• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Big Fan Question

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I guess this is a little more for the out of Pittsburgh BIG FANS. Do other people experience this? The Steelers win 11 straight and no one ever says anything to you. They lost that game to the Bengals and I had 9 texts from 9 people on my phone. Like **** off. I'm not the GM or Coach. And I NEVER **** talk other people about their team with the one exception being the Toronto Maple Leafs because I hate them like I hate the Pats and their success is slightly more limited. When they play like **** let me wallow in my own crappulence. I will be better in about 24 hours. I ****** hate that.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Nobody talks **** about my Steelers around me ........ they know better...............lol

Hate the Leafs as much as the PATS.........is that even possible as a Steeler's fan ??????? who is your hockey team?

Notre Dame vs BAMA coming soon my friend....... I will remain civil no matter the outcome.......... hope it is a good game

Juniors are playing well .......Go Canada

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I never rub it in to my rats friends when they lose. When the Steelers lose, look out, here comes the yuk fest.

My mother in law is a WFT fan. She hasn't called me in years (she calls her daughter and we communicate that way). I get a call from her with WTF in victory formation. I don't answer...

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
You need to realize that for the last 50 years the Steelers have been a pretty successful franchise.

There are few that can compare, and jealously comes easy for many. If the texts were from good friends just poking fun, it's no big deal,
but if they come from casual acquaintances, **** off would be the proper response.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I live near Baltimore. at 11-0 my phone was blissfully silent. the the 1st loss. 14 texts anything from a simple "LOL" to a "I knew you guys were overated" 2nd loss 12 texts "ship is sinking" "ben is done"

then the 3rd loss. all of a sudden quiet Raven fans start it up.. "AFC footbll wont be the sae without Ben" "cant wait to the Ravens to destroy you guys in the playoffs"

this doesnt even count the little conversations everyday about how amazing Lamar looks and what happened to the undefeated season. And blah blah blah blah

I never talk **** or text after a Raven loss.

so yeah in answer to the questions it happens to probably all of us.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I get messages from various states. Mostly positive. One fan sometimes will just texts one word-ers. Like, " Boz".I know a **** ton of Florida fans from Steelers bars I went to when I lived there. Know some in NY (long island)too. I was a rowdy fan so they know me as a mostly positive person. I do have one friend that will complain here and there but that is few and far between he is more of the news update type. Like did you hear"______". Well of course I did!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I get messages from various states. Mostly positive. One fan sometimes will just texts one word-ers. Like, " Boz".I know a **** ton of Florida fans from Steelers bars I went to when I lived there. Know some in NY (long island)too. I was a rowdy fan so they know me as a mostly positive person. I do have one friend that will complain here and there but that is few and far between he is more of the news update type. Like did you hear"______". Well of course I did!

I tried to help a fellow fan in AZ set up a fan club in a bar owned by a Steelers fan. It didn't work out, in fact, a Dallas Cowboys fan club moved in, and he rakes in the cash. But, the next year, the bar owner called me every Sunday afternoon to talk. He said that I was a "real, old school fan." It was fun. He's a Tomlin guy, so we didn't always agree.

OhioSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess this is a little more for the out of Pittsburgh BIG FANS. Do other people experience this? The Steelers win 11 straight and no one ever says anything to you. They lost that game to the Bengals and I had 9 texts from 9 people on my phone. Like **** off. I'm not the GM or Coach. And I NEVER **** talk other people about their team with the one exception being the Toronto Maple Leafs because I hate them like I hate the Pats and their success is slightly more limited. When they play like **** let me wallow in my own crappulence. I will be better in about 24 hours. I ****** hate that.

Happens a lot here in Ohio. Bunghole fans are more obnoxious than Browns but both do that **** when they beat us.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
A. I watched the Bills game in a bar in Oklahoma where they know me... it wasn’t exactly full of Steelers fans and i heard about it quite a bit lol...
B. The absolute worst are Pats fans... they dont say a word until you are losing then are brutally cocky
C. The second worse are Pirate fans who hate on the Steelers and penguins so much... I don’t get it... envy i guess... but they constantly tear down the teams that make the playoffs more than Two or three times in 3 decades...

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago an old roommate and his entire family called me after the Bengals beat us, they were all doing the who dey in the background. I was a bit pissed considering I never rubbed it in to anyone.

My guess is most of these people who do things like this are casual fans who don't really get all upset when their teams lose, it's forgotten once 60 minutes comes on. For passionate fans, (the Steelers have more than most) a regular season loss takes a couple days to shake. These fair weather needelers probably don't have a clue that anyone could care so much about a franchise thus they figure it's no big deal.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago an old roommate and his entire family called me after the Bengals beat us, they were all doing the who dey in the background. I was a bit pissed considering I never rubbed it in to anyone.

My guess is most of these people who do things like this are casual fans who don't really get all upset when their teams lose, it's forgotten once 60 minutes comes on. For passionate fans, (the Steelers have more than most) a regular season loss takes a couple days to shake. These fair weather needelers probably don't have a clue that anyone could care so much about a franchise thus they figure it's no big deal.
Days hell it takes me until Sunday to get over a loss.[emoji16]

madinsomniac

Reaction score
here. I found your first issue. :welcome:

Seriously, we been at the top for so long everyone is happy to see us stutter even if it is short lived. Haters gonna Hate and for some fans (CLE, CINC, etc), it is really all they got.

If i lived in Cincinnati, or ohio in general, id definitely be full of hate lol...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Nobody talks **** about my Steelers around me ........ they know better...............lol

Hate the Leafs as much as the PATS.........is that even possible as a Steeler's fan ??????? who is your hockey team?

Notre Dame vs BAMA coming soon my friend....... I will remain civil no matter the outcome.......... hope it is a good game

Juniors are playing well .......Go Canada

I'm all about World Juniors they are great. I'm hoping the Irish can be competitive. Not expecting much more. I have a savage hatred for the Leafs. Sorry Paul. Its really about living in Saskatchewan and the Toronto epicenter effect. I'm an Islanders fan child of the 70's. I guess what I'm saying is I don't **** talk other's teams. But if I was WTF could I say to a Pats fan. The cheating thing has worn pretty thin and they have six championships. Leafs on the other hand there is a fair amount of ammo there.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

yes. My phone blows up anytime we lose. When we win, its crickets....except for a couple of ******** from Trampa, a ladyboiDong in Maryland and a blue voting Arizona ammmalampse chaser

RAILHOG

Reaction score
I live in Ohio and yes, the hate and envy in this state is very real. A lot of the Browns and Bengals fan abolutely HATE that anyone born or living in Ohio can be a fan of the Steelers. When I get asked this I always respond by asking them why do state lines matter so much when rooting for a team? I mean, should the people of Gary, Indiana root for the Colts instead of the Bears just because they are in Indiana? Gary, Indiana is less than an hour away from Chicago. Some would even consider it a part of Chicago.

Ohio fans of the Browns and Buckeyes are the most delusional fans on the planet. They are never objective. Never give credit to the opponent and are full of excuses.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
When I hear from various folks I usually just laugh and reply or hold up 6 fingers saying "When you have six, you can talk chyt",,,,Mostly BAL, DAL, SEA and surprisingly TEN fans. That usually shuts them up. The Cheaters want to puff their chest and brag, but I usually tell them, PIT were never were fined or penalized for cheating after their SB wins,,,,,so swallow the asterisk with your clam juice,

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Happens a lot here in Ohio. Bunghole fans are more obnoxious than Browns but both do that **** when they beat us.

So what your saying is sparsely.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In my little town EVERYBODY knows I'm a STELERS fan to the degree of everyone seems to think they can harass me. I never go out of my way to belittle anyone or their respective teams. I'm NOT a push-over when it comes to talking smack as I have construction worker smack in me as well so I can deliver punishing blows without really trying. MOST fans are casual and don't know **** about their teams or just what they hear on TV from the talking heads in the last week or so, so you can see my ease.

Like I said, I'm very respectful until you cross a line then I'm only as hard as those around me drive me to be.

LIKE said by other, crickets until my beloved STEELERS slip then a little harassment.

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm all about World Juniors they are great. I'm hoping the Irish can be competitive. Not expecting much more. I have a savage hatred for the Leafs. Sorry Paul. Its really about living in Saskatchewan and the Toronto epicenter effect. I'm an Islanders fan child of the 70's. I guess what I'm saying is I don't **** talk other's teams. But if I was WTF could I say to a Pats fan. The cheating thing has worn pretty thin and they have six championships. Leafs on the other hand there is a fair amount of ammo there.

Loved watching Mike Bossy & Chico Resch yeah........ Billy Smith....I think I would have dropped that *** on his ***

Sorry to say it but my stepson is a Pats fan .......oh how I failed to make him see the light........ he doesn't wear any of that **** around me and we rarely discuss the foosball ...... I could at least understand liking the Vikes and Moss as a kid.......not sure how he began to follow NE .... it sure didn't happen in my household.......he moved to Toronto..... maybe that is what ****** up his football IQ and allegiance...

Stewey

Reaction score
It's mainly out of jealousy over the Steelers and their long rich winning tradition. Throughout their lifetimes they only know the Steelers as winners. Dubbed as the most successful franchise in the NFL

When other fans yank my chain after a Steelers loss I look at it as them acknowledging the Steelers greatness... and being jealous of it. I just respond " I know you expect the Steelers to win every game, but they do lose believe it or not, so stifle yourself."

The Pats have been good for a long time. You cant tell me Pats fans weren't getting their chains yanked by their buddies who are Bills, Jets, and Dolphin fans....all big losers in that division for decades.

Last edited:

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ya, I hear it after every loss. I'm in Colts/Bungles territory here. I hate going to work after a loss. Same ole "time for Ben to hang it up" ****.
Didn't hear a peep until we were 11-1.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Loved watching Mike Bossy & Chico Resch yeah........ Billy Smith....I think I would have dropped that *** on his ***

Sorry to say it but my stepson is a Pats fan .......oh how I failed to make him see the light........ he doesn't wear any of that **** around me and we rarely discuss the foosball ...... I could at least understand liking the Vikes and Moss as a kid.......not sure how he began to follow NE .... it sure didn't happen in my household.......he moved to Toronto..... maybe that is what ****** up his football IQ and allegiance...

Watched a vintage Isles game over the Christmas break. That team couldn't beat a good Bantam team now. Looked ridiculous. The Isles were a goal away from game 7 Eastern Final in the summer. Now they are ranked lower than the Make Beliefs. Another reason I'm a Leaf hater. So overrated