• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hockey is On (maybe)

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Pens are playing cautious. I expect them to open up the 2nd period and get a couple goals.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting placard I see behind the sportscasters. Eh tu, NHL, eh tu?

Because they drank the koolaide

The Pens look like they are playing a pick up game. Zero passion.

The Habs have all the mojo. This looks like it's not going to end well.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It's time to blow this team up. There is a real lack of that second level, we have few shooters, and no one seems to want to set the pace. It's stale and uninspiring.

Start with Sully.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn’t watch. Wife and I took the bike down to Henderson Harbor for the day. This was as predictable as the sunset. This team needs a lot of help. Too much dead weight.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Glad i missed that epic letdown. Not a single goal scored. Pretty lame all around. Just forfeit next time.

Looks like I'm done with watching sports for a very long time. It was fun while it lasted a few years back. Now they can go back on vacation.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Didn’t watch. Wife and I took the bike down to Henderson Harbor for the day. This was as predictable as the sunset. This team needs a lot of help. Too much dead weight.

Good call Sarge. Not even a single "Scratch my back with a hacksaw" or "Buy Sam a Drink and get his dog one two". Hope like hell we hear those calls again next season.

Oh well,,,to better times,,,

str8liner

Reaction score
They are so predictable its almost a joke. Didn't watch but when I seen it was 0-0 heading into the 3rd I knew full well they would give up some half assed junk goal and lose. Sloppy, turnover, bam, I hate being right.....

So someone tell me what are the constants that have been on the team for all these letdowns throughout the years? So I guess we have to wait till the start next year floundering and losing, fire Sullivan, and another coach comes in and works magic?

There is something going on internally with this team, and you can count the guys on one hand that have been here for the majority of these epic fails.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Glad i missed that epic letdown. Not a single goal scored. Pretty lame all around. Just forfeit next time.

Looks like I'm done with watching sports for a very long time. It was fun while it lasted a few years back. Now they can go back on vacation.

Looked like the Pens were already on vacation during most of this series.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I had work so missed the game.
Kinda glad I did.

Downside is hockey brought a bit of normalcy back.
Now back to blah

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
This right here is the result of trading your picks to win now. There is nothing in WBS. That’s how you end up with guys like ZAR, Simon, Sheary and Johnson getting significant minutes. Nothing better in the cupboard, although I’d argue that either Rikkola or Ruhwedel could have done what Johnson did. And bringing in Marleau was perhaps Rutherford’s dumbest move ever although there have been enough lately there are many contenders.

I think at this point, you get what you can for Letang and Geno, let Murray walk, start trimming the rest of the dead weight and try to build back through the draft. The window is closed without major changes to the way this club does business.

Reactions: JMM

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
If anyone has a lucky charm, favorite Pens gear, etc, wear it tonight to help with the mojo of getting the #1 overall pick. The Pens have a 12.5% of getting it and would set the rest of the NHL into a crazy, mad frenzy. Alexis Lafreniere is the prize of the draft. Cross your fingers, Pens fans!

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
G1 TB and CBJ currently in OT4, about 8 mins to go. Korpisalo has 80 saves. 80. Ridiculous.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
End of OT4, still tied 2-2. Korpisalo set and is still setting an NHL record for saves.