• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – JuJu Smith-Schuster Done for the Season

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers suffered a critical blow on Sunday against the Denver Broncos.

Receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster took a hand off from Ben Roethlisberger and looked to be on the verge of breaking a big play, but was tackled and landed awkwardly on his shoulder.

He instantly looked to be in a lot of pain. He stood up with his arm just dangling. It initially looked like he may have broken his arm or hand, but it turned out to be a right shoulder injury.

The injuries just continue to mount for the Steelers receivers who were already without James Washington on Sunday due to a groin injury. Diontae Johnson, and Chase Claypool have already missed time this season with injuries. Smith-Schuster was also dealing with bruised ribs for the last couple of weeks.

Steelers expected to put JuJu Smith-Schuster on injured reserve and are fearful he will miss rest of the season after injuring his shoulder vs Broncos, per sources.

— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) October 11, 2021

The Steelers haven’t made any official moves yet, but expect them to place Smith-Schuster on injured reserve today.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
looked more like the the defender hit right on his shoulder

it was clear right away that he wa in a lot of pain

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, we have Dionta, Claypool and Washington. Do they look to add to that? Not a big fan of Ray Ray or Corey but that might be who were stuck with.

Also, I think Gentry might be our No. 2 TE with Muuth. Dude can catch, block (better now) and communicates to his teammates along the line.

Sucks for JuJu. He came back here instead of signing something longer term. Now, he may never get that payday. I hope the Steelers do right by him. He's tough as nails and has been a solid player for us.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw the other thread. Please delete

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Merge them. This is a different link

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the status of Bryant? Has he been flagged by the league and can no longer play?
Josh Gordon has had like 12 chances ...I dont think there is such a thing as flagged by the NFL and can no longer play...not that I would want Bryant

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Josh Gordon has had like 12 chances ...I dont think there is such a thing as flagged by the NFL and can no longer play...not that I would want Bryant
Bryant had a reefer/depression problem right? I don’t remember the guy being toxic in the locker room. Such a waste of talent though. Dude was a freak on the football field. I was super excited what he was bringing forth in 2015

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What is the status of Bryant? Has he been flagged by the league and can no longer play?

He was last seen with Cope near the Amazon river, about two months before the season started. Cope was singing his "amazonian" version of Proud Mary and Bryant was looking to satisfy his poison frog addiction........................................

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Has he signed somewhere? If not, bring him in as he will be cheap and you can't coach speed.

EDIT: I see KC has him

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing in a boat load of available have them workout and see if one sticks.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
PS

Thanks for the informative article Justin !!!!

Best outcome possible in healing to JuJu

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If we can bring in someone with speed, who can catch. I don't care about running routes. Just someone to stretch the field here and there throughout the game other than Claypool and Diontae.