to fill a grinder/pest role.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So, Dupuis is out 4-5 weeks and they sent Maata to WBS???

Also, heard Max Talbot was cut from Beantown. I wonder if he'd come back for peanuts to fill a grinder/pest role.

Maatta was just sent down for salary cap purposes, by maximizing cost on the active roster before you LTIR people, you can circumvent the cap for the full amount with LTIR contracts. Its a common NHL move. he will be up for the regular season.

Dupuis was more or less playing a 4th line role on this team anyhow. Farnham will play the pest role.

The big question will be how good is Sprong going to be, and if he deserves it, will they keep him past the 9 day maximum? There were scouts that rated him among the top offensive guys this draft, and this draft had several franchise caliber talents.

The lesser question is will they really try to use Lovejoy and Scuderi on this defense or will they go with mostly younger unproven guys... they have a ton of other team's high picks that didn't pan out who all looked real good in the preseason

The final Question is whether Chris Kunitz is done... he has looked old on the ice for over a year and a half now... he past the age most hockey players drop off a cliff and he still seems to be getting premium minutes... he was, at best, the 11th or 12th best forward in the preseason despite playing a ton with Crosby and Kessel... several other players showed a lot more... The Pens have a terrible track record of not moving on from older vets... is this another case?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Lovejoy and Scudes should be gone.....if anything could be gotten for them, do it. IMO, the youngn's would be a liability just as those two are. But the difference is the young guys are still learning, growing and potentially getting better.

Reactions: MTC

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
Pissed I didnt reallize that they opened in Dallas. ****. I will be listening on the radio. Keeping up with the Stros and the Penguins tonight. No NFL on.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Wild opener for Wild. Down 4 to 1 going into the third, Wild score four goals to win 5 - 4. Zack Parise with the Hat.

In other news, same old Pens.

Spike

Reaction score
Pens lose - season over

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Pretty fugly effort.....have these guys ever met one another? Don't tell me they've practiced and played a pre season together.....I aint buyin.

Spike

Reaction score
What do you expect with Lovejoy and Scuderi as your top D men on the PK

ark steel

Reaction score
Pretty fugly effort.....have these guys ever met one another? Don't tell me they've practiced and played a pre season together.....I aint buyin.

Lightning seemed to have a lot of passes that were just off of the mark. Commentators mentioned that most of the starters hardly played in the preseason so they could get good looks at the young guys.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
How did Phyllis do? Did she backcheck at all?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lovejoy and Scudes should be gone.....if anything could be gotten for them, do it. IMO, the youngn's would be a liability just as those two are. But the difference is the young guys are still learning, growing and potentially getting better.

Agree both are slow and a liability on defense

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lightning seemed to have a lot of passes that were just off of the mark. Commentators mentioned that most of the starters hardly played in the preseason so they could get good looks at the young guys.

That's more coaching than anything. Jon Cooper is an awesome dude and will put a great product on the ice. Wish he was coaching the Pens. I like Johnstons approach and he focuses on improving players weaknesses. But he's too...passive per se

Also got to remember is Tampa plays a faster type of hockey compared to most teams

Rod Farva

Reaction score
How did Phyllis do? Did she backcheck at all?

Right now he's all they have.

I've never done this before......had a "2nd favorite" team. In any sport. TB is rapidly becoming my first of those.....love everything about them and the way they play.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
At this rate, if they continue to score one more goal a game, by game #82, they should win 81-to-something. Go Pens!

Oh and Sid, it's alright to shoot the puck. No shots in two games is not sexy.

Reactions: MTC

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Niemi has more points in one game than our entire team has in two games. Something is terribly wrong. Too much talent to only have one damn goal.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Niemi has more points in one game than our entire team has in two games. Something is terribly wrong. Too much talent to only have one damn goal.

Johnston will not last past Thanksgiving if this team doesn't jell. Mike Smith made some great saves to be fair, but .5 GPG will not get it done. Maybe they turn it around and look like the 80's Oilers, but with all the moves and trades, Rutherford should go with Johnston. This team can either be great or a major disappointment. Time will tell.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like this is something new. This has been going on since January. If not for a 22-6-4 start last year, I doubt they make the playoffs. How long does Johnson get? I don't think he makes it out of October if things don't turn quickly. This division, top to bottom, it way too stacked to fool around looking for chemistry that pre-season should have provided to some degree. These guys look like they just met on Thursday.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Crazy talent. Free style hockey. Johnston needs to get these guys together pronto. Disco Dan would of been 2-0 right now

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Wild are 2 - 0 after beating the Blues. Zack has four goals already. Fun team to watch, built on speed and skill.

Pens picking up where they left off last season.

Spike

Reaction score
Habs at home Tuesday night - Price with a shutout?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.