• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

last WR spot

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
from the looks it will come down to Cain Switzer and Darboh
as 1-4 are locked with us leaning toward carrying 3 te I think we only carry 5 WR
1 juju 2 Thompson 3 Claypool 4 Washington 5 up for grabs i really don't want Ben's friendship influence to keep Switz as he has done nothing, Cain is bigger and faster and can draw PI on deep passes as he has flash speed. Darboh was a 3rd rnd pick by Seattle with good size and hands that has bounced around since last yr PS maybe working with a proper QB will help as that back up and 3rd string qb jobs will be intense,
Switzer has shown nothing as a returner and for the slot Washington is really evolving running in th, Darboh was a good wr at UM big and physical made some tremendous 1 hand highlight catches from a lousy QB play.
Lynch has not given up and I think in terms of talent and attributes despite the good game from Devlin I think lynch has better upside even at 27, taller, more mobile and a great arm, needs serious time with a oc but has a chip after being fed to wolves on a terrible broncos team and expected to replace Manning.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
as 1-4 are locked with us leaning toward carrying 3 te I think we only carry 5 WR
1 juju 2 Thompson pretty sure you mean JOHNSON 3 Claypool 4 Washington 5 up for grabs i really don't want Ben's friendship influence to keep Switz as he has done nothing, Cain is bigger and faster and can draw PI on deep passes as he has flash speed. Darboh was a 3rd rnd pick by Seattle with good size and hands that has bounced around since last yr PS maybe working with a proper QB will help as that back up and 3rd string qb jobs will be intense,
Switzer has shown nothing as a returner and for the slot Washington is really evolving running in th, Darboh was a good wr at UM big and physical made some tremendous 1 hand highlight catches from a lousy QB play.
Lynch has not given up and I think in terms of talent and attributes despite the good game from Devlin I think lynch has better upside even at 27, taller, more mobile and a great arm, needs serious time with a oc but has a chip after being fed to wolves on a terrible broncos team and expected to replace Manning.

I thought I'd heard Switzarmyknife was playing injured last year. If he is healed and makes it on an HONEST TC evaluation than more power to him. CAIN is who should take that roster spot. I thin k BEN knows his end is near and wants the best talent available, regardless of friendship. I truly hope if 1/2 blade tackle Switz is kept that it's NOT because of BEN's feelings for him. That goes for the coaches too if they let BEN influence into keeping lesser talent then Hall of SHAME for them.

Dieonte Johnson is going to lite it up this year drawing coverage from someone else so JuJu / James W. / TEs are gunnA be big.

Salute the nation

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
1 juju 2 Thompson 3 Claypool 4 Washington 5 up for grabs i really don't want Ben's friendship influence to keep Switz as he has done nothing, Cain is bigger and faster and can draw PI on deep passes as he has flash speed. Darboh was a 3rd rnd pick by Seattle with good size and hands that has bounced around since last yr PS maybe working with a proper QB will help as that back up and 3rd string qb jobs will be intense,

Thompson? Johnson maybe? Washington will be ahead of Claypool on that list this year for sure.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm pickin' a 5th WR, it would be Cain. So long Switz - thanks for the work.

The J's Gang (JuJu, James (W.) and (D.)Johnson) are gonna go off with Ben back.

Last edited:

Muddler

Reaction score
Yeah, of those three, reserve my spot on the Cain Train. He's the more talented and he showed pretty well in limited action last year. Alas, I'll believe it when I see it. I think it will be Switzer; Friend of Ben, Return man, dedicated slot WR. IMO its his job to lose.

SteveA

Reaction score
Washington will be ahead of Claypool on that list this year for sure.

I don't think for very long...Here's the thing, Washington hasn't shown enough steady improvement to convince me that would be true. His college tape showed grabbing 50-50 balls & outmuscling people...So far, in the NFL we Steeler fans have seen maybe 3-5 of those catchesk he went up & got air mostly oin his 2 years...Washington has done NOTHING...sorry, he hasn't. I had high hopes for him, but unless there is a big step forward, he drops down on the depth chart immediately within the first half of season

This Claypool kid is gonna be solid from day 1. Why? You don't have to teach length & speed. Washington, has struggled because of his size & so-so speed. Claypool will "make plays" immediately on sheer natural talent, because he is "much" longer than these CB's...This kid is gonna be a nightmare for DB's...An absolute NIGHTMARE, from Day 1

If there is a Day 1

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Claypool was taken partially with JuJu in mind being in a contract year and partially with Washington's struggles. As far as who gets the short straw I will go with Cain. I think Ben likes Switz in the slot not that that it is my preference. I also think Cain gets caught up in a logjam at the position. Claypool probably will be the cause of Cain ultimately being on the outside looking in.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Saeed Blacknall as a possibility.. lots of big play ability there

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a dream a couple of nights ago that they were trying to shop Washington. That's pretty weird. Must of been my sleep meds taking over.

Pollardo40

Reaction score
I don’t think keeping 3 TEs has an impact on how many WRs we keep. Traditionally, there are 6 receivers + 3 tight ends. They won’t be comfortable with 5 WRs going in. Now the new practice squad rule may impact it, bringing up a return man weekly. But personally I believe 6 will be kept.

1. Juju
2. Diontae
3. Washington
4. Claypool
Those 4 are locks. #5-6 would be the fights. I think cain grabs a spot, then the other 3 names fighting are Blacknell, darboh, Switz. My heart says Switz but the other 2 really could push.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Don't forget Saeed Blacknall as a possibility.. lots of big play ability there

Kareem_Said.jpg

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I expect them to keep 6 and believe Cain and Switzer are the early favorites.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think for very long...Here's the thing, Washington hasn't shown enough steady improvement to convince me that would be true. His college tape showed grabbing 50-50 balls & outmuscling people...So far, in the NFL we Steeler fans have seen maybe 3-5 of those catchesk he went up & got air mostly oin his 2 years...Washington has done NOTHING...sorry, he hasn't. I had high hopes for him, but unless there is a big step forward, he drops down on the depth chart immediately within the first half of season

This Claypool kid is gonna be solid from day 1. Why? You don't have to teach length & speed. Washington, has struggled because of his size & so-so speed. Claypool will "make plays" immediately on sheer natural talent, because he is "much" longer than these CB's...This kid is gonna be a nightmare for DB's...An absolute NIGHTMARE, from Day 1

If there is a Day 1

Washington has absolutely gotten better and showed some good ability. He had some big plays last year with bad QBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteveA

Reaction score
Washington has absolutely gotten better and showed some good ability. He had some big plays last year with bad QBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I guess when I watched him he just wasn't coming up as I wanted...I just looked at his stats & he did have good numbers. I guess I expect more....But, you are right his stats were better than what i saw on the field...I hope he's a beast

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope the midget doesn't make the team again. We have better options.

Yes we. Do but in the event that he does I'd say someone needs to have a SERIOUS talk with the grounds keepers, especially the guy who does the mowing.............

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Quadree Henderson has also been developing, and it's important to understand, if you're keeping 5WRs, they are all active, and most of them better be playing Special Teams:

DJ: Starting Punt returner
JuJu: None
Washington: None
Claypool: Every coverage team

Now the last guys you can select:
Quadree: PR KR
Cain: None
Switz: PR KR Coverage/ Blocking teams
Darboh: All coverage and blocking teams
AJ: 1 KR in college 2017, so essentially no experience.

Swtiz Darboh, and Quad have the inside track IMHO. If they keep 6, Cain may have a shot, but our #6WR will be a gameday inactive until there is an injury to the top 4.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
starters
juju
DJ
washington
Claypool
in 4 and 5 wide claypool will split out wide and juju will slide in i can see

last spot fight it out
switz
Blackwell