• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dak Prescott

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Mods can you stop these threads without links by this idiot. I thought it was protocol to provide them due to the Wexel incident.

Can we get a limit on Mr. Insecurity and his thread starters? 90% of the time they are attention seeking rather than meaningful for discussion. He’s not a contributor but a free loader and starts more nonsensical or duplicate threads than any other member.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Mods can you stop these threads without links by this idiot. I thought it was protocol to provide them due to the Wexel incident.

Can we get a limit on Mr. Insecurity and his thread starters? 90% of the time they are attention seeking rather than meaningful for discussion. He’s not a contributor but a free loader and starts more nonsensical or duplicate threads than any other member.

Hey *******, Wexell has nothing to do with this board. Show some respect for the other posters. Ya want a link?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tremendous-strength-talking-about-depression/

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Players have dealt with worse comorbidities than depression. Not that it isn't a powerful problem.

If James Conner can fight off cancer, depression shouldn't be mission impossible Ethan.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach starts a thread about a football topic. The clowns follow in and bash the post whether Coach has a good breakdown or just brings in a hot take. Who is really lowering the quality of the threads on this board?

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
coach starts a thread about a football topic. The clowns follow in and bash the post whether coach has a good breakdown or just brings in a hot take. Who is really lowering the quality of the threads on this board?

*boom*

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Dak Prescott revealed he recently that he got help for depression and anxiety. Can an NFL quarterback play under these conditions?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tremendous-strength-talking-about-depression/

Do tell us, Doctor Coach, why someone with anxiety and depression can't perform in their career. For transparency, my wife suffers from both and she is quite a successful executive. Your comment here is offensive, but do, please, share with us why depressed/anxious people can't excel in their careers.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Coach starts a thread about a football topic. The clowns follow in and bash the post whether Coach has a good breakdown or just brings in a hot take. Who is really lowering the quality of the threads on this board?
I wouldn't call good posters clowns. As far as coach goes the guy is a major tool 99.99 percent of the time. So at times he will get bashed by posters here and there. For every good thread created there will be 20 more look at me idiotic ones. This is like praising a drunk driver for managing to once and awhile to stay within the lines. So I will have to go with those 20 more examples of what really lowers the quality of our roadway overall.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

I get a kick out of all the losers going haywire on football topics that I post. If I were to write a post, and someone else posted the exact same content for me, I betcha it would be received differently.

Not that I aim for it, but I'm in a few poster's heads.

I welcome ANY football debate. We have too many glasshouse types here. I say what I think and sometimes have fun reminding people.

I focus the I told you so's to the people who attack first. If the mods ran the board differently and barred trolling attacks ( which I seldom initiate, and mostly reply back to ), things would be different.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Do tell us, Doctor Coach, why someone with anxiety and depression can't perform in their career. For transparency, my wife suffers from both and she is quite a successful executive. Your comment here is offensive, but do, please, share with us why depressed/anxious people can't excel in their careers.

To start I'm sorry to hear that but its a great sign she has overcome it. Someitng like 1 out of 4 women are depressed these days. You asked a football question, that's how I am going to reply,

We are talking NFL football, a physical collision type of sport. Dak plays quarterback and its' a very demanding mental and physical position. He's not sitting in an office.

Have you ever played or coached football? Well I have. Depressed people, even if they are built like Superman aren't very reliable.

Without an analysis on Dak's condition, the number of drugs he's taking, and knowing him I can say how much he is impacted.

I can say the NBA had a player come out with Depression and Anxiety ( Kevin Love ), and he's not quite as good as a player dealing with it. Lots of NFL guys bust because of this problem and are forgotten about because they don't last in the NFL. The Vikings drafted a guy in round one that had to cut years back. Randy Gregory has it, and I thought he great potential. He's out of the NFL now, I think.

Let's use a Steeler example. Terry Bradshaw.

When Bradshaw broke down, his symptoms included weight loss, frequent crying, and sleeplessness. Since he started taking the anti-depressant Paxil, his symptoms have become much more manageable.
Symptoms of Clinical Depression include:

• Persistent sadness and/or anxiety
• Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness and helplessness
• Anhedonia—loss of interest or pleasure in enjoyable activities, including sex
• Decreased energy or fatigue
• Concentration and/or memory problems and difficulty making decisions
• Insomnia or oversleeping
• Appetite changes, weight loss or weight gain
• Suicidal thoughts; suicide attempts

***Coach's insertion: None of the above will help you playing football, quite the opposite.***

"It's hard for me to put into words the horrific feeling of being depressed," the Hall of Famer has said. "It is the most sickening feeling in the world when you believe you are miserable and you're all alone."

Like many people struggling with depression, before being diagnosed, Bradshaw drank to self-medicate.

"I was drinking a lot, and I didn't like the path I was on," Bradshaw admits. "I was frightened by what might happen. I wasn't sure if I was going to drink myself to death."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/227445-facing-mental-illness-my-hero-terry-bradshaw

IMO people suffering from anxiety and depression need to relax. Having the media in your face 24x7 and preparing to play a very physical game is something else this a person who has anxiety / depression has to overcome. There is no telling when a break down can happen. The Quarterback is usually the first person to get blamed for a loss.

Anyone who thinks the Cowboys GM or caches are happy about this is out of their mind. I don't if Dallas knew until Dak came out, but if they did, I think its a very plausible reason Dak did not get a long term deal. Maybe the meds can help him, maybe not. We'll see.

Last edited:

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey *******, Wexell has nothing to do with this board. Show some respect for the other posters. Ya want a link?

Hey Idiot, I never said Wexel does. However he did several years ago flip out because some folks on the board were copying/pasting his articles for all to see. Cute update to your post to include a link (hours later). You’ve shown you can learn something.

“Show some respect for other posters”.......I have plenty respect for all posters, all to whom you freeload off of.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
See Dr. Cooch enlightened us on his little league coaching expertise, on his expert depression google findings, on how many losers we have, and what a ****** job mods do. It doesn't take much reading to see why he is ridiculed. He is a collosal twatwaffle.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
To start I'm sorry to hear that but its a great sign she has overcome it. Someitng like 1 out of 4 women are depressed these days. You asked a football question, that's how I am going to reply,

We are talking NFL football, a physical collision type of sport. Dak plays quarterback and its' a very demanding mental and physical position. He's not sitting in an office.

Have you ever played or coached football? Well I have. Depressed people, even if they are built like Superman aren't very reliable.

Without an analysis on Dak's condition, the number of drugs he's taking, and knowing him I can say how much he is impacted.

I can say the NBA had a player come out with Depression and Anxiety ( Kevin Love ), and he's not quite as good as a player dealing with it. Lots of NFL guys bust because of this problem and are forgotten about because they don't last in the NFL. The Vikings drafted a guy in round one that had to cut years back. Randy Gregory has it, and I thought he great potential. He's out of the NFL now, I think.

Let's use a Steeler example. Terry Bradshaw.

When Bradshaw broke down, his symptoms included weight loss, frequent crying, and sleeplessness. Since he started taking the anti-depressant Paxil, his symptoms have become much more manageable.
Symptoms of Clinical Depression include:

• Persistent sadness and/or anxiety
• Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness and helplessness
• Anhedonia—loss of interest or pleasure in enjoyable activities, including sex
• Decreased energy or fatigue
• Concentration and/or memory problems and difficulty making decisions
• Insomnia or oversleeping
• Appetite changes, weight loss or weight gain
• Suicidal thoughts; suicide attempts

***Coach's insertion: None of the above will help you playing football, quite the opposite.***

"It's hard for me to put into words the horrific feeling of being depressed," the Hall of Famer has said. "It is the most sickening feeling in the world when you believe you are miserable and you're all alone."

Like many people struggling with depression, before being diagnosed, Bradshaw drank to self-medicate.

"I was drinking a lot, and I didn't like the path I was on," Bradshaw admits. "I was frightened by what might happen. I wasn't sure if I was going to drink myself to death."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/227445-facing-mental-illness-my-hero-terry-bradshaw

IMO people suffering from anxiety and depression need to relax. Having the media in your face 24x7 and preparing to play a very physical game is something else this a person who has anxiety / depression has to overcome. There is no telling when a break down can happen. The Quarterback is usually the first person to get blamed for a loss.

Anyone who thinks the Cowboys GM or caches are happy about this is out of their mind. I don't if Dallas knew until Dak came out, but if they did, I think its a very plausible reason Dak did not get a long term deal. Maybe the meds can help him, maybe not. We'll see.

This post exemplifies the considerable imagers in Coach’s own mind.

It’s your opinion, nothing factual, in regards your take on Depression. You have neither the expertise or the knowledge to even extrapolate a basic understanding of the condition. Concentrate on knowledge that you do know, like bullshit. You are an expert on that for sure.

“Depressed people....aren’t reliable.” Tell us genius where on your Curriculum Vitae of coaching does this allow you a factoid?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Dak Prescott revealed he recently that he got help for depression and anxiety. Can an NFL quarterback play under these conditions?

You act like depression/anxiety is so debilitating when it can be helped with therapy and medication. And millions of people get it, especially in this day and age. You're one ignorant clown. And uh, just one example is our very own "Iron" Mike Webster.

How many games did he miss or not give it his all? Depression and anxiety are the milder behavioral symptoms of CTE since it sounds like you've been hiding under a rock the last 50 years. How many people you think have suffered through just a sliver of what that poor soul did?

Never mind, don't answer that question.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Another great example, Terry Bradshaw. It was apparently so bad he won us 4 Lombardi trophies.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This post exemplifies the considerable imagers in Coach’s own mind.

It’s your opinion, nothing factual, in regards your take on Depression. You have neither the expertise or the knowledge to even extrapolate a basic understanding of the condition. Concentrate on knowledge that you do know, like bullshit. You are an expert on that for sure.

“Depressed people....aren’t reliable.” Tell us genius where on your Curriculum Vitae of coaching does this allow you a factoid?

So you think this is going to HELP him be better? Please elaborate! I quoted what Bradshaw said. Now do you think a person suffering from those symptoms is reliable or not?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
See Dr. Cooch enlightened us on his little league coaching expertise, on his expert depression google findings, on how many losers we have, and what a ****** job mods do. It doesn't take much reading to see why he is ridiculed. He is a collosal twatwaffle.

You remain a low IQ person who lives in a trailer.

If you think depression helps a player, you even dumber than I thought.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
So you think this is going to HELP him be better? Please elaborate! I quoted what Bradshaw said. Now do you think a person suffering from those symptoms is reliable or not?

Lord, you are in need of help. Prescott has at his request a plethora of therapists and physicians to help him cope with any condition that impacts him on the football field and off.

I don’t have to elaborate anymore than that, because anymore is just doing what you do, uninformed statements. No facts.

Plus, Bradshaw’s condition wasn’t diagnosed until almost 20 years after he quit playing and was exacerbated by a ugly divorce. If you would read what you link (again! You’ve proven you can learn something new), you would have seen how so wrong you are about so many things.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You remain a low IQ person who lives in a trailer.

If you think depression helps a player, you even dumber than I thought.
I think someone warned you about that

as far as depression there is different degrees some which people can function normally without incidents.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a direct comparison would be Vince Young. He kept his mouth shut about his mental health and nearly killed himself over it. I'm glad Dak is being open and communicating about it. Depression is very manageable with proper medication. I'm glad teams are taking a total health approach to their players instead of the old school, 'just toughen up' approach. Which sounds like it makes sense, if you don't have an underlying condition.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score

If dumbdick wasn't a self sucking attention *****. People would most likely leave him alone. There are other idiotswho post, but they don't get told straight up, because they aren't looking for a pat on the back, or I told ya so, , or to have people notice them.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I wouldn't call good posters clowns. As far as coach goes the guy is a major tool 99.99 percent of the time. So at times he will get bashed by posters here and there. For every good thread created there will be 20 more look at me idiotic ones. This is like praising a drunk driver for managing to once and awhile to stay within the lines. So I will have to go with those 20 more examples of what really lowers the quality of our roadway overall.

There are good posters and then there are a couple that seemingly wait for Coach to post a thread for the sole intention to go in and offer nothing but name calling. You and Coach are two of our most active thread starters. Obviously threads are more straight forward traditional threads on Steelers topics. Coach doesn't always take that approach. The AFC thread was a great breakdown while another recent thread was unnecessary because we already had a thread on the topic. The approach on this one wasn't great since Dak can clearly play, but it does open up some discussion on the mental health of professional athletes given the pressure and financial implications. However, your idea that Coach has a 20:1 ratio of bad threads to good ones is just out of line and whenever anyone has that mindset and offer zero football discussion to the thread, rather than call out Coach, just don't reply. Less interesting threads die out very quickly and threads cluttered with arguing over his topics stay at the top of the board. Without you two starting threads--especially during the offseason--this place would be dead at times.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If dumbdick wasn't a self sucking attention *****. People would most likely leave him alone. There are other idiotswho post, but they don't get told straight up, because they aren't looking for a pat on the back, or I told ya so, , or to have people notice them.

Or if people ignored what they didn't like then you wouldn't see it as much. He has never been shy he likes to debate and is almost the Skip Bayless of the board, but he readily admits that's his style. If you don't like it, don't open his threads. It's not difficult. The mute function works well for posters you don't like to read as well.