• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers bills prediction thread. #soitbegins

Aussie_Steeler

Reaction score
Forever optimistic...

I have confidence in the coaching staff and FO - this team, holistically, is better on paper that the one we played Buffalo w/ last year.

Visiting Steelers 31
Stunned in Buffalo 20
Unfortunately, they're playing on turf not paper.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Stillers 33
Bills 24
Ben 275 3 TDs
Harris. 148 total yards from scrimmage
Friermuth 2 TDs and will make critical 3rd down conversions
Defense will have a pick 6

xjx

Reaction score
Steelers 24
Bills 27

Ben throws for 260 yds.

mdk2

Reaction score
If you listen to any sports talk shows, the Bills are one of the greatest teams ever put together. They're going to win 5-8 consecutive SBs.

National sports talk will most likely predict a 141 to 3 Bills win.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
People have it in their heads that Buf is some great team. They had a great record last year but as a team, they were nothing special.

Buffalo defensive rankings
14 overall
17 rush
13 pass
16th points allowed
15th in sacks.

They beat the Steelers late last year when the wheels were coming off. Their offense only scored 19 (they had a pick 6). The Steelers were banged up and struggling and played them to a close game.

What has Buffalo added? Not much. They added a 1st round DE Rousseau from Miami on defense. He could upgrade the pass rush but likely doesn’t take it from mediocre to ferocious. On offense they added Emanuel Sanders. He is still a good player and polished but is not a game breaker. The Bills were not a good rushing team and their OL is just OK.

Buffalo was carried by Josh Allen’s great season and the fact that the Pats fell apart. They took the Brady route to a great AFC record, playing in the East when you are the only good team.

I am optimistic the Steelers offense will be much better. Can 2 rookies replace Pouncey and Big Al? They certainly can replace the injured husks of Pouncey and Big Al that played last year. Same with Decastro. So the names on paper seem less, but simply being health should mean a net plus this year.

I expect a lot from the scheme as well. Not that there will be tons of gadget plays or brilliant designs, but just that it won’t be so damn predictable. That alone should make the offense much harder to defend.

The bills suck at defending the TE. Freiermuth could be a big factor.

ther should be some week 1 rust so i’m going low scoring

Steelers 20
Bills 16

Big Ben throws for 257

Stewey

Reaction score
If you listen to any sports talk shows, the Bills are one of the greatest teams ever put together. They're going to win 5-8 consecutive SBs.

National sports talk will most likely predict a 141 to 3 Bills win.

Nah, they may only go to 5 consecutive SB's. They'll lose one SB on a wide right FG try and get blown out in the other 4.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
0-4 in the Bowl 22
Steel working on that OL 16

Ben 235 yds 1 TD 1 fumble

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Nah, they may only go to 5 consecutive SB's. They'll lose one SB on a wide right FG try and get blown out in the other 4.
So does that mean they would need to change their area code from 044 to 045? Or even 049?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
People have it in their heads that Buf is some great team. They had a great record last year but as a team, they were nothing special.

14 overall
17 rush
13 pass
16th points allowed
15th in sacks.

They beat the Steelers late last year when the wheels were coming off. Their offense only scored 19 (they had a pick 6). The Steelers were banged up and struggling and played them to a close game.

What has Buffalo added? Not much. They added a 1st round DE Rousseau from Miami on defense. He could upgrade the pass rush but likely doesn’t take it from mediocre to ferocious. On offense they added Emanuel Sanders. He is still a good player and polished but is not a game breaker. The Bills were not a good rushing team and their OL is just OK.

Buffalo was carried by Josh Allen’s great season and the fact that the Pats fell apart. They took the Brady route to a great AFC record, playing in the East when you are the only good team.

I am optimistic the Steelers offense will be much better. Can 2 rookies replace Pouncey and Big Al? They certainly can replace the injured husks of Pouncey and Big Al that played last year. Same with Decastro. So the names on paper seem less, but simply being health should mean a net plus this year.

I expect a lot from the scheme as well. Not that there will be tons of gadget plays or brilliant designs, but just that it won’t be so damn predictable. That alone should make the offense much harder to defend.

Steelers 20
Bills 16

Big Ben throws for 257
Amen, Tape, Amen...

Steelmann

Reaction score

14 overall
17 rush
13 pass
16th points allowed
15th in sacks.

Steelers 20
Bills 16

Big Ben throws for 257
Great write up. Makes me feel a little more positive. Home field factors in a touch,even against Pittsburgh.
I worry about our secondary still,i feel the game will be won our lost by the success of our pass rush. Gotta harass Allen all game long. Ben will be efficient,215 yards. 23-20 B&G..

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
steelers 28-24 ben 260 2 td
najee 22-115
juju 8 rec 65 1 td
ebron 5 rec 40 yds 1 td
bush 14 tackles sack FF intc

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

14 overall
17 rush
13 pass
16th points allowed
15th in sacks.

Steelers 20
Bills 16

Big Ben throws for 257

Great write up Tape and I'll ride this wagon as well. I think Freiermuth will open the gap between him and dropsies ebron. Canada has more than five plays at his disposal so scheme will be in STEELERS advantage offensively speaking.

Can't wait for the game

Salute the nation

MB47

Reaction score
Bills 27
Steelers 19

Just like last year McDermott makes adjustments at halftime while Tomlin blames execution SMH

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Bills 27
Steelers 19

Just like last year McDermott makes adjustments at halftime while Tomlin blames execution SMH
Are you new here? Your posts look a little similar to another poster that has been absent lately.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Bills 31

Steelers 15

Ben 195 1/3

Bills have had our number lately. That doesn't change this game.

MB47

Reaction score
This is a poorly coached team sunshine You keep enjoying all the late season collapses under Tomlin nothing changes as long as he is here. You can keep the rainbows and candy to yourself i prefer to live in the real world.

MB47

Reaction score
Funny i have only posted 3 times about the Steelers. One was the great pickup of the new CBS The other was agreeing keeping Harvin as the punter was a great idea so you must either be stupid or can't read.