• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Triller Fight Card

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else watched the Paul vs Asken card. It was basically a music concert with a few fights sprinkled in. The black keys opened and played for 20 mins. They also had ice cube, doja cat, sawheetie, snoop, justin bieber etc etc..... Each "artist" did at least 3 songs. At one point in 2 hours there was only actual boxing for like 10 mins. Pete Davidson was the roving interviewer / reporter and the whole commentary team was really drunk / high which included Oscar de la Hoya. Oscar was waaaay gone and I am not sure if he was removed before the last couple fights or passed out somewhere. At one point a doctor was checking out a fighter laying on the ring (who faked a nut shot) and the commentary team was saying something about him getting a boner.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw highlights. Definitely fake. The Paul bros are entertainers not boxers. Their ego will get them into serious trouble if they fight on legit card. I’d wager the featherweights here in Albuquerque would whoop those “fighters”

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't think it was fake. Askren is an olympic wrestler, but may have had the worst hands in all of MMA along with having a hip replaced. Also i don't think the Pauls have anything to do with Triller other than fighting on their card. Jake has been training 3+ years with the best coaches and facilities money can buy and he is only 24. I think he is a legit prospect. His brother Logan is not that good and somehow got a fight booked against Mayweather. Jake has stepped up his competition each fight so far, but i think he definitely needs to fight a boxer or at least someone with very good hands.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Stepped it up? He went from fighting a fellow YouTuber to a retired basketball player to a guy that didn’t train because he was on his couch after hip replacement. Askren had a gut for crying out loud. He went in that ring for a paycheck and crumpled under the first punch he took, and it was a glancing blow at best. Paul is a clown. Wake me when he fights a boxer at his same weight with at least equal skill. He’s cherry picking chumps.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Like Sarge said, The Funkmaster was in the ring for a payday. He's done. Nothing but the Askren Wrestling Academy and his alt coins to keep his family fed. He'll always be one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Saw highlights. Definitely fake. The Paul bros are entertainers not boxers. Their ego will get them into serious trouble if they fight on legit card. I’d wager the featherweights here in Albuquerque would whoop those “fighters”

It's all about making money. He won't match up with anyone noteworthy. Certainly not a professional or even a decent amateur. It's an attractive payday for anyone regardless of skill.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it was fake. Askren is an olympic wrestler, but may have had the worst hands in all of MMA along with having a hip replaced. Also i don't think the Pauls have anything to do with Triller other than fighting on their card. Jake has been training 3+ years with the best coaches and facilities money can buy and he is only 24. I think he is a legit prospect. His brother Logan is not that good and somehow got a fight booked against Mayweather. Jake has stepped up his competition each fight so far, but i think he definitely needs to fight a boxer or at least someone with very good hands.
He’s not a legit prospect. He’s way too raw. At his age, he maintains the same habits. If he faced legitimate opposition - I kid you not he leaves a lot of body shots open. Throw in a real boxer, and I am wiling to bet Paul wouldn’t take those punches. Even if he endures the body shots, his hands will drop to protect himself then he leaves open that chin and Paul goes to bed

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I do think Paul will fight a boxer eventually. I dont think Dana White will let any more UFC fighters fight him. I cant picture them doing a cross-promotion card, but Dana likes money so you never know. Sure Paul is very raw, but he is young and has good coaches. I think he will continue to improve very quickly. Paul is a master marketer and cant blame him for knowing how to make $$. I think he will need to continue to improve his competition if he wants to stay on the money train though.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. Dude got whooped today over a hat. He experienced a taste of real punching power

crying like a little ***** lol

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Logan couldn’t over power a retired 44 year old boxer. He had a 30+lb and 6 inch height advantage and was still getting toyed with.

Now tell me why Logan or his brother should be taken seriously? They cherry pick the competition. Until they fight an active boxer within their weight class, I cannot take them seriously.

Granted however to contradict myself here. They are good promoters and at the end of it all it stems to money. I’ll give that

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Logan couldn’t over power a retired 44 year old boxer. He had a 30+lb and 6 inch height advantage and was still getting toyed with.

Now tell me why Logan or his brother should be taken seriously? They cherry pick the competition. Until they fight an active boxer within their weight class, I cannot take them seriously.

Granted however to contradict myself here. They are good promoters and at the end of it all it stems to money. I’ll give that

Mayweather could've done whatever he wanted with Paul last night and didn't. Easy cash grab for both guys involved with potential for a rematch based on the outcome.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Mayweather could've done whatever he wanted with Paul last night and didn't. Easy cash grab for both guys involved with potential for a rematch based on the outcome.
Exactly. The Pauls are not legit boxers.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Jake is a better boxer than Logan. I think Floyd looked like crap honestly. It may have been by design, but it wasn't a good look. The times floyd seemed to want to let his hands go a bit logan tied him up. Floyd did walk him down a few times which was sad given the huge size difference. I do believe Jake will beat Woodley. Woodley has some power, but it may not translate to boxing and there will be no threat of a takedown. Also Woodley is old and has not looked good lately

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
All about the money baby. Well Connor couldn't even make a whole fight. Not a Paul fan ,but he did go the distance.

Pretty smart by both men. I'd love to make money like that. ******* easy as pie. People are easily drawn in. Just do it WWE style, play the cocky heel and watch them flock in hopes of seeing you get beat up.

So I need to start a youtube channel..lol. Get youtube famous and start calling people out.