• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee observations

xjx

Reaction score
Najee is not being used properly. Matt Canada needs his head examined.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Najee is not being used properly. Matt Canada needs his head examined.

It was the first regular season game. It wasn't pretty (the entire offense), but what exactly would you have had Canada do differently? He picked up blitzes, was split out wide etc. Yeah I would've personally liked to have seen more playaction and maybe some I formation with Watt attempted, but why exactly does Canada need his head examined?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
5mus3x.gif

It was the first regular season game. It wasn't pretty (the entire offense), but what exactly would you have had Canada do differently? He picked up blitzes, was split out wide etc. Yeah I would've personally liked to have seen more playaction and maybe some I formation with Watt attempted, but why exactly does Canada need his head examined?
I think some want to glue into that first half train wreck I get it. But that second half turn around wouldn't have come without the proper adjustments. Like the old saying it isn't how you start but how you finish.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The refusal to use Derek Watt is baffling. He can only help establish our run game.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
A whole 4 plays, nice.

:p

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Coach has been gone way too long. His fragile, attention-seeking ego needs that goodness that is SN, so what is up? Hope he's okay.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Too much was expected of him too soon. He will be just fine, as soon as people quit anointing him as the best back in the league.
You have to expect a lot from a running back from day one. They are one contract players so you need to get everything possible from them during the 5-6 years you have them (assuming franchise tag).

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Coach has been gone way too long. His fragile, attention-seeking ego needs that goodness that is SN, so what is up? Hope he's okay.
I don't wish anyone bad. Hope he is ok. But don't miss his ignorant **** thread to thread.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to expect a lot from a running back from day one. They are one contract players so you need to get everything possible from them during the 5-6 years you have them (assuming franchise tag).

Think we're going to get that. It was a bumpy start (mainly OL issues), but I see this cat putting up over 1,000 scrimmage yards (run/catch) for sure. The Bills were top 10 run defense heading into 2021 I think. Thinking (hoping) it's going to be last season in reverse where they progress and not regress.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Think we're going to get that. It was a bumpy start (mainly OL issues), but I see this cat putting up over 1,000 scrimmage yards (run/catch) for sure. The Bills were top 10 run defense heading into 2021 I think. Thinking (hoping) it's going to be last season in reverse where they progress and not regress.
I thought Harris did about as well as he could with what was in front of him. Even the best guys at creating yards will have trouble behind this line.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
The Bills were also stacking the box. A little difficult to run under those conditions.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Ok, I'll weigh too...

First game. Brand new OL. Brand new OC. Brand new RB1.

The Bills constantly stacked the box knowing that we had to prove 'who we are' on offense---the first half proved them right.

After rewatching the game this morning - yes, Ben missed two check downs to Najee. The defense was no one was scared of Najee because we didn't open up the field until the 3rd quarter. I still need to see more from OC Canada, but, it was the first game so there are 17 games left to see improvement.

Najee had to impressive runs - the first at the top of the 3rd quarter - the counter run up the middle for 10 yards and the run of the right side later for 18. His pass pro is above the line but for those who felt he was 'over used' that is a ridiculous statement.

Ok, now back to our regularly schedule Monday morning bitchfest after a win...
What was ridiculous was that with maybe a slight discrepancy I thinknhe played every offensive snap in the game. Show my another nfl running back that does that. That was stupid.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
What was ridiculous was that with maybe a slight discrepancy I thinknhe played every offensive snap in the game. Show my another nfl running back that does that. That was stupid.
I think I want to agree with you here. I get he is a good blocker and they want to get him comfy with reps. But it is an even longer season you don't want to burn him out. I am taking it his reps will decrease once McFarland returns or at worse later in the season similar to how he handled Claypool.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
My observation of Najee is that whoever signed a FB for 3.25M to be on an offense which runs exclusively out of pistol/shotgun needs to give me 3.25M too since giving away free money is the game plan.

in all seriousness first game behind a very new OL and OC vs. a good D, what did ya expect? I didn’t see him missing holes, blowing pass pro getting the old chap killed, he showed patience on a couple of runs and looked super out of sync in routes.

About exactly what I expected from Game 1 of several guys pro careers that contribute to that type of performance

Solid B

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
My observation of Najee is that whoever signed a FB for 3.25M to be on an offense which runs exclusively out of pistol/shotgun needs to give me 3.25M too since giving away free money is the game plan.

in all seriousness first game behind a very new OL and OC vs. a good D, what did ya expect? I didn’t see him missing holes, blowing pass pro getting the old chap killed, he showed patience on a couple of runs and looked super out of sync in routes.

About exactly what I expected from Game 1 of several guys pro careers that contribute to that type of performance

Solid B
He was signed for special teams as well as FB. I think we can say as a special teamer it might be a pricey contract. But he did lead in reps there. What does a minimum vet cost you? What does a standout special teamer cost you? I am not up on that so no clue in comparison elsewhere.