• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens Hockey 2021?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Me too. The guy brings so much energy and heart to the ice every night.
He's really much more than the stats say he is. I really, really, really would hate to lose him.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
It does and hopefully, they bring in the much needed touchness or grit.

My read on them is that they want grit, lots of it. I would trade Tanev for a gritty team. IMO, that is our biggest missing part. Even jarry will be bettered by a team that is more like the Bs or Caps.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
My read on them is that they want grit, lots of it. I would trade Tanev for a gritty team. IMO, that is our biggest missing part. Even jarry will be bettered by a team that is more like the Bs or Caps.
They can be speedy and grit. I think Sullivan should catch that and realize he’ll get his forecheck back

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
DANG, DANG, DANG, DANG, DANG!!!!!!

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
F&#@!!!!

Pens brass better have a plan.
F&#@!!!! is right. GD it....We'll see but not protecting Tanev makes me wonder if they have the pulse of this team...Why not leave Blue unprotected with his great new contract and protect the one guy that gave some spark to a pretty much listless, emotionless team? What the hell is so special about Blue?

Getting wound up....need beer!!!! FAK!!!!!

Maybe f'n Burke thinks we need more finesse and kinder, gentler, players..

What a ******* disappointment.. I knew this was going to happen....Goddamned Pittsburgh sports!!!

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Damn sorry to see him go. What a ******* disgrace to not protect him.

Going to miss that coked out headshot.

Godspeed you Danzig looking ****. Good luck except when you play against the Pens

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Like everyone else, i am not sure why Tanev was not protected and not happy he is gone. Guess they thought ZAR and his contract would attract more attention than Tanev's. However the Kraken did not break the bank on many contracts. They seem to be waiting for the free agent market. For NOW, i am going to sit back and let Burke and Hex have their first offseason steering the ship. After Trades/FA we will see where the team is. IF it is a mirror of itself the past 4 years still and now without the spark of Tanev, then I believe that actually Mario is running the team. I WANT to see moves this offseason.

To much to ask for 71 or 58 to be moved so we will have another year of laziness and turnovers and ballerina skating.

Is ZAR back now? Do they move Jake or Zucker? Would like to see them move away from Pettersson and JO get a full season. Hoping Cici comes back also. I think i would be okay with Turnover/Dumo, Mathesson/Cici, PO/Cici. Carter will center the 3rd line and will need some grit to make that the best 3rd in league with Blue on the 4th. Do they go after a vet goalie? I think they need that behind Jarry as DeSmith is just not good enough and Jarry could be with a more physical stay at home defensive approach.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Tanev is a a guy who’s easy to root for but let’s be real. He was making too much money for too many years as a fourth liner. I still don’t understand the McCann move because the Penguins essentially lost two players in the expansion draft. This looks to be nothing more than clearing cap space meaning they probably feel good about someone on the roster stepping in for McCann and will look for a cheap replacement for Tanev.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Tanev is a a guy who’s easy to root for but let’s be real. He was making too much money for too many years as a fourth liner. I still don’t understand the McCann move because the Penguins essentially lost two players in the expansion draft. This looks to be nothing more than clearing cap space meaning they probably feel good about someone on the roster stepping in for McCann and will look for a cheap replacement for Tanev.
Valid points. The McCann trade helps out TOR, so the Pens did it for reasons down the road for their benefit. I don't know why other than for cap reasons, but let's see how it plays out. I will give the new GM a chance to mold it to their liking. More moves have to be coming.