• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Draft 2 Goalies?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Why would they draft a goalie in the 2nd and 3rd round? I know we traded Murray but still seems like a waste of a pick

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not a hockey guy. I might be some day as when I do see a game live, I enjoy it. It appears the NHL seldom chooses goalies in round one of the draft. I do not understand why. If you starter is average or below average, which half the league is you'd figure they want to upgrade here.

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Maybe I have the wrong impression, but it doesn't seem like the NHL values goalies as highly paid positions. They're willing to move on as soon as the goalie starts playing bad. Stockpile the talent. If you have two good ones, you can trade one. At worst, you have two guys who can balance the workload over the course of the season.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not a hockey guy. . . . It appears the NFL seldom chooses goalies in round one of the draft. I do not understand why.

[h=2][/h]

I'm pretty sure that the Bengals have drafted a few goalies in the first round over the years.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the Bengals have drafted a few goalies in the first round over the years.

I guess bad hockey plagues Ohio too. The Blue Jackets have won just 2 playoff series in 20 years. Now that's what I call giving the Bengals a run their money!