• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rennie Stennett has passed

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Solid ball player back in his day.

7 for 7 in a 9 inning game... crazy.

RIP Rennie

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Real sorry to hear that. I was too young to remember this but talk about an amazing accomplishment:

"And he had hits in all seven of his at-bats in a 22-0 win against the Cubs at Wrigley Field in 1971. His first hit was off Chicago starter Rick Reuschel; his seventh was against Paul Reuschel, Rick's brother."

RIP

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Real sorry to hear that. I was too young to remember this but talk about an amazing accomplishment:

"And he had hits in all seven of his at-bats in a 22-0 win against the Cubs at Wrigley Field in 1971. His first hit was off Chicago starter Rick Reuschel; his seventh was against Paul Reuschel, Rick's brother."

RIP
I remember it well....

I listened to most of that game on my front porch and heard the record setting hit..

I was also working the game ( I was a vendor there for 2 years in high school) at 3 Rivers when he shattered his ankle...never the same after that.

One of my favorite all-time Bucco's!

RIP number 6...

Reactions: JMM

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Damn.....Rennie was my favorite Pirate as a kid in 70's. I would track his hitting every day in the paper and keep a running tab with him and Richie Hebner. God Speed Rennie!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I'm old so I've seen him play.

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Sorry to hear that. I'm old so I've seen him play.
Guessing he and the rest of his teammates were ordinary Joe's back then and didn't live the lavish lifestyles of the pros dating back to the 80s who have more in common with the Hollywood divas than they do with regular folks.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Guessing he and the rest of his teammates were ordinary Joe's back then and didn't live the lavish lifestyles of the pros dating back to the 80s who have more in common with the Hollywood divas than they do with regular folks.
At that time except for the superstars most players had jobs in the off-season.