• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I was banned from the thesteelersfans.com

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Kordell Apologists. Now that's a term I haven't heard in a long time. Well since Koredell was burying passes in the dirt. I used to think he had blackmail pictures on Cowher. That's why he kept starting 2 years too many.
I thought the same thing at the time but in hindsight Kordell had to survive three consecutive years with two of the worst offensive coordinators in the history of the game, Ray Sherman and Kevin Gilbride. It's a wonder he completed a pass at all.
We used to laugh when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines when both were with Da Bears but after Cowher hired Gilbride we understood why that could happen.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I thought the same thing at the time but in hindsight Kordell had to survive three consecutive years with two of the worst offensive coordinators in the history of the game, Ray Sherman and Kevin Gilbride. It's a wonder he completed a pass at all.
We used to laugh when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines when both were with Da Bears but after Cowher hired Gilbride we understood why that could happen.

is Da Bears a new slang for the Oilers?

damn media personalities just can't get anything right.

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
is Da Bears a new slang for the Oilers?

damn media personalities just can't get anything right.
My bad. I just always think of Buddy Ryan being with Da Bears.
Point still stands though.

Reactions: JMM

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

Kevin Gilbride sucked during his time here, and Ray Sherman sucked, period. But Kordell sucking *** a starting qb is the main reason he couldn't get it done on the field, far more than the suckage of the OC's presiding over him.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Kevin Gilbride sucked during his time here, and Ray Sherman sucked, period. But Kordell sucking *** a starting qb is the main reason he couldn't get it done on the field, far more than the suckage of the OC's presiding over him.
Gilbride only sucked because he was using an innovative system at the time that required the wrs and qbs to make a series of reads and adjustments based off of defense alignment… kind of common now but then it was state of the art… and way beyond kordell’s ability to grasp it

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
My bad. I just always think of Buddy Ryan being with Da Bears.
Point still stands though.
Seems like just yesterday...Time sure has flown by. One thing is for sure, and it has been said a million times over, but the NFL had a much better product back in the day. Maybe it is just a side effect of getting older but those games were a lot more entertaining to watch. That said I really enjoy the game when there are legitimate battles for the line of scrimmage. 5 yards in a cloud of dust is as good as it gets. Get up, dust yourself off and do it again. Keep moving that line down the field.

You didn't have to hold your breath wondering if a flag was going to come flying in after the play was done because the player got hit too hard or in the wrong spot. So long as you didn't take them down by their facemask or got caught for "clipping" you were pretty much good to go. When was the last time we had a clipping call? Oh well. Let me get offn my soapbox. Beer anyone?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

Commander Cody in the scene. :)