• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Things Getting Ugly in Green Bay

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
You just don’t ever never ditch your immediate family no matter how rich and famous you become. Only have one mom and dad and when they’re gone it’s too late. He was bitching about how they made him go to church as a kid and brought him up as a Christian. Omg my heart bleeds for this *****. His parents were trying to instill religion and values in him but now he’s trashing them for it.
What an idiot. You grow up and you can make your own choices, then you pass that on to your own children.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
You just don’t ever never ditch your immediate family no matter how rich and famous you become. Only have one mom and dad and when they’re gone it’s too late.

When he gets older and the fancy female companions are long gone, his career is a distant memory and everything he seems to hold dear now have vanished, he'll be sorry. Very sorry.

From everything I gather, they did absolutely nothing wrong but be stern, religious parents. And this is what they got? The horror. He was one lucky SOB.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When he gets older and the fancy female companions are long gone, his career is a distant memory and everything he seems to hold dear now have vanished, he'll be sorry. Very sorry.

From everything I gather, they did absolutely nothing wrong but be stern, religious parents. And this is what they got? The horror. He was one lucky SOB.

Sometimes you don't kniow what you have until it's taken away from you. One day Rodgers may find out he has lost whats most dear.

Salute the nation

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
My Aunt who owns stock in the Green Bay Packers and a lifetime fan. She hasn't liked him from day one and still doen't like him regardless of his ability. He is absolutely not a normal decent down to earth guy and she lets me know that when we visit and talk football.

Just for the record, she attends and VOTEs at packers meetings when alotted for.

Salute the nation
Are the votes mail in? Asking for a friend

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yet league MVP. How is that. **** on his blood. Now he ***** on one of the most storied franchises in sport. I swear even if Alex Smith isn't there they don't give Comeback player to Ben.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Are the votes mail in? Asking for a friend

Not sure but they use to have a "stock holders" annual meeting and she went to those religiously. I think that is when you could vote in person but I think these days (and then also) you could mail in your ballot. She always took her certificate to prove she was a stock holder.

The point being she is a VERY dedicated fan and still can't stand Rodgers one single bit.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
D.I.C., I believe that was a reference to Wisconsin being one of the states that "enjoyed" a huge middle of the night surge for vegetable due to all those darn mail in votes.

mdk2

Reaction score
can't win when it counts? hasn't won a championship?

he/Packers beat the steelers in the SB.
The way the media talks about him being an "all-time great," one SB doesn't cut it IMO.
All-time great better have atleast 2 or 3 to be even in the conversation.
Meanwhile, Ben has been to 3 and is consistently blasted by the media at every chance they get. Everything is his fault for the team's short comings. It's literally the total opposite for Rogers. The media writes nothing but "poor little Aaron doesn't get any help." That's a bunch of garbage.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
He does not get along with anyone, he cares less if a player is let go a employee fired as long as he gets his little pacifier he is happy. Hell he doesn't even get along with his family. How refreshing it would be for the owners to stand up to these cry babies and stand together and let them hit the road.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
BEN ROETHLISBERGER is a great QB and team leader / teammate. There is no argueing that staement YET the media and even some here seem to find blame to point at him continously. he has been robbed of acolades MVP season and SB plus CBPOY.

Ben has more than paid his dept for the millagevill & LV incident yet still hammered for it. Hell we have a double murderer getting SB MVP, a cheating coach who should have been banned for life named the greatest coach ever and thoughts of renaming the lombardi trophy after him.

I don't care what the media / fans (both local and foreign) / talking heads / the rog / or anybody else have to say, Ben Roethlisberger has the stats / wins / longevity / non-cheating clean record / etc........ to be voted 1st ballot HOF and nothing would be better than for him to expond on some of the garbage horse-****/chyt/***** he has endured. That will never happen as BEN just has to much class for that.

I hope it is Cowher or Jerome or someone of that era that introduces him and NOT anyone from this current coaching staff. He deserves somebody who played with and desired to win with contributing instead of someone who has been riding his coattail. Remember BEN has never had a losing season but that is lost to everyone saying TOMLIN has never had a losing season with no credit to BEN.

Arron Rodgers is a shell of man and lesser QB than BEN yet he is glorified instead of crucified.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Rodgers
Rogers is the most overrated QB in the last 20 years probably. He throws a great ball, the guy doesn't win when it matters though.
Conveniently, it is never made his fault by the media and himself. I've never seen a QB point more fingers than him.
Not to mention, his smug and entitled personality. I hope he retires and goes away.

Rodgers is a different cat. Apparently he comes from a very religious family and rejected his faith and in the process losing his relationship with them. He's also extra sensitive. When Green Bay used a first round pick on QB, Love, the dude lost it and felt betrayed. Most franchise QB's that are recent MVP's would. His points aren't all wrong but would be better served in house. No doubt he can still play.

He will be traded. I say trade the prima donna on the trade deadline. Green Bay will in theory get a better draft pick ( assume that team will win less before Rodgers becomes their QB ) and Rodgers will have next to zero practice time with his new team mates. To the highest bidder he goes as long as they are not NFC contenders. Wanna play hardball?

I say trade him to the NY Giants. If he thinks the media is tough in Green Bay, wait until he gets a sample of NY.

Rumor had is Love was a mistake and looked like one in the practices.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Rodgers

Rodgers is a different cat. Apparently he comes from a very religious family and rejected his faith and in the process losing his relationship with them. He's also extra sensitive. When Green Bay used a first round pick on QB, Love, the dude lost it and felt betrayed. Most franchise QB's that are recent MVP's would. His points aren't all wrong but would be better served in house. No doubt he can still play.

He will be traded. I say trade the prima donna on the trade deadline. Green Bay will in theory get a better draft pick ( assume that team will win less before Rodgers becomes their QB ) and Rodgers will have next to zero practice time with his new team mates. To the highest bidder he goes as long as they are not NFC contenders. Wanna play hardball?

I say trade him to the NY Giants. If he thinks the media is tough in Green Bay, wait until he gets a sample of NY.

Rumor had is Love was a mistake and looked like one in the practices.
You might want to get updated on the rumor there Skippy. Yesterday's rumor was that he was dropping 30 and 49 yard dimes and showed better than he did on Tuesday, which was the first day of 11 on 11 for them. So, take Tuesday and Wednesday and what it seems you have is a young QB going through ups and downs. Not unexpected. Especially considering the set back in his development that was the 2020 season; missed OTAs, less on field practice, etc.

Last edited:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently he comes from a very religious family and rejected his faith and in the process losing his relationship with them. He's also extra sensitive.

He rejected a family that wanted to instill Christian values in him? How absolutely awful. And he's extra sensitive? Not super-duper ultra sensitive?

He's a prima donna ******* of the highest order. And everything always seems to be somebody else's fault. He needs a Red Hot Poker.

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
He rejected a family that wanted to instill Christian values in him? How absolutely awful. And he's extra sensitive? Not super-duper ultra sensitive?

He's a prima donna ******* of the highest order. And everything always seems to be somebody else's fault. He needs a Red Hot Poker.

Michael Robinson brought that up on NFL Network for packer fans who think he will stay loyal. MRob said Rodgers kicked his own momma to the curb and you think he won’t do the same to you?

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
Rogers has no real leverage - he's under contract and I don't think Green Bay will fold like the Steelers did with AB. You play here or you go where we trade you or you don't play at all and get another year older. If he refuses to play I'm sure they can recover any pro-rated signing bonus.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
can't win when it counts? hasn't won a championship?

he/Packers beat the steelers in the SB.
Yeah but that was ten years ago. They haven't done much lately. Come to think, kind of like the Steelers.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Rogers has no real leverage - he's under contract and I don't think Green Bay will fold like the Steelers did with AB. You play here or you go where we trade you or you don't play at all and get another year older. If he refuses to play I'm sure they can recover any pro-rated signing bonus.
I'd be willing to bet he doesn't show up at GB training camp either.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously he doesn't need the money, and his arrogance controls his thinking.
Like Le'Veon and AB here, I doubt most in Green Bay would care what he does, other than not letting the screen door hit him on the way out.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Obviously he doesn't need the money, and his arrogance controls his thinking.
Like Le'Veon and AB here, I doubt most in Green Bay would care what he does, other than not letting the screen door hit him on the way out.
He would look good in....nah, nevermind.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He would look good in....nah, nevermind.

I don't think tomlin would use him PROPERLY................. wouldn't sign for "vet" minimum............................. sure as **** wouldn't look good in B & G (not jepordy colors)

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Manning throws his linemen and defense under a bus on separate occassions.
Brady has thrown his teammates AND the ball deflators under a bus.
Rodgers has thrown WRs, linemen, defense, head coaches and the front office under a bus.
Meanwhile, Ben talks up ****** OL, tells the media Dionte, Ebron and the like will get their drops under control, takes the blame when those drops help lead to losses, fails to throw AB OR LB under any type of bus when they really deserved it. Yet, Ben gets the media hate.
*This from a guy who thinks we've hit the "sooner" part of: "They better have a plan for when Ben is gone because 'sooner or later' they'll have to move on."

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
How will Deebo get fined for Aaron's antics???
Didn't you get the memo? A-A-ron's shenanigans show just how completely Tomlin has lost control of the locker room.