• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

DeSean or Odell anyone?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd take a look at Desean for sure.

- Madinsomniac (and me)

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Why? Tell me why you want him on the team, I'd love to know.
IMO, OBJ would bring a definite threat to the slot WR position that we 'had' when JuJu was at his best.

I know OBJ may be hurt but I still think 'if' we add him this offense could open up and perform at a higher level...

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miller can be our slot guy.

we do not need a me-first guy like DeSean.
nor do we need a head case like OBJ (remember him talking to the kicker's net?)

Johnson, Claypool, Washington, Miller and RayRay - we're good

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miller must really be sucking or they would have brought him up by now. It's not like they have given Washington much a chance in 2 games even with the bye thrown in there. Ray Ray and Cody definitely aren't No. 3 WR material.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Nope. Hope we are done with headcase WRs
Unfortunately, I think head-case is built into the position for some reason. We've had head-case receivers going back at least to Plaxico Burress. Actually, at the time, Roy Jefferson probably would have been considered a head case, although he was just having conflict with Noll because of union stuff.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think head-case is built into the position for some reason. We've had head-case receivers going back at least to Plaxico Burress. Actually, at the time, Roy Jefferson probably would have been considered a head case, although he was just having conflict with Noll because of union stuff.
Way back in the day they did psych profiles on each position…. Famously wrs are narcissistic, selfish, egotistical, and thrive for the spotlight… what makes them great is also what makes them pains in the *** and Jagoffs

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Desean has speed but always seems to run into situations with every team he has been on ......... me me me kinda guy

OBJ often injured ...... does look like he is shying away from contact on the field......... but I just watched that clip his Dad posted.... I thought it would be an overbearing parents plea with negativity galore..... actually I was surprised...... but man this dude does get separation and I am talking big separation. I can see his frustration ....... Baker is struggling to find him .......... not that it bothers me as they play for the Browns. I remember Tomlin loving this guy..... when drafting that year

So if he became available and the numbers work........ I think Ben could utilize him alot better than Baker ........ as of now he has been excused from practice 2 days and coach says he is not exactly on the team as of now.

Coming to the Burgh would unite him with a coach that loves him and what better way to silence critics about your game than succeeding with a division rival

Never thought I would hear myself saying this ...... but I would love to see what OBJ and Ben could do together.... mind you our coaching staff remains the same ...so there is that obstacle.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
DeShaun and OBJ would both be Zs on our team. Claypool plays that spot. And if they ain't moving Claypool to slot for Washington (another Z only player), they ain't moving him for either of these guys.

DeShaun is Mike Wallace, short receiver with great speed. One trick pony, but it's a good trick.

OBJ could play the big slot, but if he's banged up, he won't want to. JuJu is a bad MF over the middle. OBJ is just bad over the middle. His T-Rex stab on the deep middle ball that could have won them the game, is a ball I saw him jump and high point many times in his career. His heart isn't in it. Is it because of the Browns/Baker? IDK. A change may help, but if he's injured, this will be a season long issue and problem.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
DeShaun and OBJ would both be Zs on our team. Claypool plays that spot. And if they ain't moving Claypool to slot for Washington (another Z only player), they ain't moving him for either of these guys.

DeShaun is Mike Wallace, short receiver with great speed. One trick pony, but it's a good trick.

OBJ could play the big slot, but if he's banged up, he won't want to. JuJu is a bad MF over the middle. OBJ is just bad over the middle. His T-Rex stab on the deep middle ball that could have won them the game, is a ball I saw him jump and high point many times in his career. His heart isn't in it. Is it because of the Browns/Baker? IDK. A change may help, but if he's injured, this will be a season long issue and problem.
No TDs this year, he never recaptured that Giant form. I don't know if he would impact the team positively. If he is cut it never hurts to bring him in for a look. But I wouldn't hold my breath in thinking he will be shades of seasons past.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Makes you appreciate Hines Ward that much more. He wasn't a WR though, he was a badass football player who just happened to play the WR position.

Buster

Reaction score
OBJ is a piece of ****. I would kick the tires on Desean at vet min only for his kick return potential.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Makes you appreciate Hines Ward that much more. He wasn't a WR though, he was a badass football player who just happened to play the WR position.

We could always use more who fit the "badass player who just happens to play the ______________ position (name the position)

Salute the nation

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
that's surprising. I thought NO or BAL would bring him.
he is not a spring chicken at age 34 .... you would think a guy at that stage in his career would like a shot at a ring.
The RAMs could be contenders, Superbowl is in their backyard as well.
It is not like he was on a team that doesn't throw the ball... me me me

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
he is not a spring chicken at age 34 .... you would think a guy at that stage in his career would like a shot at a ring.
The RAMs could be contenders, Superbowl is in their backyard as well.
It is not like he was on a team that doesn't throw the ball... me me me
he was in a good situation with a contender, as they just brought in another big piece for that D, has a good QB, but gets cut. Must suffer from the Melvin Ingram disease.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
he was in a good situation with a contender, as they just brought in another big piece for that D, has a good QB, but gets cut. Must suffer from the Melvin Ingram disease.
He requested the trade ........ no interest ......... so now you can't go back....... most teams just cut ties

Imagine him sitting on his couch if the Rams make it to the show