• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Way too early Steelers Mock Draft

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Round 1- Kaiir Elam CB Florida
Everyone probably yelling for a QB but there’s just not a blue chip prospect to get. Haden likely is gone or at best signs a short term contract to stay. Pierre is up and down and Layne isn’t doing anything special. Elam is big, physical, great technique and is a ball hawk to boot with 20 pbu and 5 picks in 25 games so far. Nicely sized at just shy of 6-2 and 196lbs.

Round 2- Darian Kinnard OT Kentucky
I know again Steelers faithful yelling for a QB but I feel Steelers give Rudolph a shot and have Haskins waiting right behind him. Kinnard can play RT and if Banner rocks it and gets locked up at RT Kinnard can kick inside to guard.

Round 3- Jaquan Brisker S Penn State
I’d be pretty surprised if Brisker is still on the board but looking at the big boards I used he was rated 2-4th and 71st prospect so right in line with this pick. Brisker is a playmaker who seems to play big when you need a big play. He has good coverage skills and can come up to support the run. I’m not sure we sign Edmunds especially when Fitzpatrick is due to resign.

Round 3b- Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State
JuJu and Washington are likely gone. That leaves Claypool and DJ as our starters. I feel Wilson is a santonio holmes kind of receiver. Can play inside or out.

Round 5- Boye Mafe edge Minnesota
Typical 3-4 undersized edge pass rusher the Steelers like. Mafe is having a big year so he could easily rise by draft time.

Round 7-
Sean Clifford QB Penn State
Clifford is a mobile QB with good arm strength and despite what some draft gurus state good accuracy. He’s been through a lot at Penn State and never lost the team. Might not be the best presnap defense reader and is a little undersized at a listed 6-2 which likely is closer to 6ft to 6-1.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see CB being our No. 1 need and we suck at drafting them. I see OL in round 1, especially if we can get a top LT. We will be in the top half of the draft and should be able to get a stud. That, along with a year under their belts will solidify our young OL and it should be an asset for years to come. Rudolph or whoever our QB will be and Harris will need a good OL to help them survive until we hopefully find our franchise QB in the next couple years.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Nice Fordy. I agree with TDX, we really need an OL in the First and go CB 2nd round. The way Brisker is playing this season, he'll be moving into the 2nd round.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see CB being our No. 1 need and we suck at drafting them. I see OL in round 1, especially if we can get a top LT. We will be in the top half of the draft and should be able to get a stud. That, along with a year under their belts will solidify our young OL and it should be an asset for years to come. Rudolph or whoever our QB will be and Harris will need a good OL to help them survive until we hopefully find our franchise QB in the next couple years.
**** corner is need now let alone if Haden isn't resigned.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice Fordy. I agree with TDX, we really need an OL in the First and go CB 2nd round. The way Brisker is playing this season, he'll be moving into the 2nd round.
They won't be fishing for a LT a solid RT can be had in the top of round 2. But corner on the other hand seems to fall off quickly talent wise in the draft. If they don't go QB in 1, CB would be my next option. Guard in 2 would be another option.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I’m making the assumption that Moore and Greens last 6-7 games will be a lot better than their first 6-7. Again a way too early mock but looking at players signed, age, and value I think CB is in play. Especially considering OL have an 83% first round success rate and second round has a 70% compared to DB which has a 64% first round success rate followed by a 40% in the second. Elam also is one of the safer picks with his pedigree.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd trade every pick we have to the worst coached team in the league to ensure we get top picks in every round the following year. **** never mind that won't work cause WE'RE the worst coached team in the league.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Wilson will not be there in the 3rd.

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Malik Willis
    QB Liberty

• PIT

Charles Cross
    OT Mississippi State

• PIT

Josh Jobe
    CB Alabama

• PIT

Thayer Munford
    OG Ohio State

• PIT

Jahan Dotson
    WR Penn State
    trade icon
  • PIT

Kolby Harvell-Peel
    S Oklahoma State

• PIT

D.J. Davidson
    DT Arizona State
    trade icon
  • PIT

Micah McFadden
    LB Indiana

• PIT

Greg Dulcich
    TE UCLA

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dotson won't last that long. I've seen him on some boards as the top WR. 1st or 2nd round for him is more like it. And, at least Willis is one of the few top QB prospects that barely pushes above 6 foot.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd trade every pick we have to the worst coached team in the league to ensure we get top picks in every round the following year. **** never mind that won't work cause WE'RE the worst coached team in the league.
Not the worst, Jaguars coach can lay that claim. All bets are off for the second slot though.😁