• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL players cut - available

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers franchise wouldn't cut a player like that unless there's some off field problems, normally they would honor the contract

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish we could afford Rudolph.
Would LOVE to have him.
COMPLETE TE.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I disagree Litos. Steelers will have many tough decisions in the next few weeks. They get done Ben this week apparently. Haden will likely be cut or you let Hilton and probably Sutton walk. Its business. And you need to operate it that way.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
with the stability that Haden and nelson have given us, I would be shocked if Haden is cut he is a well-liked vet in the locker room, a solid leader, plays the run well in the zone scheme, I would ask him to take a pay cut or add a year extension, perhaps then if we retain Sutton, he can take over if Layne is a dud. I also read Nelson is willing to restructure or take a cut.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree Litos. Steelers will have many tough decisions in the next few weeks. They get done Ben this week apparently. Haden will likely be cut or you let Hilton and probably Sutton walk. Its business. And you need to operate it that way.
I'm talking about what dolphins did with van noys contract

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Haden and Nelson are both in the final year of their contracts. I can see them extending Nelson ( I guess that is his willingness to restructure) but Haden would just have to take a pay cut as I doubt they would extend him. But, you never know. I feel pretty sure Hilton will be gone. They will try to sign Sutton. If they can't, they may circle back and try to keep Hilton. I like Haden so I hope they can keep him around.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm talking about what dolphins did with van noys contract
Didn't they just cut him pay the guaranteed and save the rest? That is pretty standard operating procedure against the cap.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they just cut him pay the guaranteed and save the rest? That is pretty standard operating procedure against the cap.
You sign him to a 4 year deal to cut him after the first? A guy that played well and was respected in the locker room?

Don't remember that ever happening in the Steelers franchise.

Do you think other players would feel loyalty from a franchise that treats vets like that? Don't you think that affects their chances to get players in free agency in the future if they keep operating like that?
I bet van noy is thrilled to move to another city after expecting to stay 4 years in the same place when he signed that contract

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Giants released WR Golden Tate, per source.
tenor.gif

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
If we cant retain bud Hassan Reddick would be perfect.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think there will be a fair amount of guys on one year prove it contracts. Maybe some will sign early cheap for the best possible situation to prove it. Most will be on the market until just before camp.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
BJ Finney is available as he was cut, signing him would provide good depth inside the Oline even though I don't want him playing C.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
On the fence about Finney. I prefer him as a backup. So if they are signing him I think you are leaving better options that are available to start at C.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
On the fence about Finney. I prefer him as a backup. So if they are signing him I think you are leaving better options that are available to start at C.
He can be brought with a vet minimum contract, it shouldn't affect the signing of a possible starter

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
He can be brought with a vet minimum contract, it shouldn't affect the signing of a possible starter
If that be the case I have no issues with it. I just worry the Steelers signing two centers in less than a week might think ok now we don't have to pursue a C. Just hope they would think of it like we think of it. To go get that upgrade.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap, Finney struggled at C here and couldn't get himself on the field after he left, right now he shouldn't have a market nor the team see him as a viable starter.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If Finney didn't play here, no one would be talking about him.

Rudolph would be a terrific addition and perfect for what we need from a No. 2.