• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers 7 round draft prediction game. (The winner gets a prize and chest bumping bragging rights)

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Round 1 - trade with Stains get R1 26 and R2 27 - take Najee Harris

Round 2 pick 23 - TE Pat Freiermuth
Round pic 27 trade with Minn get R3 14, 26 and R4 35

Round 3 pick 14 - OG Deonte Brown
Round 3 pick 23 - OT Alaric Jackson
Round 3 pick 26 - Payton Turner

Round 4 pick 20 - OLB Cameron McGrone
Round 4 pick 23 - DT Marlon Tuipulotu
Round 4 pick 35 - CB Kary Vincent Jr

Round 6 pick 33 - WR Marquez Stevenson

Round 7 pick 18 - SS Lamont Wade
Round 7 pick 27 - ILB Grant Stuard

two trade backs....would be surprising but what the hell......

They will not draft

QB P LS

Last edited:

keslerclan

Reaction score
WHAT I think They May Do
24. Travis Etienne RB (I think Canada will want him more as we already have a bulldozer or 2 that are not able to turn the edge)
55. Creed Humphrey C (ranked in most drafts around 52)
87. Stone Forsythe LT (not many LT capable guys left)
128. Kary Vincent Jr. CB (could be able to work outside as most great Nickle CBs are UFA pickups)
140. Malcolm Koonce OLB (will need rime but so did Bud, even as a 1st rounder)
216. Bobby Brown III DL (better than what we have now as backups on DL)
245. Paddy Fisher ILB (Vince part deaux)
254. Tiny Poljan TE (solid, yet unspectaclular, probably not the answer)

What I would do
24. Samuel Cosmi
55. Creed Humphrey
87. Trill Williams
128. Elerson Smith
140. Chuba Hubbard
216. Nick Eubanks
245. Paddy Fisher
254. Michael Strachan

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, missed the time limit. I'll play next year

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

steelhurt

Reaction score
I am ineligible to play but will give my picks for ***** and giggles.

1 Pick 24 - Najee Harris-RB
2 Pick 55- Creed Humphrey C
3 Pick 87- Walker Little T
4A Pick 128- Anthony Schwartz WR
4B Pick 140- Keith Taylor CB
6 Pick 216- Jonathon Cooper edge
7A Pick 245- Kenny Yeboah TE
7B Pick 254- Avery Williams CB

Trade in the second round up.

QB,P,K, and G won't be drafted.

Slash, I really like this draft you put together.
The first three guys fill an immediate need with high end players. I also like the fourth round guys as well. Schwartz is fast and will help ease the loss of JuJu and or Washington next year. Taylor I think could possibly be a possible replacement for Hilton.

Tommy Tremble would have been nice had we an extra third but can’t have everything.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Slash, I really like this draft you put together.
The first three guys fill an immediate need with high end players. I also like the fourth round guys as well. Schwartz is fast and will help ease the loss of JuJu and or Washington next year. Taylor I think could possibly be a possible replacement for Hilton.

Tommy Tremble would have been nice had we an extra third but can’t have everything.
Don't sleep on Avery either that kid could come in and make RayRay an afterthought.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
HOW the **** is Coach going to win if you can ONLY edit up until Wednesday evening......................?

I'm needy can I have the prize sooner ?

Salute the nation

That would be up to Slash, for the fun of it, since he didn't or won't donate my prize to anyone, my bragging right will have to do.

1 Pick 24 - RB Etienne
2 Pick 55- C Meinerez
3 Pick 87- TE Tremble
4A Pick 128- OT Forsythe
4B Pick 140-CB T Brown
6 Pick 216- P Duffy
7A Pick 245- SS Hamlin
7B Pick 254- ILB Thompson

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be up to Slash, for the fun of it, since he didn't or won't donate my prize to anyone, my bragging right will have to do.

1 Pick 24 - RB Etienne
2 Pick 55- C Meinerez
3 Pick 87- TE Tremble
4A Pick 128- OT Forsythe
4B Pick 140-CB T Brown
6 Pick 216- P Duffy
7A Pick 245- SS Hamlin
Rules are posted on the first page. Hire someone to decipher them if needed. A punter in the 6th? 😂

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, So, I run a business named The Soap Mason. We make handcrafted soap, shaving soap, beard products and a host of other bath and body products. All top quality.
Anyway, I talked it over with Slash and I'm donating a gift basket/box to this contest. The second place winner will receive a gift basket/box of our products with at least a $50 value.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
1.24 Caleb Farley CB
2.55 Dillon Radunz OT
3.87 Sermon RB
4.128 Hufanga S
4.140 Trey Hill C
6.216 Shaka Toney Edge
7.245 Avery Williams CB/ST
7.254 Luke Farrell TE

They won't Draft DL, QB (unless Lance magically falls ), OG.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
A question for folks who are Buckeye fans, I was looking at a mock draft on Steeler Depot. I wasn't overly enthused about it but the third round pick was Barron Browning, LB out of Ohio State. His SPORQ was really good, 4.56 40, big guy, hands, wing span, 3 cone etc. What's the story on this guy who seems to fit a position of need.

I've looked over the mocks on this thread and didn't see him on one mock (if I missed it sorry).
Looks like a steal in round 3.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
A question for folks who are Buckeye fans, I was looking at a mock draft on Steeler Depot. I wasn't overly enthused about it but the third round pick was Barron Browning, LB out of Ohio State. His SPORQ was really good, 4.56 40, big guy, hands, wing span, 3 cone etc. What's the story on this guy who seems to fit a position of need.

I've looked over the mocks on this thread and didn't see him on one mock (if I missed it sorry).
Looks like a steal in round 3.
He would be a very nice pick but with si many needs can we really draft an ILB before the 4th round? Z Collins could play both ILB and OLB so he might be a real option so early

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
1.24 Caleb Farley CB
2.55 Dillon Radunz OT
3.87 Sermon RB
4.128 Hufanga S
4.140 Trey Hill C
6.216 Shaka Toney Edge
7.245 Avery Williams CB/ST
7.254 Luke Farrell TE

They won't Draft DL, QB (unless Lance magically falls ), OG.
This was made from a The Draft Network mock and I feel is how they might go. Eichenberg wasn't available in the 2nd round our would have been my expected pick there.
PS : Humphrey and dickerson were gone too at 2.55

Last edited:

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

1 Pick 24 - RB Etienne
2 Pick 55- C Meinerez
3 Pick 87- TE Tremble
4A Pick 128- OT Forsythe
4B Pick 140-CB T Brown
6 Pick 216- P Duffy
7A Pick 245- SS Hamlin
Picking a punter in the 6th is ABSOLUTELY FACKING HILARIOUS!!! You win clown for a d...the year!!!

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
He would be a very nice pick but with si many needs can we really draft an ILB before the 4th round? Z Collins could play both ILB and OLB so he might be a real option so early
I understand all things being equal, they're going to go with a pressing need instead of an ILB which is a need, just not urgent. But if he's there in the third and he's smoking the competition left on the board, you know what I mean. I'm not pounding the table because it's obvious from my original question that I don't know the guy. Just seems funny that I haven't heard anything about him, then again there's a ton of guys I haven't heard much about who will be drafted in the second half of day two.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand all things being equal, they're going to go with a pressing need instead of an ILB which is a need, just not urgent. But if he's there in the third and he's smoking the competition left on the board, you know what I mean. I'm not pounding the table because it's obvious from my original question that I don't know the guy. Just seems funny that I haven't heard anything about him, then again there's a ton of guys I haven't heard much about who will be drafted in the second half of day two.
The kid is a bit raw but has all the athletic skills to thrive.
I think there will be enough talent available at 3rd that he won't be smoking the competition against others positions of need. Now 4th round he would be a complete steal

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Picking a punter in the 6th is ABSOLUTELY FACKING HILARIOUS!!! You win clown for a d...the year!!!
He’s already a clown, so that doesn’t change MO. I guess Walter Football told him to do it, especially since a punter is a greater need than ILB in his eyes.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
The kid is a bit raw but has all the athletic skills to thrive.
I think there will be enough talent available at 3rd that he won't be smoking the competition against others positions of need. Now 4th round he would be a complete steal
Good enough, thanks.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
let me also add this draft looks very deep in ILB talent, from 1st to late 4th there will be very very good players available

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, So, I run a business named The Soap Mason. We make handcrafted soap, shaving soap, beard products and a host of other bath and body products. All top quality.
Anyway, I talked it over with Slash and I'm donating a gift basket/box to this contest. The second place winner will receive a gift basket/box of our products with at least a $50 value.
So there is now two prizes, a thank you to SteelBuckeye for his generous contribution. I am extending the window for participation until 7pm.

Draft day peeps !

Papa Lazarou

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think Najee Harris will be off the board at 24, therefore, It will be:
1 Pick 24 - Javonte Williams, RB
2 Pick 55- Quinn Meinerez, OC/OG
3 Pick 87- Spencer Brown, OT
4A Pick 128- Malcolm Koonce, OLB
4B Pick 140- Marco Wilson, CB
6 Pick 216- Jaret Patterson, RB
7A Pick 245- Luke Farrell, TE
7B Pick 254- Avery Williams, CB

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
1st - Teven Jenkins
2nd - Landon Dickerson