• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Julio Jones to the Titans

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Titans having a heck of an offseason and now have two premiere receivers for Tannehill along with Henry.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
This could be a great pick up depending on what JJ has left in the tank. For the price they paid seems worth the risk.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ, one of the best in the business,....... at one time. Not sure whats left in the tank but he is still a big time threat providing he is healthy. BEFORE anyone says "break out the template" they should know we have a VERY formidable WRs corp and I'd be fully against this deal if it were to the STEELERS instead of the ****.

Salute the nation

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Titans putting on their cards on the table ...

I would say they are the front runners in the AFC as we move into training camp..

alancac98

Reaction score
I believe they now have to clear 17 million in cap space! Their defense on paper isn't that good, so they better hope Dupree is the answer to those woes, but where are they going to cut the 17?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
This could be a great pick up depending on what JJ has left in the tank. For the price they paid seems worth the risk.
He had one of his worst seasons statistically. A lot to give up for a 30 + year old WR. He might be a good complement to Brown but you have to wonder if that tank is half empty at this point.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Jones only played 9 games last season, yet had the highest catch % and yards/target of his career. He's also going to an offense that has Brown and Henry, so it's not like he's the main factor of the offense anymore.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ, one of the best in the business,....... at one time. Not sure whats left in the tank but he is still a big time threat providing he is healthy. BEFORE anyone says "break out the template" they should know we have a VERY formidable WRs corp and I'd be fully against this deal if it were to the STEELERS instead of the ****.

Salute the nation
He’s still going to draw coverage and open AJ Brown up more. He’ll catch some key 3rd downs and as long as he’s used properly, he will have a good season

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man i was hoping the Ravens would give up a 1st for him. Can you imagine the frustration of having a JJ and still not be able to pass the ball?

DOUBLE TH AT. I also hope they sell the farm and all vacant lots to give Mr. Jackson the highest paid QB contract in the history of the NFL.

He’s still going to draw coverage and open AJ Brown up more. He’ll catch some key 3rd downs and as long as he’s used properly, he will have a good season

So, i gree with what you are saying but even then it all comes down to if he is used PROPERLY,...

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Titans putting on their cards on the table ...

I would say they are the front runners in the AFC as we move into training camp..
He's put together some good statistical seasons, but I still don't think Ryan Tannehill is good enough to get it done in the playoffs.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i think Julio is overrated. He disappears for long stretches and doesn't get in the endzone as often as he should for a so called great WR. Julio has just 60 TDs in 10 years. For reference, Plaxico retired with 64 TDs.

How many seasons did Julio have more than 8 TDs? ONCE. Calvin Ridley on the same team has done it twice already. Hines Ward did it 3 times on a heavy run team.

Then there's the excuse that Julio draws the double team. Big ******* deal. I guess nobody ever thought to double guys like Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Fitzgerald, etc. and they still found the endzone regularly

Antonio Brown was an impact player. Julio is a good player with big stat games sprinkled in. He does not play to his enormous physical abilities consistently.

The falcons are basically just getting rid of his salary because they don't need to pay a #2 WR that much money. And he had become the #2 behind Ridley. Actually, Julio may have been the #3 target behind Ridley and Te Kyle Pitts in Arthur Smith's system.

Julio is obviously a very good player, a pro bowl player, but he has never made the huge impact people think.

This seems like a desperation move by Tenn. What will their offense be this year. Henry is not a good receiver. When they fall behind, he sits the bench. If they are going to open up the offense and throw more then what happens with Henry? They sure are paying him a ton. What about Tannehill? He has been effective in a run an play action system with well defined reads. Can he perform if they ask him to do more?

If Tenn felt a #2 WR was such a big need they should have drafted one, or they should have gone after a free agent like JuJu or Golladay as big money guys or Sammy Watkins as a cheaper option.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
i think Julio is overrated. He disappears for long stretches and doesn't get in the endzone as often as he should for a so called great WR. Julio has just 60 TDs in 10 years. For reference, Plaxico retired with 64 TDs.

How many seasons did Julio have more than 8 TDs? ONCE. Calvin Ridley on the same team has done it twice already. Hines Ward did it 3 times on a heavy run team.

Then there's the excuse that Julio draws the double team. Big ******* deal. I guess nobody ever thought to double guys like Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Fitzgerald, etc. and they still found the endzone regularly

Antonio Brown was an impact player. Julio is a good player with big stat games sprinkled in. He does not play to his enormous physical abilities consistently.

The falcons are basically just getting rid of his salary because they don't need to pay a #2 WR that much money. And he had become the #2 behind Ridley. Actually, Julio may have been the #3 target behind Ridley and Te Kyle Pitts in Arthur Smith's system.

Julio is obviously a very good player, a pro bowl player, but he has never made the huge impact people think.

This seems like a desperation move by Tenn. What will their offense be this year. Henry is not a good receiver. When they fall behind, he sits the bench. If they are going to open up the offense and throw more then what happens with Henry? They sure are paying him a ton. What about Tannehill? He has been effective in a run an play action system with well defined reads. Can he perform if they ask him to do more?

If Tenn felt a #2 WR was such a big need they should have drafted one, or they should have gone after a free agent like JuJu or Golladay as big money guys or Sammy Watkins as a cheaper option.
His age and coming off an injury filled season can not be downplayed. Tannehill is a capable long ball thrower so play action should work for him and Brown. Thing is there is those concerns and the **** lost their TE in free agency which puts more emphasis on the wideouts. I think he is capable of being a solid two, but for that a hefty price given up as I previously mentioned. If Atlanta was a good drafting team I would give them the edge on this trade with getting out from under the remaining contract as well. I think Jones can be productive but the season is even longer now given the additional game. I question his ability to hold up and if that hammy starts acting up it will limit his production as well. I definitely don't see a Moss type of rebirth with a new team. I can see the Titans as going all in and you have to like that approach. But not sure the move is the one that gets them over the hump.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Your SEC hate is shining thru...

But some of your points are valid🥸

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Had Julio for two straight years on my FF team and he was good the first year, next year was decent, but it's feast or famine because of his inconstancy. It could have been the team, injuries, etc, but he'd have some good games and then disappear for weeks on end. Last year, I stayed away from him completely. Saying that, he will be with a better team and supporting cast. If he has anything left, he'll be a nice boost for the Titans. He's coming to a team already really good on offense, so adding him should help.