• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tailgates and meetups next week.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Coming in next Saturday for the game. I got a link from Justin on Facebook for a tailgate with Arthur Moats. Anyone doing that one or is there a get together with a group from on here? I would love to meet some yinz personally. I think lol. Also need advice for a nice dinner Saturday night for my wife’s birthday which is Sunday. Also a good local bar downtown to drink at after dinner. We are at the Wyndham.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Bob's Inn in Murrysville has a great fish sammich and yinz can drink there too.

Ya, I got nothin'

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
A buddy of mine started the Yinzer Mob, and they tailgate at every game (even away games). If you want me to hook you up with him, let me know.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be at the Steeler Nation tailgate that we have advertised on FB. If you're downtown. plenty of places to eat in Market Square. Take your pick depending on what you like to eat. There's a Primanti's there as well.

Buster

Reaction score
My daughter and I are coming to the game this week. Not on Facebook so info on the tailgate is appreciated.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be at the Steeler Nation tailgate that we have advertised on FB. If you're downtown. plenty of places to eat in Market Square. Take your pick depending on what you like to eat. There's a Primanti's there as well.
I think that is the one I have information on from Justin but hit me up with a link to be safe. Did I friend you on Facebook?

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Coming in next Saturday for the game. I got a link from Justin on Facebook for a tailgate with Arthur Moats. Anyone doing that one or is there a get together with a group from on here? I would love to meet some yinz personally. I think lol. Also need advice for a nice dinner Saturday night for my wife’s birthday which is Sunday. Also a good local bar downtown to drink at after dinner. We are at the Wyndham.
It has been a couple years, but my favorite steakhouse is Mallorca on East Carson St.
Have a nice dinner, then walk a few blocks to the bars....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Big Jim's in Greenfield, over toward Oakland. Old-timey steeltown mill bar but the food is off the hook. Guy Fieri's TV show has been there.
DiAnoia's in the Strip, voted best new restaurant and best Italian restaurant in the city but Friday's and Saturday's you should have a reservation and it might be too late.
A bit of a ride across the North Side but the Threadbare Cider House way down Spring Garden Avenue is owned by the same people who own Wigle Whiskey and they have real good pizza. REALLY good pizza.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
Big Jim's in Greenfield, over toward Oakland. Old-timey steeltown mill bar but the food is off the hook. Guy Fieri's TV show has been there.
DiAnoia's in the Strip, voted best new restaurant and best Italian restaurant in the city but Friday's and Saturday's you should have a reservation and it might be too late.
A bit of a ride across the North Side but the Threadbare Cider House way down Spring Garden Avenue is owned by the same people who own Wigle Whiskey and they have real good pizza. REALLY good pizza.
Is The Colony long gone? That was a family favorite back in the day. Anywhere we go will have to be walking distance from the Wyndham most likely. She will be pregaming the whole drive from Cincinnati I am sure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Is The Colony long gone? That was a family favorite back in the day. Anywhere we go will have to be walking distance from the Wyndham most likely. She will be pregaming the whole drive from Cincinnati I am sure.
The Colony building has been vacant for a long time. DiAnoia's is walking distance but call tomorrow for a reservation. It's not expensive but the food is great and it's not real big. Couple times my wife and I got in without one because there was just two of us. Cioppino's in the Strip is pretty good with a large cigar room. Bella Notte is more casual but good pizza and Italian sandwiches. There are a couple places over by Heinz Hall that are pretty good. I'm limiting this to places I've actually been to.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
The Colony building has been vacant for a long time. DiAnoia's is walking distance but call tomorrow for a reservation. It's not expensive but the food is great and it's not real big. Couple times my wife and I got in without one because there was just two of us. Cioppino's in the Strip is pretty good with a large cigar room. Bella Notte is more casual but good pizza and Italian sandwiches. There are a couple places over by Heinz Hall that are pretty good. I'm limiting this to places I've actually been to.
The last time I went to the Colony was probably 30 years ago. My Dad and I walked in and they instantly recognized him after at least 15 years or more, asked about my grandmother and grandfather by name. I was impressed. The food was incredible. Sad it is gone.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

How does the Church Works ? fit into all this. It's the Ex-Church used for micro-brew and food. Just curious on your opinion as When I went there is was pretty good but its been a while.

Salute the naton

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
How does the Church Works ? fit into all this. It's the Ex-Church used for micro-brew and food. Just curious on your opinion as When I went there is was pretty good but its been a while.
I was there a few years ago, it's pretty good. Mostly German-style food as I recall. Of course the beer is good. It's in Lawrenceville which is close but not walking distance from Dahntahn. There are a LOT of restaurants and brewpubs in Lawrenceville.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was there a few years ago, it's pretty good. Mostly German-style food as I recall. Of course the beer is good. It's in Lawrenceville which is close but not walking distance from Dahntahn. There are a LOT of restaurants and brewpubs in Lawrenceville.
Thanks Ron, I remeber it not being close but was just wondering. It was featured on the food channel way back when so we went there and definately wasn't disappointed. At the time I was an advid Homebrewer. I asked about a tour anD THEY TOLD ME TO COME BACK NEXT DAY FOR lunch and they's have the brewmaster give me atour.

I came back and had lunch and asked again, waitress checked it out and said they had me down but the brewmaster couldn't be there so he had #2 in charge give me the tour and comped my lunch. Usually about a 20 minute tour but I was there 2 1/2 hours. He offered me a job if I ever moved to Pittsburgh. Loved it.

Salute the nation