• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pirates 2020

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It's finally Opening Day for the Pirates!

Joe Musgrove getting the start against the Cardinals.

Let's go Bucs!

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Musgrove was basically Musgrove. Not bad, but not particularly good either. When he's your number one, you're in trouble

Despite the shortened season and expanded playoff format, I do not give the Pirates much of a chance.

I'm just looking forward to seeing if the likes of Bell, Newman and Reynolds can sustain what they did last season.

In the case of Bell, if he has a big season, there's probably about a 50/50 chance they trade him over the winter. He'll be a free agent in two years and he's a Scott Bora's client, so....

Also, baseball starting mid-Summer is just weird. Not sure if I can get into this season at all.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Musgrove was basically Musgrove. Not bad, but not particularly good either. When he's your number one, you're in trouble

I had the same exact thought, only it was when they showed the Pirates batting order pre game. My comment was, "When Adam Frazier is the 3rd batter in your order and Collin Moran is the 5th batter in your order, you are in trouble".

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I had the same exact thought, only it was when they showed the Pirates batting order pre game. My comment was, "When Adam Frazier is the 3rd batter in your order and Collin Moran is the 5th batter in your order, you are in trouble".

I'm not really sure why Reynolds isn't hitting 3rd. He has more power than Frazier.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
In the case of Bell, if he has a big season, there's probably about a 50/50 chance they trade him over the winter. He'll be a free agent in two years and he's a Scott Bora's client, so....

The team isn't anywhere near contending and Bell will go into FA so we almost have to hope for a monster year and a big (and quality) return in an offseason trade. The MLB roster just isn't very good right now and they need a constant supply of talent in the minor leagues to sustain any kind of success. It doesn't help that the last three big trades--McCutchen, Cole, and Archer--haven't turned out too well for the Pirates.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
0 - 1

I would be shocked if they win over 20 games.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The team isn't anywhere near contending and Bell will go into FA so we almost have to hope for a monster year and a big (and quality) return in an offseason trade. The MLB roster just isn't very good right now and they need a constant supply of talent in the minor leagues to sustain any kind of success. It doesn't help that the last three big trades--McCutchen, Cole, and Archer--haven't turned out too well for the Pirates.

The McCutchen trade hasn't been bad thus far. Reynolds and Crick have both shown promise.

The Cole and Archer trades were disasters, especially the Archer trade.

Losing Meadows and Glasnow was a killer. Those are two players they could have built around.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
0 - 2

A batting T could toss a no-hitter against this team.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
If we do trade Bell we will get garbage in return like usual. I dont know how you can build a team by not keeping any star players. There is really no point in having a baseball team if the owners are not going to put money into it. Id rather go check out the Altoona Curve at this point.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
If we do trade Bell we will get garbage in return like usual. I dont know how you can build a team by not keeping any star players. There is really no point in having a baseball team if the owners are not going to put money into it. Id rather go check out the Altoona Curve at this point.

Ultimately, nothing is going to change until the team is sold.

Bob Nutting can **** a goat while being ****** by a horse for all I care.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Social distance manager vs ump argument

Supersteeler

Reaction score
******* bullpen again. Who else but the Pirates could take a 5-1 lead into the 9th inning and give up 5 runs?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
******* bullpen again. Who else but the Pirates could take a 5-1 lead into the 9th inning and give up 5 runs?

Another game closer to that top pick. Though, this will probably be one of those years the Pirates get a top-5 selection and there's no elite talent.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
2-4....right on track for a 20 win and .333 win percentage. Next 7 games against the 4-2 Cubs and 4-1 Twins. I say they go 2-5.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Ten games in and the worst record in MLB. Already 6 games behind in a little over a week....amazing.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
12 games in. 1/5th of the season done. 2 and 10. Multiply by 5 ...... the Bucs will end the year at 10 and 50. MLB needs to make Nutting sell the team, but it will never happen.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
A $5 bet will win you $800 if the Pirates win the world series.....

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Will the Pirates win 10 games in a 60 games season? I don't know if I would take the over or under on that one. 2 down, 8 to go!

Derek Shelton is probably thinking, "Why in the hell did I take this goddamn job?"