• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Emmanuel Sanders on NFL Gameday

Cras108er

Reaction score
Being a leader speaks to your influence in the locker room. I’m not sure you can reduce it to a comment on a radio program.

Some people have “it” others don’t. It appears as though Ben may not. Doesn’t make him a bad QB, just means he doesn’t have that intangible quality.

I’ve seen Polamalu’s name mentioned as one of the former leaders. Actually, I’ve heard that he also wasn’t much of a leader. He pretty much stuck to him self, and let his play on the field speak for itself.

People who I have heard had a strong locker room presence were Bettis, Ward, Porter, Farrior, Foote, and Clark. There may be others

Heyward and Pouncey’s names are often mentioned as the leaders on today’s team, but I’m not sure how much influence they actually have, which is evidenced by how fractured the team is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Being a leader speaks to your influence in the locker room. I’m not sure you can reduce it to a comment on a radio program.

Some people have “it” others don’t. It appears as though Ben may not. Doesn’t make him a bad QB, just means he doesn’t have that intangible quality.

I’ve seen Polamalu’s name mentioned as one of the former leaders. Actually, I’ve heard that he also wasn’t much of a leader. He pretty much stuck to him self, and let his play on the field speak for itself.

People who I have heard had a strong locker room presence were Bettis, Ward, Porter, Farrior, Foote, and Clark. There may be others

Heyward and Pouncey’s names are often mentioned as the leaders on today’s team, but I’m not sure how much influence they actually have, which is evidenced by how fractured the team is right now.

It only appears that to Tomlin apologists Crash,the rest of the fans know he has won two SBs and been to three.He is talented enough to get the team back and win it.

If there was people around him that were the leaders they are supposed to be we, wouldn't be having this conversation.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who the **** is "Emanuel sanders" and what relevance does he have to this current team, the PITTSBURGH STEELERS??????

Salute the nation

Cras108er

Reaction score
It only appears that to Tomlin apologists Crash,the rest of the fans know he has won two SBs and been to three.He is talented enough to get the team back and win it.

If there was people around him that were the leaders they are supposed to be we, wouldn't be having this conversation.

What’s your point? I simply said he wasn’t one of the visible leaders. Doesn’t means he’s not a great QB. And what does that have to do with Tomlin? Sounds like someone is obsessed.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What’s your point? I simply said he wasn’t one of the visible leaders. Doesn’t means he’s not a great QB. And what does that have to do with Tomlin? Sounds like someone is obsessed.

My point is your points never involve Tomlin. It has to be Ben isn't the leader he needs to be, couldn't be Tomlin isn't the leader he needs to be.

Ben leading the league in passing, I think that is a visible leader. He makes the WRs better, and when they leave there is a noticeable drop off.

He leads with his performance on the field.

You are right there is a obsession. Me with wanting another ring, and you with blaming everyone but who needs to be blamed.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

What does AB acting like an immature ******* have to do with Ben? None of this **** was talked about until AB decided to act like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Cras108er

Reaction score
I don’t know, but guys who have actually been in the locker room seem to think that strong veteran leadership is pretty important. They’re the ones who have brought Ben’s name into the discussion.

Notice that even when Cowher was here, there was talk about strong veteran leadership in the locker room (which is different from on field performance).

I’ve never heard Ben’s name mentioned as one of the strong voices in the locker room. I think he takes on that role by default, in the absence of other strong voices and does the best he can in that capacity, but I’m not sure it’s his natural gift.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know, but guys who have actually been in the locker room seem to think that strong veteran leadership is pretty important. They’re the ones who have brought Ben’s name into the discussion.

Notice that even when Cowher was here, there was talk about strong veteran leadership in the locker room (which is different from on field performance).

I’ve never heard Ben’s name mentioned as one of the strong voices in the locker room. I think he takes on that role by default, in the absence of other strong voices and does the best he can in that capacity, but I’m not sure it’s his natural gift.

Yeah let Ben take a stronger voice role in the locker room.

L O L

The prima donna's can barely handle constructive criticism as it is.

Ben's natural gift is winning, being a winner. Fall in line and do your job and STFU there is no problems.

BTW many of teams the head coach is that strong voice in the locker room, or is Tomlin not allowed to have that job>?

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score

Two guys have mentioned it. Sanders basically sounds like he just needs his *** kissed 24/7 by the QB.
Again where is Tomlin in all of this if leadership is important, he should be the one that actually leads.

Tom Brady was yelling at his own wr while up 28-7 today, all QBs do that.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain exactly what a good leader is

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who are these "guys" you keep mentioning?
We know Harrison is a malcontent and he's gonna bash the Steelers at every opportunity. We also know this is entirely Tomlin's fault for lying to him and influencing him to work his *** off an entire off-season so Tomlin could use him as an insurance policy.
We know that Sanders left unhappy because he was the 3rd man in a 3-man race. And, in fairness - he left when Roethlisberger WAS less mature. So maybe Ben WAS a dick to him.
As for Brown, I get that he's frustrated. He is a highly motivated guy and his love-language is words of affirmation. He NEEDS to be told he's special and the best. If he doesn't get a constant fix, he feels completely unloved.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. If Ben isn't a leader - who cares? He's not MEANT to be their leader. They are SUPPOSED to have a guy for that. Tomlin just happens to suck at his job.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tunch and Wolf say that it is Ben's locker room. He is the clear cut leader even down to the music that is played in there. I don't think Ben gets enough respect from the media or players. People go out of their way to kowtow to Brees, Marsha and Rodgers...but you never hear these guys say how good Ben is.

Ben might be as big of a prima donna as Marsha...so what. He ******* wins and he stopped embarrassing the Steelers a long time ago.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Rivers giving the refs an earful....yelled you stole the game lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rivers talks more trash than any QB ever. Hilarious.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Brady was throwing his hands up in the air and shaking his head toward their young wr today when they were up 3 scores, he must be a horrible leader

And a cheating ****...he must be the goat. Yeah, I know he's smart and has fantastic mechanics...and they're a bunch of cheating ****s.

Anybody need another potent IPA? I know I do.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
And a cheating ****...he must be the goat. Yeah, I know he's smart and has fantastic mechanics...and they're a bunch of cheating ****s.

Anybody need another potent IPA? I know I do.
I totally agree with this. Ben would get killed for doing that on the field.

ark steel

Reaction score
Who the **** is "Emanuel sanders" and what relevance does he have to this current team, the PITTSBURGH STEELERS??????

Salute the nation

About the same as a disgruntled former LB?

Former player shots on Tomlin. Gospel.
Former player shots on Ben. Irrelevant, stupid, ulterior motives, etc., etc.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Only for some,.I blamed Harrison all the way.

Doesn't take away that I feel we need a new coach. But yeah.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Brady was throwing his hands up in the air and shaking his head toward their young wr today when they were up 3 scores, he must be a horrible leader

Maybe,......... but he's a GREAT ******* cheater.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Who is taking all these "shots" on tomlin.....................sensitive much???

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Raises hand... Waves it in the air...

I hear yaz,,....or I mean see's yaz........ Some of these guys act like TOMLIN is untouchable and above the problem when in reality he is contributing to the problem.!!!!

Salute the nation