• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Week 11

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It's Michigan week as Penn State gets TTUN and the Steelers get Detroit. Let's get right to it.

zwyuo8sw9jo31.jpg

6 Michigan at 23 Penn State 12:00 ABC Michigan -1.5 O/U 48.5

Illinois had some success using 7 OL run formations. They only scored 10 points, but they were able to have some drives. OSu and Maryland did not try it. It's not what they do. Harbuagh is probably working on an 8 OL formation. Michigan tries to bully every opponent until they are forced to do something else.

Illinois was never forced to do anything else because Clifford was hurt and the PSU offense couldn't do anything. If the PSU offense struggles again, Harbaugh will do the same. He will be content to win 9-3

Penn State's DTs have played much better the last 2 weeks. They mostly dominated the LOS against Ohio State. Penn State is undersized up front. Their DL relies on penetration. They aren't trying to stuff the run. They are trying to get a tackle for loss on a play and knock you off schedule and force the pass.

This game will prbably come down to wheteher PSU can score points. Michigan fired idiot DC Don Brown so it's better but they still have some holes. They haven't really faced a good passing team or a WR like Jahan Dotson.

Michigan has some great DEs so Penn State will have to have some answers ready with screens and Clifford will have to make some plays with his feet. Something he hasn't really been able to do in weeks.

Michigan will try to make this a low scoring slugfest. Penn State has to try to score to get MIchigan to open up and possibly make some mistakes. PSU has been trying to force the run game, hoping it will develop. But it's too late in the season to think that will happen, so PSU may go pass heavy right from the start.

8 Oklahoma at 13 Baylor 12:00 Fox Okla -5.5 O/U 63
Oklahoma seems forgotten but they are still undefeated. Baylor wants to run the ball with Abram Smith who started at LB for them last year but this year he is the Big 12 leading rusher. Ok has had a pretty weak schedule and have had close calls. They end with 3 tough games vs Baylor, Iowa State and Ok State. With the playoff committe having them at 8, it seems pretty obvious that Oklahoma needs to go undefeated to make the playoffs or hope for a shitload of losses by other teams.

1 Georgia at Tennessee 3:30 CBS UGA -20 O/U 56

Georgia's defense has been awesome, but if you nit pick, they also haven't played a good passing team. Does Tenn qualify as a good passing team? Sort of. They do have some playmakers. Georgia's starting LB Adam Anderson turned himself in to police and is charged with felony rape. Can that lead to a crack in the Georgia defense? How good is the Georgia offense if they actually have to score some points in a competitive game?

19 Purdue at 4 Ohio State 3:30 ABC OSU -21 O/U 63.5
purdue pulled off the upset vs Mich State last week and they mostly dominated that game. It was no fluke. Purdue has some studs on defense. OSU QB CJ Stroud still plays like a freshman at times. Purdue has a very good WR David Bell. Penn State's Jahan Dotson got loose for 11 catches vs Ohio State secondary that does make mistakes. Purdue can do some of the same things PSU did to move the ball. Game is in Columbus so I'm not sure Purdue can pull it off. If Purdue comes close, their coach Jeff Brohm could be a hot name.

11 Texas A&M at 15 Ole Miss 7:00 ESPN TAM -2.5 O/U 57
the big story is QB Matt Corral vs Texas A&M defense. Corral is the only FBS player with more than 2,500 yards passing and 500 yards rushing. The TAM defense is only allowing 14.7 pts per game which is 2nd in the nation. TAM wants to run the ball with Isaiah Spiller who may be the best RB in the counrty.

16 NC State at 12 Wake Forest 7:30 ACC Network Wake -2 O/U 65.5
If a wolf ***** in a Forest does it make a sound? This is a very important game to determie which team will win the ACC and go on to be snubbed from the playoffs. Still though, this is a big season for Wake. It's the kind of season you need to start to build a program.Wake is the only team to have scored at least 35 in every game this year.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahem...

#2 Alabama. #6 Cincy - no write up???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Any way...

Yes, Bama has New Mexico at Bryant Denny this week - first things first. The OL must protect Bryce this week. They've given up waaaay to many sacks thru the A gaps. New Mexico will not just roll over straight out the gate so I fully expect them to play hard until they Bama hits them w/ the knock out blow. I want to better production from the top dog, Robinson, running the ball. Last week's production was terrible.

The game will be broadcasted on the SECN.

Line: ALA -50.5
O/U: 67

Cincy allowed 28 points to USF last night. Hmmm??? My hometown Bulls are not good so that win (and I didn't watch the game) gives me pause...Let me do a Cooch and go watch the highlights on YouTube and then give my analysis...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's Michigan week as Penn State gets TTUN and the Steelers get Detroit. Let's get right to it.

zwyuo8sw9jo31.jpg

6 Michigan at 23 Penn State 12:00 ABC Michigan -1.5 O/U 48.5
Illinois had some success using 7 OL run formations. They only scored 10 points, but they were able to have some drives. OSu and Maryland did not try it. It's not what they do. Harbuagh is probably working on an 8 OL formation. Michigan tries to bully every opponent until they are forced to do something else.

Illinois was never forced to do anything else because Clifford was hurt and the PSU offense couldn't do anything. If the PSU offense struggles again, Harbaugh will do the same. He will be content to win 9-3

Penn State's DTs have played much better the last 2 weeks. They mostly dominated the LOS against Ohio State. Penn State is undersized up front. Their DL relies on penetration. They aren't trying to stuff the run. They are trying to get a tackle for loss on a play and knock you off schedule and force the pass.

This game will prbably come down to wheteher PSU can score points. Michigan fired idiot DC Don Brown so it's better but they still have some holes. They haven't really faced a good passing team or a WR like Jahan Dotson.

Michigan has some great DEs so Penn State will have to have some answers ready with screens and Clifford will have to make some plays with his feet. Something he hasn't really been able to do in weeks.

Michigan will try to make this a low scoring slugfest. Penn State has to try to score to get MIchigan to open up and possibly make some mistakes. PSU has been trying to force the run game, hoping it will develop. But it's too late in the season to think that will happen, so PSU may go pass heavy right from the start.

8 Oklahoma at 13 Baylor 12:00 Fox Okla -5.5 O/U 63
Oklahoma seems forgotten but they are still undefeated. Baylor wants to run the ball with Abram Smith who started at LB for them last year but this year he is the Big 12 leading rusher. Ok has had a pretty weak schedule and have had close calls. They end with 3 tough games vs Baylor, Iowa State and Ok State. With the playoff committe having them at 8, it seems pretty obvious that Oklahoma needs to go undefeated to make the playoffs or hope for a shitload of losses by other teams.

1 Georgia at Tennessee 3:30 CBS UGA -20 O/U 56
Georgia's defense has been awesome, but if you nit pick, they also haven't played a good passing team. Does Tenn qualify as a good passing team? Sort of. They do have some playmakers. Georgia's starting LB Adam Anderson turned himself in to police and is charged with felony rape. Can that lead to a crack in the Georgia defense? How good is the Georgia offense if they actually have to score some points in a competitive game?

19 Purdue at 4 Ohio State 3:30 ABC OSU -21 O/U 63.5
purdue pulled off the upset vs Mich State last week and they mostly dominated that game. It was no fluke. Purdue has some studs on defense. OSU QB CJ Stroud still plays like a freshman at times. Purdue has a very good WR David Bell. Penn State's Jahan Dotson got loose for 11 catches vs Ohio State secondary that does make mistakes. Purdue can do some of the same things PSU did to move the ball. Game is in Columbus so I'm not sure Purdue can pull it off. If Purdue comes close, their coach Jeff Brohm could be a hot name.

11 Texas A&M at 15 Ole Miss 7:00 ESPN TAM -2.5 O/U 57
the big story is QB Matt Corral vs Texas A&M defense. Corral is the only FBS player with more than 2,500 yards passing and 500 yards rushing. The TAM defense is only allowing 14.7 pts per game which is 2nd in the nation. TAM wants to run the ball with Isaiah Spiller who may be the best RB in the counrty.

16 NC State at 12 Wake Forest 7:30 ACC Network Wake -2 O/U 65.5
If a wolf ***** in a Forest does it make a sound? This is a very important game to determie which team will win the ACC and go on to be snubbed from the playoffs. Still though, this is a big season for Wake. It's the kind of season you need to start to build a program.Wake is the only team to have scored at least 35 in every game this year.

Great write up Tape, thank you.

Between these write ups and a certain Georgia Alumni, I've watched ore college football this season than the last five combined.

I'll get to catch a portin of the Bulldog game today before "life's" work takes over.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah. Re: Tennessee.
No offense Supe.

Florida was supposed to be a team Georgia was going to struggle against, Kentucky was supposed to be the team that was going to give Georgia fits. I see no difference in Tennessee. Sure they run a fast tempo, but the Dawgs defense is loaded

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah. Re: Tennessee.
No offense Supe.

Florida was supposed to be a team Georgia was going to struggle against, Kentucky was supposed to be the team that was going to give Georgia fits. I see no difference in Tennessee. Sure they run a fast tempo, but the Dawgs defense is loaded
This. If Tennessee scores more than 17 points, I'll be shocked

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
9-1 Slippery Rock will be at Kutztown University at noon today for the PSAC championship.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
2 weeks in a row Bama shafted w/ phantom face mask calls resulting in points. This is bull chyt, Geraldo!!!

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Did you get a screen capture???
I did not. It was clearly an ABC telecast snafu right before the start of the UofM/PSU game. They went to the sideline camera for a split second and the girl was exercising her mouth.

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
Penn State's coach sucks, LOL