• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The saints have the Covid problem

madinsomniac

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/five-orleans-saints-assistant-coaches-165459336.html….
They of course just played Green Bay, whom we play on October 3rd… so there is that… the nfl is only requiring vaccinated people who test positive to sit out a few days, and i think all of the Saints cases are vaccinated ones… at least on the staff… so we will see how the nfl policy holds up real quick….

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/five-orleans-saints-assistant-coaches-165459336.html….
They of course just played Green Bay, whom we play on October 3rd… so there is that… the nfl is only requiring vaccinated people who test positive to sit out a few days, and i think all of the Saints cases are vaccinated ones… at least on the staff… so we will see how the nfl policy holds up real quick….
Not quite this. The NFL is requiring vaccinated players to have two negative tests 24 hours apart before they can return. If it takes you 2 days to reach that, fine. If it takes a week, fine. 2 weeks ... whatever it takes to reach that point where you have two negative tests 24 hours apart.

According to Thursday's memo, vaccinated players or staff who test positive and are asymptomatic can return to duty after two negative tests 24 hours apart. For non-vaccinated persons who test positive, the 2020 protocols remain in place, requiring a 10-day isolation.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Not quite this. The NFL is requiring vaccinated players to have two negative tests 24 hours apart before they can return. If it takes you 2 days to reach that, fine. If it takes a week, fine. 2 weeks ... whatever it takes to reach that point where you have two negative tests 24 hours apart.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game
Yeah I should have been more specific… what you say is true but I believe that the cdc calls for a 48 hour period after a negative test , not 24… and that was after a quarantine period… there was some pushback that the NFL was rushing things apart from the science when they announced it… guess we will see if they know best…

bigben

Reaction score
Imagine if it was Cole Beasley and 4 other unvaccinated people testing positive? They would be getting shamed by the media on a 24 hour loop.
Since they were all "Breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people its not getting any attention.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine if it was Cole Beasley and 4 other unvaccinated people testing positive? They would be getting shamed by the media on a 24 hour loop.
Since they were all "Breakthrough" cases in vaccinated people its not getting any attention.
98 percent of the people who end up in the hospital are unvaccinated. So, there is that. I'd say it makes a whole lot more sense to focus on people who aren't using the tools provided to them to stay out of the er, but eh, **** science. On a related note, as long as this **** stays out of the Steelers locker room, and doesn't **** our schedule like it did last year, I don't give a **** who in the NFL gets it.

Joe

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I only pointed it out because they just played Green Bay, and if Green Bay comes down with it, it potentially affects us… though it is not that likely…

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
98 percent of the people who end up in the hospital are unvaccinated. So, there is that. I'd say it makes a whole lot more sense to focus on people who aren't using the tools provided to them to stay out of the er, but eh, **** science. On a related note, as long as this **** stays out of the Steelers locker room, and doesn't **** our schedule like it did last year, I don't give a **** who in the NFL gets it.

Joe
You might want to peruse the vaccine thread in politics before using that 98% number. It is not correct anymore. I won't say more in the football thread.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
******* last years covid debicle cost our beloved STEELERS a shot at an undefeated season with a SUPER BOWL championship season.

I say that because it can't be proven wrong but also realize that that schedule that we had to go through was by far a BIG contributing factor to the season end drop off. NO player / team / season had ever experienced what the STEELERS went through and that no-rest stress had our guys dropping like flies.

Last year we got punished for having the best protocol established in the NFL and loser teams / players such as baltiwhore got let off easy even though they were the cause.

**** the rog with a RED HOT POKER !!! twice

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
******* last years covid debicle cost our beloved STEELERS a shot at an undefeated season with a SUPER BOWL championship season.

I say that because it can't be proven wrong but also realize that that schedule that we had to go through was by far a BIG contributing factor to the season end drop off. NO player / team / season had ever experienced what the STEELERS went through and that no-rest stress had our guys dropping like flies.

Last year we got punished for having the best protocol established in the NFL and loser teams / players such as baltiwhore got let off easy even though they were the cause.

**** the rog with a RED HOT POKER !!! twice

Salute the nation
Im not usually in to torture, but if they had a pay per view with roger getting red hot pokered, id probably chip in to watch….. screw that evil dickwad

bigben

Reaction score

Joe
Usually when you have the proper "tool for the job" you aren't scrambling to find more tools. ( Booster shots)
But keep drinking whatever flavor koolaid you are drinking, despite them coming up with a new flavor every other week.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Apparently 7 of the assistant coaches at least haven’t tested negative today so they will not be eligible for Sunday no matter what.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

Joe

by that logic, I hope you don’t smoke, drink, eat too much or drive too fast on the highway. Prioritizing healthcare based on something deemed "preventable" is a slippery slope. But eh, **** logic.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
by that logic, I hope you don’t smoke, drink, eat too much or drive too fast on the highway. Prioritizing healthcare based on something deemed "preventable" is a slippery slope. But eh, **** logic.
There is a reason alcoholics don't get new livers.

Joe