• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bush injury may be bad

ChampYINZ

Reaction score
If they ruled him out for next week already that ain’t good. Any good free agent inside backers ? Trade for one?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If they ruled him out for next week already that ain’t good. Any good free agent inside backers ? Trade for one?
I know they won today and I'm super pumped they did. Made my Canadian Thanksgiving. But **** they are broke. They are a 2-3. Want to give up more draft capital for a totally **** year. Ahhh. I'm going to pass. Bush is a ****** band aid. He has a couple good blitzes but he has mostly been average at best.

MB47

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction. Hated the pick a short small linebacker that wasn't a playmaker in college and hasn't been anything in the pros.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I know they won today and I'm super pumped they did. Made my Canadian Thanksgiving. But **** they are broke. They are a 2-3. Want to give up more draft capital for a totally **** year. Ahhh. I'm going to pass. Bush is a ****** band aid. He has a couple good blitzes but he has mostly been average at best.

He can play, but he doesn't seem to be worth what they gave up for him.

Those second and third round picks could have been used on the OL or secondary.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Bush has been a disappointment.

Hell, give Buddy Johnson a shot at this point (I know that's unlikely).

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember Broncos fans were pissed when Denver traded spots with us so we could draft him. Bet they're not so pissed anymore lol

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Bring Bince out of retirement?

While I love Bince and think he's the better player, he and Spillane are essentially the same player in terms of their physical abilities. I'd like to see someone with more versatility. Just my 2 cents.

I do miss me some Bince though. Loved his fire and he rarely had a bad blitz.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
vs Geno you need Buddy in pass coverages esp if the match is deejay Dallas vs a ILB faster than Spilliane who is a thumper but is terrible in coverage.
the line aside from chikes looked better and it looks; like they finally realized to run and be effective they need a twin te set with gentry and muth inline Dotson really pushed the pile early for harris, was. Snell needs to play better.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I remember Broncos fans were pissed when Denver traded spots with us so we could draft him. Bet they're not so pissed anymore lol
Looking back, there really weren't many great options available for the Steelers with those picks.

The Broncos ended up with Noah Fant, Drew Lock, and Lloyd Cushenberry. Fant had the look of developing into a top 10 tight end over his first two years, but has underwhelmed this year. Lock can't beat out Teddy Bridgewater (yikes!), and Cushenerry is a bottom third center right now. IMO, whoever ends up with the best player in this deal will be the "winner", but it will be nearly impossible for Bush to live up to the compensation they gave up for him unless he develops into a perennial All Pro.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
It's got to be a bummer to be nursing injuries, some of them severe, all the time.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Groin injuries typically take a long time to heal. They are essentially muscle tears, it’s just to the degree of how bad. Only truly recovers with rest.

I’m more pissed that we have many guys slowed down by them. WTF.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
I was kind of pissed at our typical early bye, it seems to have been a blessing. I'd remove Highsmith next weekend and give him three weeks to recover. I'm wondering if Watt could use it as well.

We can beat the Seattle if our OL makes another stride from today.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Watching some of the cowboys today and it looked like Micah Parsons is already calling the plays in the defensive huddle. It's concerning that Bush has been here for years and can't do the same. Shobert was here 10 minutes and they had him calling the defense.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
has there been any word or is this pure speculation on the original posters part?

I have not found any updates on his condition
Speculation.

Man we don’t know if Harris just didn’t get his Gatorade or if it’s more, I doubt if OP has the clout to get by HIPPA laws and know extent of Bush through back door channels

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Speculation.

Man we don’t know if Harris just didn’t get his Gatorade or if it’s more, I doubt if OP has the clout to get by HIPPA laws and know extent of Bush through back door channels
Yeah, but most of us has been around the sport long enough to recognize when a trainer is working on a cramp. Hell Najee was trying to elongate his calf muscle on the field as well. Just get him some pickle juice and he'll be fine.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I was kind of pissed at our typical early bye, it seems to have been a blessing. I'd remove Highsmith next weekend and give him three weeks to recover. I'm wondering if Watt could use it as well.

We can beat the Seattle if our OL makes another stride from today.
Yep. Rest all the starters.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Neither Fant nor Bush has been worth it. Both have shown ability, but not consistently and def' not worth 1st round consideration.