• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tyson v. Roy Jones Jr.!

43Hitman

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't give either of those leeches one dime of my money. Probably be a fixed fight anyways.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I will watch it tyson looks ripped but think cardio will be an issue if he can't hit Jones early.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
It will be more interesting than anything that's happened in boxing in the past decade.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Tyson is a sham fighter and shouldn't be allowed back in the ring after facing Holyfield.

Sad too, because I absolutely loved early Iron Mike.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Tyson is a sham fighter and shouldn't be allowed back in the ring after facing Holyfield.

Sad too, because I absolutely loved early Iron Mike.

It's been like 2 decades, he's been out of boxing basically every since. I think the statute of limitations has passed since the Holyfield fight. And let's face it, he did that to get DQ'd on purpose because he knew he was going to lose.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
It's been like 2 decades, he's been out of boxing basically every since. I think the statute of limitations has passed since the Holyfield fight. And let's face it, he did that to get DQ'd on purpose because he knew he was going to lose.

He and Holyfield buried that hatchet a good while back. Tysons movement has looked outstanding. How.long he can keep that up is beyond me.

To me Jones is the best I've ever seen,but he is a shell of his former self and I don't think his chin can take a clean Tyson shot.

To be honest,this fight has no buisness happening in the first place.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
When is the new fight date?

Nov 28th. I was always a Tyson fan, but these dudes are nuts. They are to old to be taking those kind of hits.
Just for charity, so who knows what we will actually get

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched the weigh in. Tyson 220.4lbs. Jones a jiggly 210lbs

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this goes down. Supposedly there is no scoring and they are not "allowed " to go for a knockout. Either the fight will be a joke or they will say screw the rules and go at it

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Jake Paul knocked Nate Robinson into next week. Robinson was totally clueless.... Total embarrassment for him

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Well Paul has been training boxing for a couple years. He is only 23 and says he takes it seriously. Robinson hasn't been in the nba for a while and has only trained boxing a few months. He looked horrible. All he did was bum rush him and hold. The ref should be fined or suspended. He gave Robinson like a 20 count in round 1. He got knocked down another time in round 2 before the brutal KO.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well Paul has been training boxing for a couple years. He is only 23 and says he takes it seriously. Robinson hasn't been in the nba for a while and has only trained boxing a few months. He looked horrible. All he did was bum rush him and hold. The ref should be fined or suspended. He gave Robinson like a 20 count in round 1. He got knocked down another time in round 2 before the brutal KO.

Paul is still a little choppy. But he does have the advantage in terms of training/prep.
I’m not really fond of the youtube stars boxing exhibitions

I mean it is good money. So gotta give credit for their entrepreneur stuff.
Paul’s brother is actually challenging Mayweather now lol

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Paul is still a little choppy. But he does have the advantage in terms of training/prep.
I’m not really fond of the youtube stars boxing exhibitions

I mean it is good money. So gotta give credit for their entrepreneur stuff.
Paul’s brother is actually challenging Mayweather now lol

A lot of people are making money off of Youtube. Just need something that attracts followers. Easy money. Those kid videos for learning and entertainment get millions of followers and some of them well over 100 million views.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people are making money off of Youtube. Just need something that attracts followers. Easy money. Those kid videos for learning and entertainment get millions of followers and some of them well over 100 million views.

I hope the Mayweather challenge follows through.
Humble these youtube kids

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
And online content is the way now.
It sucks to say, guess we need to adapt or maybe people get bored and we get pre 2010 America back.
Tech truly did change a lot of society

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And online content is the way now.
It sucks to say, guess we need to adapt or maybe people get bored and we get pre 2010 America back.
Tech truly did change a lot of society

I don't see anyway around it. It's really not my cup of tea,but I am forcing myself to adapt.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I hope the Mayweather challenge follows through.
Humble these youtube kids

I think his brother was calling out mayweather. His brother is 0-2 I believe........Jake said he would not watch the fight because his bro would get destroyed. Jake was calling out guys like McGregor, Dillon Dannis, Ben Askren, KSI.....Ben Askren is a MMA fighter who is basically a wrestler. He is most famous for getting brutually KOed by a masvidal flying knee. Im sure Askren trains standup, but I think this could be an interesting matchup. Dannis is one of McGregors crew dont know much about him.....McGregor would be the most talented by far out of those, but also much smaller than Paul. Paul was almost 200 and McGregor is fighting at 155 i think next.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I think his brother was calling out mayweather. His brother is 0-2 I believe........Jake said he would not watch the fight because his bro would get destroyed. Jake was calling out guys like McGregor, Dillon Dannis, Ben Askren, KSI.....Ben Askren is a MMA fighter who is basically a wrestler. He is most famous for getting brutually KOed by a masvidal flying knee. Im sure Askren trains standup, but I think this could be an interesting matchup. Dannis is one of McGregors crew dont know much about him.....McGregor would be the most talented by far out of those, but also much smaller than Paul. Paul was almost 200 and McGregor is fighting at 155 i think next.

The McGregor normal walk around weight is 180. He looks like that's gone up to around 200. Paul vs any skilled amateur boxer will get destroyed. Against a pro i doubt he gets half a round unless they just want to toy with him.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
McGregor is fighting at 155 in Jan. I doubt he is anywhere near 200. He maybe around 180 - 185. He is also very short and i imagine he would look small in a ring with Jake. I think nate is 5'9 and was only a few official pounds lighter, but there was a definite size advantage for Paul. Paul definitely needs some real competition. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight some MMA guys in boxing. At least they are pro fighters

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
McGregor is fighting at 155 in Jan. I doubt he is anywhere near 200. He maybe around 180 - 185. He is also very short and i imagine he would look small in a ring with Jake. I think nate is 5'9 and was only a few official pounds lighter, but there was a definite size advantage for Paul. Paul definitely needs some real competition. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight some MMA guys in boxing. At least they are pro fighters
Any pro even amateur pro would whoop on the Paul bros. It would be entertaining to say the least.
I’ve looked at the highlights. Poor foot work and definitely leaves a lot of body shots open.
Put me in there. I’ll kill that liver faster than a russian vodka drink off on a Moscow holiday.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

He cuts 25-30 pounds for weight in. Its water. He may weight in at 155, but he will be 165-170+ when he steps in the cage